Page 3288 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3285, 3286, 3287, 3288, 3289, 3290, 3291 ... 4092  Next

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 12:53 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I overheard my mum talking to our friend on the phone. She said that she had put so much energy and time and money into various programmes and social thingies for me over the years, and she kept hoping that I would at least make a friend, but I ended up [in her own words] hating every single one. It's nice that she acknowledges that, but then she went on to say that now she basically doesn't know what to do with me, that i need to work [which made me feel horribly guilty], and that there's a lot of my dad in me [which made me feel plain horrible and so ashamed].

I really don't know what to do.

This is why I'm in a peculiar mood.

Don't beat yourself up for what others think or say. We can never control that but as long as you live your life by standards that you feel/know are right, you can't go wrong. Be the best person you can and always be true to yourself and let others have their hangups. They're entitled to think and feel what they want but that doesn't define you.

As long as you're happy with yourself, that's really all that matters. Not easy at times but it's true.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 1:04 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I overheard my mum talking to our friend on the phone. She said that she had put so much energy and time and money into various programmes and social thingies for me over the years, and she kept hoping that I would at least make a friend, but I ended up [in her own words] hating every single one. It's nice that she acknowledges that, but then she went on to say that now she basically doesn't know what to do with me, that i need to work [which made me feel horribly guilty], and that there's a lot of my dad in me [which made me feel plain horrible and so ashamed].

I really don't know what to do.

This is why I'm in a peculiar mood.

Don't torment yourself, as ,my overbearing mom has made similar statements when in fact, she knows nothing of how hard it is to make friends if your an autistic person.I often torment my own self for failing to meet the so called picture of absolution of such. Honestly, I simply try to do/make whatever is possible in my life despite not living up to some irrational expectation or potential

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 1:08 pm

longshot wrote:
As well, you can have a profile indicating your a female when your a male in actuality

I just saw this.

Yes, you're right. Raleigh and I should never have played around with our genders. My God. That was Australia day, 2015 (I think) and we haven't been able to change them back since. She's still down as a male.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 1:10 pm

I've got to go to bed guys. It's 5:09am here and I'm tired.
Catch you later.
Bye.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
longshot wrote:
As well, you can have a profile indicating your a female when your a male in actuality

I just saw this.

Yes, you're right. Raleigh and I should never have played around with our genders. My God. That was Australia day, 2015 (I think) and we haven't been able to change them back since. She's still down as a male.

That's because I'm male.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:22 pm

I just wanted to say, that it's nice to be part of WP cause, there is a greater feeling of home here compared to elsewhere on the internet.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:36 pm

^ agreed.
People are generally very accepting here.

I'm in a few Facebook groups and some of them can get very snarky.
I posted something I made the other day and someone called me out on it and said I bought it from IKEA.
felt flattered that it looked that good actually. :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:55 pm

^ How much did you pay for it :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:00 pm

I made it from pallets, so petrol fumes and a few screws and paint. :D

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:07 pm

longshot wrote:
I just wanted to say, that it's nice to be part of WP cause, there is a greater feeling of home here compared to elsewhere on the internet.

Agreed.

Raleigh do u mind sharing what you made?

Facebook ppl are bad though nowhere near as bad as twitter. I deleted my twitter as i cd not handle it. I guess it minimizes ur attention span (the wat its set up) so ppl stop payig attention to context or nuance

A dumb lady on facebook who says she works with special needs kids told me labels mean nothing n saying my child is severe Asd tells her nothinh etc

I told her obviously theres an entire assessment and report to go with the label. That also lists strengths n needs n recommended protocol

I was arguing tht saying a ‘HFA’ autistic has anywhwrw near the daily struggles n need fr care of a severe ASD person is disingenuous and wrong. And labeks are needed to categorize in order to access services.

Yes ASD ppl who can function in society to some level feel neglected and rightly so. However severe ASD children are dealing with often life threatening things like self injury requiring regular hospitalization, inability to eat like my son or other things like basic communication, wandering, etc n their sensory issues cause them to scream n claw at their faces, as the pain is so intense.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:14 pm

I told her if we lived in financial utopia or government allocated more funds n used them properly, then i dont mind so much. But since everything is limited n services r poor unless child has been diagnosed esp with regards to severity, the label is integral to accessing any sort of helpful service n support
Eg prior to diagnosis he got tye bare minimum of stupid various therapists who performed an assessment once a month with barely any protocol given. Told me each time ‘play more games. Talk slowly. Emphasize key words. Etc’
Or
‘Take him on walks.’
Everything i was already doing (which they acknowledged) but did not do anything fr him.
It wasted so many years. Yet on the surface ppl saw ‘oh hes getting services’ no but they are not the right ones! These knobs are trained for medium to ‘high’ functioning ASD kids n have no idea fr my son

Once he got the label he got proper services n the therapiats actually did things to help (which improved his quality of life and confidence)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:18 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I made it from pallets, so petrol fumes and a few screws and paint. :D

Who did you have to screw ? and did you enjoy huffing on the petrol and paint :twisted:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:22 pm

^ knew you'd say something like that.

I would share but the pics are also on fb.
There was a woman who put up the same pics here and on fb and ended up getting stalked and receiving death threats.
While that sounds exciting, I don't have time in my schedule for that.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:27 pm

I am nothing if not predictable.

Very wise about photo's.

What did she get death threats for ? Did they find out who sent them ? Some people are just f****d in the head :roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:30 pm

P.S. Found your FB page

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 3:31 pm

^^ scary, because it was obviously a WP member.
I don't know how it panned out.
You have to be very careful with images.
DataB4 said to remove the metadata from them too before posting because people can find out where you live.
Like, your exact address. 8O