Page 2325 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2322, 2323, 2324, 2325, 2326, 2327, 2328 ... 4092  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

I am closing down for the night.
Sleep well everyone.
Take care.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

For all of the plans we made
There isn't a flag I'd wave
Don't care where we've been
I'd sink us to swim

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

Temeraire wrote:
I am closing down for the night.
Sleep well everyone.
Take care.

Goodnight,

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:36 pm

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

Dragnet, hi, cool you got to watch Star Wars too. They have descriptive audio headsets in the movie theaters now, so I don't even have to ask a friend to summarize the actions anymore. So much better than going to the movies as a kid! :mrgreen:

I actually like Abrams's style of humor. So I'm curious why he annoys you. :)

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 9:24 pm

DataB4 wrote:
I actually like Abrams's style of humor. So I'm curious why he annoys you. :)

He sucks, thats why.

He adds lens flares everywhere and I have yet to see a movie from him that was good. The closes thing to a good JJ Abrams film was 10 Cloverfield Lane and that was in part thanks to the artistic merit of John Goodman.

Let me audio descript his lens flares, image a scene with light like an explosion that decides you need more light in the form of a flash light shining into your face. Add sensory problems and I am internally cursing JJ Abrams out.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 9:43 pm

Oh! Well the lens flare does sound aggravating when you describe it that way. :( What special effects do you like best?

I'm so tired of people not doing what they say they're going to. A certain college student assistant comes to mind, along with a couple of other people who don't seem to care about deadlines. WTF!

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Oh! Well the lens flare does sound aggravating when you describe it that way. :( What special effects do you like best?

In the last jedi?

Uh... probably don't need a spoiler for this but...

Spoiler wrote:
Hyperspace doom straight into a solid object, little delay which added to the awesomeness, an unhesitated f**k you :-D

DataB4 wrote:
I'm so tired of people not doing what they say they're going to. A certain college student assistant comes to mind, along with a couple of other people who don't seem to care about deadlines. WTF!

I know what I want to do but I having trouble finding a how but the end probably won't be nice so I am kinda taking my time with it anyway lol

Deadlines?

I never cared about those much in college either, in fact I kinda just winged it and did pretty well, until I didn't... Story of my life :-)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

^Nice special effects description. :) What does hyperspace look like?

I was talking about people who said they'd get back to me with info we need for a project. We were supposed to actually get s**t done. It would be really really helpful if these folks did what they said they were going to do for me. And yeah, I should've known that a college student might have trouble with the concept of a deadline. :lol: Technical glitches aren't helping the situation either. But garsh darnit, everything's going to work right now because I say so! Where's the kid-stamping-foot emoticon? :lol:

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:14 pm

DataB4 wrote:
What does hyperspace look like?

Alright so your in space, you have stars, then when you enter hyperspace, all the stars become like rays shooting toward or by the ship, as the ship accelerates more stars do this leaving some what of, or a precieved, hole in the center with the edges being totally white from all the stars that are zooming by. Then with special effects after this, it kind of becomes a blue tunnel which I am not sure what that is suppose to be but the first Star Wars I saw with the blue effect was actually a game called Star Wars Jedi Outcast when the characters are traveling to Bespin, I don't think the original movies had the blue tunnels but I might be wrong.

Interesting fact actually, a space ship can't hyperspace any where to avoid collisions, they actually have hyperspace lanes but the movies never really explain this but as Han said in the original, its not an easy process and most smaller ships don't have hyperspace. X wings do but tie fighters don't.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

I think the blue tunnels, and the stars as shooting rays, they’re a good idea to convey hyperspace pathways. That said, Star Trek has mostly been better at explanations than Star Wars. Do you have a favorite Star Wars movie?

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

DataB4 wrote:
I think the blue tunnels, and the stars as shooting rays, they’re a good idea to convey hyperspace pathways. That said, Star Trek has mostly been better at explanations than Star Wars. Do you have a favorite Star Wars movie?

Um probably Empire Strikes Back and I don't know why Return of Jedi gets so much hate, it was pretty good.

Surprising I think second to those would be The Last Jedi, I enjoyed it quite a bit but I do not care so much for the asset left behind from JJ Abrams such as Rey, Finn and all those. However, I think with the assets Rian Johnson inherited, he did the best he could. I think he was giving a complete mess, The Force Awakens really failed to bring any kinda of coherent plot together, no explanation to who Snoke is, a overused death star theme, and less then great characters. Plus poorly executed scenes such as with Han Solo and overly dangerous technicals used as plot devices that didn't need to occur like hyperspacing in orbit or out of a hanger.

As for Star Trek, I think 2,3 and 4 make for a tilogy of itself. The first Star Trek was medicore because it focused on now outdated special effects. The Next Generation is my fav style of Star Trek though, with The Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine being the general theme I think they should return to.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 11:13 pm

I love the Next Generation flavor of exploration. :) I enjoyed all the Star Trek series though.

Yoda is the best, and I enjoyed watching him train Luke. :)

I'm so tired I might fall asleep with the phone in my hands. If that happens, I'll reply tomorrow.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 11:27 pm

^ Ah no worries, I am probably going to disappear for a while again anyway.

Problems aren't getting better here,

But I'll survive, until I don't survive anymore but when that day comes I'd would like to...

Star Wars Spoiler wrote:
Hyperspace into a solid object lol

Metaphorically speaking of course, though I have heard worse thoeries then this...

I am smoking horribly but only because something has to kill you and that is looking sooner then later :-D

Peace, goodnight ya'll.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 4:56 am

Well, now I know who I'll be making next in Second Life.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 6:02 am

.....fffffFFFFUUUUUTUUUUURE

FUUUUUUTUUUUUURE

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.