13 Sep 2019, 12:18 pm

PIQ 150 VIQ 80 ,or VIQ 150 PIQ 80?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 2:10 pm

firemonkey wrote:
PIQ 150 VIQ 80 ,or VIQ 150 PIQ 80?

Could you kindly specify what this means?
:scratch:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

They're all P's and Q's to me. :lol:

Sorry. I don't know the technical things yet.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:06 pm

VIQ= verbal intelligence
PIQ= non-verbal intelligence

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:14 pm

I am ever so sorry but I can't yet get my mind to think about either situation at the moment. Uhmmm. I will wait for others to reply so I can get the gist of both situations so I can understand both dissabiities so I can weigh up either option. You are a geniusto understand it all I think Firemonkey. I need a few examples so I have something to mentally grasp at.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:27 pm

https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-is- ... ce-2162165

https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-is- ... ce-2162167

If I'm a genius the level for being a genius has been significantly lowered .

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:32 pm

Here is what Google suggests
The particular Intellectual Assessment/Achievement test that I am becoming proficient at results in a Full-Scale IQ (FSIQ) score, as well as a Verbal IQ (VIQ) and a Performance IQ (PIQ) score. The test contains 14 subtests, half of which fall under the VIQ, and the other half under PIQ. Your VIQ score is indicative of your ability to work with abstract symbols, your verbal memory skills and fluency abilities, as well as the amount of education you have had, and whether you actually benefited from that education. Your PIQ score indicates your ability to work with concrete situations, to work quickly, to integrate perceptual stimuli with motor responses, as well as your visual spatial ability.

If there is a significant difference between your VIQ and your PIQ, there are potential reasons for this. Typical reasons for a higher PIQ are if the test-taker is ESL, or has less education. They may also have a learning disability, some level of autism or mental retardation, and possibly even emotional trauma (though additional background information is needed to support the last possibility). Additionally, a higher PIQ often means the test-taker has low auditory processing and conceptualizing skills, meaning that they have difficulty in understanding auditory directions and putting them into practice. A significantly higher VIQ may indicate the test-taker has a high level of education/schooling, they have a deep fund of knowledge, and they are probably caucasion or mainstream American. A higher VIQ may also indicate some level of a mood disorder such as depression, or right-hemisphere brain damage.

http://provereal.blogspot.com/2008/10/o ... ssion.html

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 3:40 pm

^ Thanks for that . I 'd say low PIQ has a definite negative effect on the ability to deal with everyday practical tasks .