Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 3:14 pm

I have a laptop, I have a password for my laptop, but I can't remember my password {my Aspergers makes me forget things} I wrote my password down, but my cat ate it. Can someone help?

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm

No.
What I can tell you is that many times, depending on factors such as operating system, it's possible to change the password without being logged in.
It's very likely that you can do that, but I wouldn't know how.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 3:45 pm

Earthling wrote:
No.
What I can tell you is that many times, depending on factors such as operating system, it's possible to change the password without being logged in.
It's very likely that you can do that, but I wouldn't know how.

Thanks! Is the operating system mean the company that made the laptop? I'm not very good with computers.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 4:46 pm

Examples of operating systems: Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Ubuntu (Linux), MacOS.

I've once seen a way to open the black command box, I think in Windows XP, in the login screen and you could change passwords with it.

But again, I don't remember specifics. I've just told you this so you might be interested in trying to google for it and solve it for free, rather than getting ripped off by someone retrieving your password for $1000. :P

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor