Tarot Card and Cartomancy Randomness

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2019, 12:39 pm

A topic for all things related to fortune telling with tarot cards, cartomancy, and other forms of divination like rune stones or scrying. 8)

Has anyone who does tarot ever noticed that the four knights and the 'Death Card' resemble the Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse? The Knights of Cups & Swords ride the White Horse of Conquer, the Knight of Wands rides the Red Horse of War, the Knight of Pentacles rides the Black Horse of Faminine, and of course Death dressed in black armor rides the Pale Horse of Pestilence.

Interesting... :chin:

The past is truth shrouded in twilight.

The present is as clear as daylight.

The future is hidden in the darkness of night.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2019, 1:08 pm

https://www.tarotschool.com/Calculator.html

A cool website for figuring out one's birth cards in tarot cards. :)

My birth cards are The Emperor and Death. :king: :skull:

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2019, 4:32 pm

A card spread to ask for advice from The Empress and The Emperor. Also known as The Goddess and The God, or The Mother and The Father.

:queen: :king:

The Empress represents the feminine aspects of life. She wears a maternity gown symbolizing pregnancy and is surrounded by trees and flowers.

The Emperor represents thd masculine aspects of life. He is a warrior dressed in armor and rules over a dry and barren wasteland.

One nurtures life, the other destroys life, and together they create life.

As for my cards. I pulled The Four of Wands symbolizing my need to enjoy life, The High Priestess symbolizing by spiritual and religious questions, The World symbolizing that I've been letting all the crazy crap about Trump and the news get to me, and The Seven of Wands telling me that the best thing to do is adapt to my situation and learn to accept myself and others for what they really are.

The advice of The Empress is The King of Swords telling me to learn to control my emotions and impluses, the advice of The Emperor is the Two of Wands telling me to realize that I have a part to play in this world and not to hide from it. Extra advice is The Moon, warning me that like the moon pulls the tides of the ocean, people's grip on reality is also being pulled. So I don't need to get swept up in the tides of hysteria.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm

A card reading I did to see how Donald Trump's presidency will eventually end. :chin:

Using The Emperor to represent Trump and Death to represent the end of his term in office.

First card is The Devil. Trump is spreading discord and tension in this country. There is no denying that. The man and woman (Adam and Eve) represent the Democrats and the Republicans. Trump has turned them against each other by stoking the fires of hate in his far right supporters, but both sides are being foolish and don't realize they are being chained to the devil together and are played like puppets.

Second card is the Knight of Pentacles. I believe this represents greed. The pentacle symbolizes the element of earth, and in some cards it is referred to as the "Coin". Another war over resources is in the making, and the earth is being destroyed and sucked dry as the Knight of Coins turns into the Knight of Death. Also like The Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the black horse represents Famine. Some say the Black Horse is connected to Capitalism while the White Horse of Conquest represents The Catholic Church, the Red Horse of War is connected to Communism, and the Pale Horse of Pestilence rode by Death could represent the rise of Terrorism. I believe we are in for another bad recession rivaling that of The Great Depression and another war in the Middle East (Iran?)...

Third Card is the 6 of Swords. A man is paddling a boat with two passengers; a woman wrapped in cloth and a small child. They look like they are fleeing to some islands. I believe that Trump will create such a big mess that he will attempt to flee the country with his wife Melania and son Barron. Either after his term is up or during his term in office. He will either attempt to escape criminal charges brought against him or escape some sort of violent revolt. Just like Mussollini attemped to flee Italy during World War 2 with his mistress Claretta or Marie Antoinette and her husband Louis XVI did during the French Revolution. It could also be symbolic of Charon the Ferryman who gave the souls of the dead a ride to the underworld in Greek Mythology.

That is all. :skull:

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 8:37 am

A card spread I did for both President Trump and Prime Minister Borris.

I used the King of Wands to equal Trump, and the King of Pentacles to equal Borris.

6 of Cups. A boy is handing a girl a cup of flowers (they could also be dwarves/gnomes). A man with a spear in the background guards the boy and girl. There is a shield carving. Symbolizing protection of the innocent and vulnerable (maybe it represents us Aspies? :chin: ).

7 of Pentacles. A disgruntled farmer is tending a bush with his hoe. I believe this represents the American farmers effected by Trump's tariff wars.

8 of Swords. A woman is being bound and blindfolded like she's being punished. Perhaps the new laws trying to strip away the rights of women? Women right now feel as if they are being oppressed by the system.

Justice. This represents the legal system, for both the US and UK.

What Trump aka The King of Clubs has to say: 10 of Wands. A blonde man with a bunch of sticks gathered in his hands. Preparing to build a wall across a border to keep people out?

What Borris aka King of Pentacles has to say: The Page of Cups. A man holding a fish (fish and chips? Lol sorry... : :lol: :fish:) and wearing a blue and red outfit with water lilies. The blue and red could symbolize the flag of Britain, water lilies are flowrrs with weak roots. Maybe he won't last long as prime minister?

Additional Answers: 8 of Pentacles. A man with a hammer and chisel working on round pentacles. This could represent the working class in both the US and the UK.

That's what my cards say. :)

Edit: Actually, I believe the weak roots of the water lilies refers to brexit...

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 10:03 am

My personal anaylsis of The Court Cards (Kings, Queens, and Jacks).

The Kings all weild weapons symbolizing masculinity. But the King of Hearts hides his sword behind his head. He is a kindly and compassionate man who reserves his strength and only weilds it when he has to.

The Queens all hold flowers symbolizing femininity. But the Queen of Spades is the only woman to hold a weapon in addition to a flower. She embodies both masculine and feminine traits. She can be a dangerous woman who will destroy her foes. She could also be a very physical woman, like a tomboy.

The Jacks reperesent youth (boys and girls) and all hold weapons, but the Jack of Hearts is the only man in the cards to hold both a flower and a weapon. If it represents a young boy I believe he is effeminate plus a thoughtful and sensitive soul. Basically a younger version of the King of Hearts.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 10:29 am

https://www.biddytarot.com/celebrity-tarot-birth-cards/

Apparently Abraham Lincoln and Adolf Hitler were both Temperance and The Hierophant in the Tarot Birth Cards.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 4:48 pm

Melania Trump's birth cards are Judgement and The High Priestess.

https://www.tarotschool.com/Judgement_Priestess.html

Her secrecy as a private person sounds right.

Lely
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2019, 5:42 am

I never read for strangers such as Trump. I only ask questions about something in my life, pull the cards and then write down in a journal. Then later I come back and look at how well it applied or where I misread a card. Because I am socio-emotionally underdeveloped I wouldn't trust myself that I could read for someone else because I would have to feel which aspects of a card or archetype are meaningful to another person. I would have to know the person well. I think it is more for myself to play around with. But I would like to maybe start practicing reading for someone else just to experiment.

The birth calculator cards from your link give me Star and Strentgh. I don't have their qualities but I could need them.

But I always feel like for me my number is the 3.

I was born at 12:12 pm. 1+2 = 3 and 12 is also a multiple of 3. I was born in 1993 which has many 3s in it too. And born on a 30th.

Card III in the Major Arcana is the Empress. Applying it to my life it pertains more to many aspects of the Empress in shadow (reversed) which are lack of emotional connections, insecurity. I am lacking in all the areas her archetype stands for. Nurture, love, emotion, caring, bonding, growth, empathy, learning, giving life.

3s in Tarot are also laden with communication.
3 of coins (working with others? I fail), 3 of swords (communicating with others? I fail), 3 of cups (connecting with others through feelings? I fail), 3 of wands (prospects? NO).

The theme of my life is loneliness & disconnect.

The Moon is my favourite card, 7 of cups comes next. I don't know why. Maybe they come close to how I feel or how I would like to feel because I find their images beautiful and interesting.

I find it cool that I found such a thread here :) Do you also read Lenormand?

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2019, 5:58 am

I think I have do some traits of The Emperor and Death. I certainly get my way a lot in a passive aggressive kinda way. :lol: :P

Also strangely 13 (Death) is unlucky in Western philosophy and 4 (The Emperor) is unlucky in Eastern philosophy. I have two unlucky numbers of east and west in my birth cards! :twisted:

Death is also my favorite card. Just like the Ace of Spades in Cartomancy. The process of death is one of my somewhat morbid Aspie obsessions. :skull:

What is lenormand? :)

Lely
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2019, 6:43 am

TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
I think I have do some traits of The Emperor and Death. I certainly get my way a lot in a passive aggressive kinda way. :lol: :P

Also strangely 13 (Death) is unlucky in Western philosophy and 4 (The Emperor) is unlucky in Eastern philosophy. I have two unlucky numbers of east and west in my birth cards! :twisted:

Death is also my favorite card. Just like the Ace of Spades in Cartomancy. The process of death is one of my somewhat morbid Aspie obsessions. :skull:

Lenormand is a cartomancy deck, with 36 cards. The meanings of the cards are often more straightforward and simple (e.g. dog = friend, coffin = loss) than in the tarot. And instead of spreads you read them in tables (if you want to, but you can use them in any way it suits you, just as with the tarot).

Which tarot card is your least favourite?

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2019, 7:00 am

Lely wrote:

Lenormand is a cartomancy deck, with 36 cards. The meanings of the cards are often more straightforward and simple (e.g. dog = friend, coffin = loss) than in the tarot. And instead of spreads you read them in tables (if you want to, but you can use them in any way it suits you, just as with the tarot).

The only tarot I've ever used is the Rider Waite deck. :)

I also like using Cartomancy, the art of fortune telling with playing cards (I use Bicycle Cards).

These cards actually equal the Minor Arcana in Tarot. Hearts equal Cups and represent Emotions, Diamonds equal Pentacles and represent Material Wealth, Clubs equal Wands and represent Powers of the Mind, and Spades equal Swords and represent Obstacles.

Also you have your Kings, Queens, and Jacks (equivalent to both the Knights and Pages in Tarot).

The Joker Cards can also represent The Fool, but some card readers don't use them. I prefer to use the in my readings though. :jester:

Lely
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2019, 7:18 am

Lely wrote:

But which card of the RWS is your least favourite? Which card makes you uncomfortable when you see it? For example I don't like the Queen of Wands too much.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2019, 7:29 am

Lely wrote:
Lely wrote:

But which card of the RWS is your least favourite? Which card makes you uncomfortable when you see it? For example I don't like the Queen of Wands too much.

I don't like The Sun card because it shows a naked boy riding a horse. Child nudity disturbs me even when it's art. I guess because I was molested by cousin when I was a little kid. :|

Lely
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2019, 7:49 am

I don't like The Sun card because it shows a naked boy riding a horse. Child nudity disturbs me even when it's art. I guess because I was molested by cousin when I was a little kid. :|

:( that's sad, I'm sorry to hear your cousin molested you :(