Does anyone else specifically like dirt devil vaccums?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 11:05 pm

Idk as a kid I always liked dirt devil commercials and what not, and wanted a dirt devil vaccum but I could never convince my mom to get one lol. As an adult I have only gotten dirt devil vaccums, last one reached the end...like it was not working good anymore but it held up pretty good for 7 years. But it was more meant for light carpets and hard floor which is what we had in our first apartment second two apartments had thicker carpets and not much hardwood so I think it also just got worn out from trying to use it more than the capacity it had. So I got a new dirt devil which can work on heavy carpets, light carpets and hardwood...as you can adjust the setting for it. It is a bit bigger and heavier than the last one though.

But yeah it seems kind of stupid I guess, but I have stuck to my childhood idea only getting dirt devil vacuums as odd as that might be. And I won't lie part of it is because devil is in the name *insert Beavis and Butthead laugh*. So yeah just wanted to see if anyone else specifically likes that brand of vacuum or if you have an affinity for a different brand.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 11:35 pm

I have a red Dirt Devil in the closet. After a couple of years it started blowing hot dusty air out of it, like it was venting the suction or something. It worked average well at best. Nothing special. I can never find the attachment parts for the hose so I had to buy more on Amazon. It's a cannister type and it's totally disgusting to stick my hand in there to clean it out especially with all the pets I have, and the pet hair. Cleaning or changing the filter was gross too because you have to reach in the dirty cannister.

My brother bought a Shark for my mum and it was too heavy for her so she gave it to me. It's actually clogged because I sucked my sleep mask up the hose and I'm just about to try to get it out somehow. Overall though I like it way better than the Dirt Devil. Mind you it's a few years newer so I'm not making a fair comparison. It has the detachable hand vac and hose vac and it's a lot easier to clean so far, but of course it's also less dirty as I've only been using it a couple of months.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 5:29 am

No I've always like Henry vacuum cleaners. I've got Hetty and I love her.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 6:14 am

I have a Bissell, they donate proceeds to animal shelters and sponsor an empty the shelter event.
https://www.bissellpetfoundation.org/pr ... shelters/#
It also works great.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 10:21 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have a red Dirt Devil in the closet. After a couple of years it started blowing hot dusty air out of it, like it was venting the suction or something. It worked average well at best. Nothing special. I can never find the attachment parts for the hose so I had to buy more on Amazon. It's a cannister type and it's totally disgusting to stick my hand in there to clean it out especially with all the pets I have, and the pet hair. Cleaning or changing the filter was gross too because you have to reach in the dirty cannister.

My brother bought a Shark for my mum and it was too heavy for her so she gave it to me. It's actually clogged because I sucked my sleep mask up the hose and I'm just about to try to get it out somehow. Overall though I like it way better than the Dirt Devil. Mind you it's a few years newer so I'm not making a fair comparison. It has the detachable hand vac and hose vac and it's a lot easier to clean so far, but of course it's also less dirty as I've only been using it a couple of months.

Hmm I guess cleaning the filter can be kind of a hassle and gross, but I don't really mind. But yeah for sure it won't work well if the filter is clogged with dust. That said I thought the Shark ones were also canister style so I figured you'd have to clean the filter on those to or is that not the case?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 12:37 pm

The Shark is also cannister style but somehow it's not as nasty. It's a wider space with a smaller filter thingy, meaning I don't actually have to stick my hand in there very often. I'm able to just shake it upside down and most of the stuff comes out.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 12:38 pm

Henrys are crazy expensive here.
Don't forget the 13% tax.

I just checked USA and of course it's $300 cheaper. :roll: :|

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 12:57 pm

Wow I think I only paid £85 for mine but it was over 10 years ago