Page 3688 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3685, 3686, 3687, 3688, 3689, 3690, 3691 ... 4092  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:06 pm

Darmok wrote:

Many of us here in Wales do not accept that flag. That was brought in with the modern druidic movement into Wales in 1956.

We use the proper flag for Wales which St David used.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:07 pm

Can I become Dictator of Georgia and establish my own family dynasty so I can be like the Tyrells? :king:

I'll marry my daughter off to the King of Wales and I PROMISE not to poison the groom at the wedding! :mrgreen:

(Game of Thrones reference btw)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:19 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Can I become Dictator of Georgia and establish my own family dynasty so I can be like the Tyrells? :king:

I'll marry my daughter off to the King of Wales and I PROMISE not to poison the groom at the wedding! :mrgreen:

(Game of Thrones reference btw)

Uhmmmm, uhmmmm....

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:23 pm

Seriously, I relate so much to the Tyrells. I'm definetly Loras, Margaery is my sister, and Olenna is my mom.

And High Garden is an agricultural kingdom, and Georgia is an agricultural state.

Also Atlanta got destroyed by fire during the American Civil War, and House Tyrell got destroyed by 'Wildfire'.

Also House Tyrell's symbol was a rose, and Georgia's symbol is a peach.

Symbolizing a connection to plants. :flower:

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:50 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Darmok wrote:

A dragon is not a slave!

A dragon is definitely not a slave.

Loved that scene.

Miss GOT so much.

We need more dragons on TV.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:01 pm

Temeraire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Darmok wrote:

A dragon is not a slave!

A dragon is definitely not a slave.

Loved that scene.

Miss GOT so much.

We need more dragons on TV.

I wish it had ended better...

But ever since watching it I now think of other real life countries with their national animal symbols competing for the Iron Throne, just like the 7 Kingdoms in Westaros. :king:

I believe the American Eagle is currently sitting on that throne. Will the Russian Bear and the Chinese Dragon be competing to take the Iron Throne away from the eagle? :chin:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:19 pm

I always loved this scene with Cersei and Tommen. I can picture this being Melania and her son Barron.

"Shh, calm my sweet. No one is going to hurt you. I'll tell you a story. You know the one about the mother eagle and her baby eaglet? Yes my love, in the American woods there lived an eagle and her eaglet. She loved him very much. But there were other things that lived in the woods, evil things like bears and dragons. You could hear them growling in the night, the little eaglet frightened. His mother said 'You are an eagle my son! You must not be afraid! For one day all the beasts will bow to you, you wil be king! All the bears will bow, all the dragons will bow. The wolves of the north, and the lions of the south. All the birds in the sky and the beasts in the sea. They will all come to you little eagle to rest a crown on your head.' The eaglet said 'Will I be strong and feirce like my father?', 'Yes!' Said his mother 'You will be strong and feirce just like your father!' I will keep you safe, my love. I promise you."

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:

I always loved this scene with Cersei and Tommen. I can picture this being Melania and her son Barron.

"Shh, calm my sweet. No one is going to hurt you. I'll tell you a story. You know the one about the mother eagle and her baby eaglet? Yes my love, in the American woods there lived an eagle and her eaglet. She loved him very much. But there were other things that lived in the woods, evil things like bears and dragons. You could hear them growling in the night, the little eaglet frightened. His mother said 'You are an eagle my son! You must not be afraid! For one day all the beasts will bow to you, you wil be king! All the bears will bow, all the dragons will bow. The wolves of the north, and the lions of the south. All the birds in the sky and the beasts in the sea. They will all come to you little eagle to rest a crown on your head.' The eaglet said 'Will I be strong and feirce like my father?', 'Yes!' Said his mother 'You will be strong and feirce just like your father!' I will keep you safe, my love. I promise you."

I think I might have to go back and watch the whole series again.

The great thing about being older and having poor memory is that it is almost like watching a new series.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:48 pm

Barron is over six feet tall now.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:50 pm

Temeraire wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I think I might have to go back and watch the whole series again.

The great thing about being older and having poor memory is that it is almost like watching a new series.

To be honest I never watched the whole show because it was too violent and disturbing to me, but I liked picking out a few select scenes to reference.

Another one of my favorite scenes with Margaery:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Tommen grew taller in the later seasons too when he married Margaery

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:32 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Tommen grew taller in the later seasons too when he married Margaery

Older Tommen was played by a different actor.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:52 pm

I have decided that I am going to run for the position of Administrator.
If successful I will drain the swamp and right all wrongs.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have decided that I am going to run for the position of Administrator.
If successful I will drain the swamp and right all wrongs.

what about wringing all rights and maybe even ringing all bells?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:07 pm

I will marry EzarZ and influence him like the Tyrells do any time they marry a king. Like a rose vine slowly creeping up a wall to conquer a castle. :flower:

Or maybe influence like a peach tree? He won't be able to resist my tastey peaches. :chin:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:08 pm