Page 2990 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2987, 2988, 2989, 2990, 2991, 2992, 2993 ... 4092  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 5:52 pm

Those are great. I especially like the one where her back is toward us.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 6:14 pm

i love the detail on her clothes in that one. acrylic slow dry medium is a godsend for blending like that.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 7:08 pm

What I said on the unhappiness thread. Now that I know for sure that's your work, coming back here.

You are a freakin' genius. I cannot draw or paint or.... to save my soul but I have a very good eye and you are a freakin' genius.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i have to be good at absolutely everything. otherwise life is meaningless.

okay is okay.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

Boo was happy to see me when I came home today. :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 7:46 pm

Good evening Sweet Peas! :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 8:52 pm

There Are Four Lights!

CloudClimber
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 10:55 pm

With the schedule change at work I just haven’t been able to be around plus other stuff going on... I’m all disorganized now :| :roll:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 1:07 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
What I said on the unhappiness thread. Now that I know for sure that's your work, coming back here.

You are a freakin' genius. I cannot draw or paint or.... to save my soul but I have a very good eye and you are a freakin' genius.

thank you. i'm glad you like, i don't exactly know why i was feeling bad (i want to do grimy industrial paintings, maybe that's why) but these are really some of my finer works i think.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 1:58 am

They're beautiful works of art, Kip. I love the intricacy and detail, your use of color and light, and I also really like the angle of the composition in both of these. She's at rest, but because of the sightline, if that's what it's called, there's almost a breathless quality to the second one, as if she's quiet now, but it's the stillness of a cat, and any minute she'll take flight, as they do; and there's a kind of... incipient motion to the first, as if she's thinking about it, and any second now...

I also really like your triptych-trinity above. You've captured a beauty that's almost anime in that series, breathtaking in a living person.

I am now about to embarrass you terribly, and I'm sorry, but looking at these artworks and also having read another thread you created, I can't help thinking about Amedeo Modigliani and Jeanne Hébuterne.

In terms of the intensity of the art, and the power of the Muse. (In other words, yeah no, let the resemblance end there.)

My wish for you is to keep all that intensity and power, but also that upward trajectory, find your wings, take off like... well, like the artist as a young F-15, I suppose. This is an F-14, but it says what I mean.

And that's it for me today, I'm up way too late. But your work is truly incredible.

PS, in re grimy, have you seen how Camille Pisarro started out, my goodness.

PSS, you could design tattoos that would knock people breathless, you know.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 4:28 am

Today is Monday the 13th. That sounds like a day of bad luck.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 7:42 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Today is Monday the 13th. That sounds like a day of bad luck.

That's dependent upon whether your highly superstitious or prone to such.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 7:49 am

I'm submitting the following inquiry, basically, I'm wondering here on this thread have ever moved/relocated to a new place on your own? As of late I have been given serious consideration to moving not only to another city but, to another territory/state which, I'm not completely familiar with.Where I currently live, there is not as my resources & services available to autistic persons from young children to adults. As well, I don't wish to reside where I'm at for the rest of my life if this makes sense? Anyways, many thanks for any/all responses.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 1:28 pm

New selfie. I think I need more sleep.

There Are Four Lights!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 3:10 pm

kazanscube wrote:
I'm submitting the following inquiry, basically, I'm wondering here on this thread have ever moved/relocated to a new place on your own? As of late I have been given serious consideration to moving not only to another city but, to another territory/state which, I'm not completely familiar with.Where I currently live, there is not as my resources & services available to autistic persons from young children to adults. As well, I don't wish to reside where I'm at for the rest of my life if this makes sense? Anyways, many thanks for any/all responses.

I don't know how much this will help, Kazan, but I moved across the country - from New York State to Oregon - and later on I moved from Oregon to Europe. Then back to the US East Coast a few years later. The reason I'm not sure it will help a lot is that I did it as part of changing jobs - I got the job in the new place first, then moved. And that was thirty years ago (I came back to the States 20+ years ago, and stayed put) - so I don't know if that kind of job change is easier or harder these days. I know there's a lot more remote interviewing technology but I don't know what the job markets are like.

Optimistic bottom line, though, yes it's doable, I went to and from Europe on my own, with three cats, even. (And all my furniture! Which wasn't much, but helped me feel at home there.)