Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 7:57 pm

recently i moved and it seems like everyone stops and askes for directions, "hey man can you tell me (insert street name here) is?" i dont answer i just shrug my shoulders and walk off, they probably think im some annoying neighborhood brat but im really not. i just dont want to be botherd by people asking directions while im out in the hood walking around fantasizing.

does this happen where you live? dont you think people would already know where to go if they were in a car?

also loose dogs are a major problem in this neighbourhood. i was almost attacked by a cazy animal yesterday. :roll:

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 8:35 pm

Just bein an aspie, scroom if they can't take it.

I would bet most doggies like you.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 8:36 pm

I've lived here (Portland area) most of my life. What I enjoy doing is hanging out at Pioneer Square DT Portland and give tourists bad directions. Now that's rude. You're not being rude.

Last edited by whiteskunk on 27 Apr 2007, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 8:41 pm

oh no all dogs hate me nutbag. ive never met any that like me. its like they know i dont like them so they retaliate on me by trying to attack

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 8:44 pm

richardbenson wrote:
oh no all dogs hate me nutbag. ive never met any that like me. its like they know i dont like them so they retaliate on me by trying to attack

You gotta stand your ground. Don't let'em intimidate you. If all else fails, use pepper spray.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 8:45 pm

yah. easy to say hard to practice, they might aswell be my worst enemy. :D

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 8:47 pm

richardbenson wrote:
recently i moved and it seems like everyone stops and askes for directions, "hey man can you tell me (insert street name here) is?" i dont answer i just shrug my shoulders and walk off, they probably think im some annoying neighborhood brat but im really not.

I think this could be perceived as rude - if you had accompanied it with something like "I'm sorry, I don't know where that is" the effect might have been softened a bit.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 8:57 pm

i guess i am a little ruff around the eges when it comes to stuff like that i just cant be botherd thats all when im out walking. i suppose i should wear a sign that says, mute deaf and practically blind, so please dont talk to me :D

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 9:05 pm

I am practically blind without corrective lenses. If I lived 2000 years ago, since they didn't have glasses back then, I guess I would have had to be a poet, like Homer, or teller of oral histories. Occasionally I'll walk around campus without any glasses or contacts on. It's like I'm in my own Monet painting. Even if I'm looking straight at you, I might not see you make eye contact becaue your face is just a blur.

richardbenson, I'm so bad at giving directions that as of recently my standard reply is, unless it is somewhere totally obvious, "I don't know." (Even if I could get into my car and drive there on the spot if I wanted.)

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 9:20 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i guess i am a little ruff around the eges when it comes to stuff like that i just cant be botherd thats all when im out walking. i suppose i should wear a sign that says, mute deaf and practically blind, so please dont talk to me :D

Nah. What you do is-Scratch your head and say "Ich sprechte nein Inglish"

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Apr 2007, 10:08 pm

Sounds like something I would do.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:14 pm

You could just say your not familiar with this area.
I like your new avatar Richard its pretty :!:

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:20 pm

Yes, I would consider that to be very rude. Just simply say, "Sorry, I just moved here" and leave it at that. It's not rude and no one would be offended or upset. 8)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 10:22 pm

hyperbolic wrote:
I am practically blind without corrective lenses. If I lived 2000 years ago, since they didn't have glasses back then, I guess I would have had to be a poet, like Homer, or teller of oral histories. Occasionally I'll walk around campus without any glasses or contacts on. It's like I'm in my own Monet painting. Even if I'm looking straight at you, I might not see you make eye contact becaue your face is just a blur.

richardbenson, I'm so bad at giving directions that as of recently my standard reply is, unless it is somewhere totally obvious, "I don't know." (Even if I could get into my car and drive there on the spot if I wanted.)
yes. im pretty blind aswell, it sucks doesnt it :D
but i guess blindness is always a good excuse to not ingage in meaningless conversation

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:23 pm

hyperbolic wrote:

I've tried walking around without my classes on, but it's scary. It's unsafe, because you can't see cars. I tried to walk my dog once without my glasses on because I couldn't find them after a shower. It totally freaked me out.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Apr 2007, 10:23 pm

bizarre wrote:
I like your new avatar Richard its pretty :!:
thank you!