Page 2178 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2175, 2176, 2177, 2178, 2179, 2180, 2181 ... 4092  Next

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

Raleigh wrote:

I like that. And it strokes my ego that I could read that straight off ... though perhaps it means it shouldn't. :?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:52 pm

I'm way, way over budget now. It's too easy, now that I actually have money to spend, to buy more and more books. :( I think someone might need to take my credit card away from me.
Ordinarily, I'm very frugal [especially in video games, wherein I barely buy anything but the least amount of necessities, and then end up with a huge fortune at the end].
Of course, I also have my eye on a $200 game system and a game to go with it, even though I already bought my Japanese 3DS a month ago [and about ten-twelve books in the meantime].
Help, please.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I'm way, way over budget now. It's too easy, now that I actually have money to spend, to buy more and more books. :( I think someone might need to take my credit card away from me.
Ordinarily, I'm very frugal [especially in video games, wherein I barely buy anything but the least amount of necessities, and then end up with a huge fortune at the end].
Of course, I also have my eye on a $200 game system and a game to go with it, even though I already bought my Japanese 3DS a month ago [and about ten-twelve books in the meantime].
Help, please.

maybe give your credit card to your mom until you pay down the balance a bit?

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:12 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
am trying to understand where the "unconditional love" parents have for their children comes from. something i never quite got (but maybe i do and i just don't sense it)

i am convinced some of them are lying.

is it just because they raised them?

my folks were fine before i came along. i am sure they will be fine if something were to happen to me.

I'm not sure really. Also I have to be careful so that my own negative experiences and attitude towards my parents doesn't influence the reply

Unconditional love, I think it means that there are no conditions on their love. You don't have to be anyone else then who you are, or do anything you don't want to do to get their love.

My parents have criticized me for many things that is NOT right in my opinion. I haven't changed to make them happy.

I'm sorry you don't feel you have experienced unconditional love from your parents.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:00 pm

Well, I'm not going to try to be a psychitrest or therapist.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:15 pm

Quote:
You don't have to be anyone else then who you are, or do anything you don't want to do to get their love.
I need to remember that, and stop trying to please people so much.

I need to take a Zen approach to video games. Maybe then I could get rid of them all. *sigh*

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm

Lost a toenail.
Very careless of me.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:25 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Lost a toenail.
Very careless of me.

ouch!

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm

OMG I just watched a really crazy thing. It was about guys who are dating and in love with a virtual character named Rinko.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:37 pm

^ I once watched a documentary about old men who buy skin suits so they can walk around looking like beautiful, astonishingly creepy young ladies. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:39 pm

Hi Froya, Hi Raleigh,

I've never "fallen in love" with a cartoon character or a virtual character---but I have certainly felt a bit of lust for a couple of them

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:44 pm

YouTube can open your eyes but sometimes it's better to remain blind.

I only just discovered My Little Pony is a sexual thing. 8O
I'm extremely naive sometimes.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ I once watched a documentary about old men who buy skin suits so they can walk around looking like beautiful, astonishingly creepy young ladies. :lol:

I guess we really shouldn't judge :P

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Froya, Hi Raleigh,

I've never "fallen in love" with a cartoon character or a virtual character---but I have certainly felt a bit of lust for a couple of them

Hi, KK.

I developed a crush on a few anime characters.