can asperger people play guitar cords whatever they call ???

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jul 2016, 9:38 pm

can you say me it ?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

bl44d3lf wrote:
can you say me it ?

How old are you and if you don't mind me asking? Your post history is interesting, your posts don't fit the norm which could be pretty cool if your not a troll. To answer your question, you can play guitar and have autism but its not easy and you have to stick with it.

I can play a few songs.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 10:59 pm

You know I have a lot of patience with people that don't know how to communicate because I understand autism pretty well. I deal with a lot of stuff and I am surprisingly semi functional when in reality I probably shouldn't be. There are rules to communication in case you don't know and I am not being mean or anything. Just saying there are rules, PMing people who replied to you the same exact thing you posted would be an example of poor social skills. I am not angry but I feel you should know that, lets try this again.

How old are you?

Do you have an interest in playing the guitar?

Do you live with your family?

Do you have a guitar?

One word answers are fine and if you nervous you can PM me the answers. I won't bite I promise.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jul 2016, 11:30 pm

dcj123 wrote:
You know I have a lot of patience with people that don't know how to communicate because I understand autism pretty well. I deal with a lot of stuff and I am surprisingly semi functional when in reality I probably shouldn't be. There are rules to communication in case you don't know and I am not being mean or anything. Just saying there are rules, PMing people who replied to you the same exact thing you posted would be an example of poor social skills. I am not angry but I feel you should know that, lets try this again.

How old are you?

Do you have an interest in playing the guitar?

Do you live with your family?

Do you have a guitar?

One word answers are fine and if you nervous you can PM me the answers. I won't bite I promise.

1. 25
2. yes
3.yes
4.yes

now tell me do you play real cords.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 11:59 pm

Cool!

See that wasn't hard,

bl44d3lf wrote:

Yes I can play songs with the G, C, C major, E minor, and A minor chords. I can play Simple Man from Lynyrd Skynyrd and Whom Shall I Fear from Chris Tomlin.

The thing to practice with chords is switching between them and don't worry if you slow at first.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:50 am

bl44d3lf wrote:

It's simple, you learn the chords by watching youtube videos, or take a guitar class. Then you play them.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 10:21 am

^For some folks, playing guitar chords is not as simple as 'watching a video' and/or 'taking a class and then playing them'. The way a person's brain is wired, can make it, somewhat difficult, in some respects. Some may not possess the physical dexterity, hand-eye coordination, or other abilities. I learned to play guitar with ease, but, I cannot work out math problems for the life of me. My brain struggles, simply to retain numbers in my head, even, for merely seconds at a time. Learning to play classical and Flamenco guitar when I was quite young, came naturally to me, however.

Guitar chord books and sheet music can be quite helpful. Some people find that playing single notes on a guitar, is much easier than forming chords and will find it offers the same level of enjoyment.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 11:08 am

Britte wrote:
^For some folks, playing guitar chords is not as simple as 'watching a video' and/or 'taking a class and then playing them'.

Some can, some cannot. It's not an Autism thing. The question the OP asked is moot.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 7:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that anyone with ten figures and control over them can play guitar chords if they take lessons or watch a tutorial. I've never been interested in the guitar, but my son and my daughter's fiance both play. They learned from other guys who play and they watched YouTube tutorials neither reads music but they use something called tabs that show you where to put your fingers. Try googling power chords and playing that music first. It's mostly 80s hair band crap but it will sound more like music than what you learn going by traditional lesson plans. Or start off with learning "Smoke on the Water" I hear that's a very easy one. My daughter's boyfriend is learning the banjo now and it's apparently much harder. It's just picking.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 7:19 pm

Me..AS
Play..YES

Not as well now that I don;t practice and my fingers are soft now.
My problem was not as much coordination as small hands have trouble spanning complex chords. With piano too.

I still play Violin, Viola, Cello, Accordion, Squeeze box, Harp, and Ocarina, Harmonica, Recorder and percussion still with reasonable proficiency after warm up for a week or two

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 7:45 pm

I can form chords for the most part, and even name some of them. :dj: but if it wasn't for perfect pitch, the whole thing would be a big no-go.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 9:19 pm

I can but have trouble with
F and F minor, sharp etc
And
B """"""""""

I'm pretty proficient at harmonica and it's my go to instrument with jams and bands when I was with one.

Occasionally have played ukulele with the band on things like Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle.

One of my Uke is electric / acoustic tenor. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm

F chords are a challenge for me, as well as G chords, and transitioning between those chords, as well.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jul 2016, 12:27 am

I tried learning to play the guitar when I was in 7th & 8th grade. I even took classes for a while but the teacher kept bailing to go to concerts so I quit seeing him & quit playing soon after. I have bad fine motor-skills & kept getting the chords confused because of my dyslexia.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 12:29 am

nick007 wrote:
I tried learning to play the guitar when I was in 7th & 8th grade. I even took classes for a while but the teacher kept bailing to go to concerts so I quit seeing him & quit playing soon after. I have bad fine motor-skills & kept getting the chords confused because of my dyslexia.

how good is your sense of pitch?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jul 2016, 12:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:

how good is your sense of pitch?
I'm not even sure what pitch is

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition