Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 1:12 pm

Any good guides to taking care of a bullfrog?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 1:26 pm

hmmm...you should try google :P be the best bet

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 1:42 pm

Kilroy wrote:
hmmm...you should try google :P be the best bet
Google sucks,all search engines suck.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 2:06 pm

Bull frogs are easy, sort of. Give them plenty of CLEAN, chlorine free water. Keep the water quality good with a cheap filter, and an in tank one should wok best. DO NOT put in tank decorations from outside!! ! They often contain many poisons and heavy metals that will kill the frog. The tank size should be small, no more than 40 gallons, but no less than 20. I had a few Bullfrog deaths due to a large cage giving them enough space to jump and get to deadly speeds. Food-wise, you'll need at least 100 crickets a week, and that is underfeeding them! Oh, and the filter should be a combination filter that has a built-in heater. Set the temperature of the water to 72 degrees, and leave it there. Too hot, and it'll speed up the frog's metabolism, too cold, he could die.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 2:34 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Bull frogs are easy, sort of. Give them plenty of CLEAN, chlorine free water. Keep the water quality good with a cheap filter, and an in tank one should wok best. DO NOT put in tank decorations from outside!! ! They often contain many poisons and heavy metals that will kill the frog. The tank size should be small, no more than 40 gallons, but no less than 20. I had a few Bullfrog deaths due to a large cage giving them enough space to jump and get to deadly speeds. Food-wise, you'll need at least 100 crickets a week, and that is underfeeding them! Oh, and the filter should be a combination filter that has a built-in heater. Set the temperature of the water to 72 degrees, and leave it there. Too hot, and it'll speed up the frog's metabolism, too cold, he could die.

I only have two 10 gallon tanks,and if 100 crickets a week is true for a fully-grown bullfrog,then i'll need to breed them,and also get some flys.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 2:39 pm

Btw anyone know where a can get leopard frog tadpoles,since i only know of a pond that has bullfrogs.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 2:49 pm

The ten gallon will be fine for a tadpole. Just upgrade it later when it becomes an adult.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 2:53 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
The ten gallon will be fine for a tadpole. Just upgrade it later when it becomes an adult.
What do i need to have TWO or maybe even three bullfrog? Tank size i mean.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 3:32 pm

Unknown wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:

Same size tank, but you have to careful, because the are cannibalistic.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 5:01 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Unknown wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:

Same size tank, but you have to careful, because the are cannibalistic.
I can't build a pond since the dogs will eat the frogs and the backyard has limited space,so i'll get some tadpoles this weekend and put them in one of the 10 gallons and when they begin to transform i'll save up for a 30 gallon tank.

But know of any good websites with advice for building a pond just in case?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 5:04 pm

google it...you'll get great results

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 5:08 pm

Kilroy wrote:
google it...you'll get great results
Prove it.