Do you sneak food into movie theaters?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

18 Apr 2007, 12:35 am

I sneak candy in when I go see a movie. I stop at a store and buy some and put them in my purse after I pay for them and bring them to the movies with me because their food is so expensive. My boyfriend says it isn't right but I think it's okay because I grew up with my parents doing it. I'm not going to get arrested for bringing food in. But if I tried sneaking a tool on a airplane that isn't allowed on board, that would get me arested so no I wouldn't do that but with sneaking food in the theaters, I do because it's not something you get in trouble for. I'm sure the movie people know people do it but they don't do anything about it because they don't see the candy or any drinks people carry in.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:42 am

I do the same everytime I go to the movies. I carry sandwiches, candies, chocolates, potato chips and chocolates.

The secret is hiding food in a big purse. Never use a backpack, because they seem suspicious, if you enter with a backpack they can ask you for showing what you have in it.

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2007, 12:42 am

"Not right" is stealing towels from a hotel. The reason they don't allow snacks is because they hope you'll buy their stuff. I take food too, otherwise I don't eat while I'm in the movies. No way I'm spending $8 for a popcorn and coke. I wouldn't sweat it.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:46 am

Plus, they don't sell mutton at theaters.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:48 am

No, nanna gets popcorn from the cinema so I don't need to take food with me.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:59 am

Has anyone got caught with food in the cinema?

I haven't.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:07 am

I've brought candy in once or twice but that's about it. But I still get food from the hotel anyway. Nachos are actually only $3.50! I've seen them for over $5 at other places, like the fair grounds.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:13 am

Yes, rarely do I get food from the movie theaters unless it's popcorn.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:32 am

I'm going to see a movie on friday and no matter what I'm going to sneak in my own food! I think it's ridiculous that we're not allowed to bring our own food into the movies anymore! Maybe if they didn't charge so much we wouldn't want to!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:38 am

We can't drink milk at our cinema!

Lazenca_x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2007, 2:45 am

They actually sell pies and a coke at our cinema. :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 2:55 am

Sometimes.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 2:58 am

phenomenon wrote:
"Not right" is stealing towels from a hotel. The reason they don't allow snacks is because they hope you'll buy their stuff. I take food too, otherwise I don't eat while I'm in the movies. No way I'm spending $8 for a popcorn and coke. I wouldn't sweat it.

Quoted for truth. The GREEDINESS of the theaters is the only reason for the rule that you can't bring in outside food. Their prices are ABSURD and I don't think there's anything wrong with bringing in your own damn snacks. You have every right to bring food with you and eat it.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 3:15 am

The most I have snuck in was a small bag of candies in a coat pcoket. But I still bought popcorn and a drink.

I once saw this man in theater who had a can of Diet Coke, bag of microwave popcorn and bag of candy which he pulled out of a backpack. I thought it was funny. Oh I forgot I went to movies with someone once who brought in a two pound bag of Red Vines.

Anyone else's theater sell more than just snacks? The one here sells hot dogs, mini pizzas, nachos, ice cream, ICEEs, warm just baked cookies in 3 flavors, hot pretzels, Italian sodas, plus the usual candy assortments and popcorn. At one time they had hamburgers. I'm glad they stopped those because I hated smelling onions while I watched a film.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

18 Apr 2007, 3:55 am

I sneak in food all the time! Like a coke, some lollies, a packet of chips (the lollies and chips are noisy for others so I either open them softly or do it quickly to get it over and done with).

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2007, 5:37 am

i always take food to the cinema, i never by it, it to expensive that why people take food in!!