Page 76 of 81 [ 1284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 81  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 2:00 am

Abolutely nuthin.... say it again... am not asleep .. and all hallows eve has ended.

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 3:05 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
grateful that i have heat on this cold halloween night.

Ironey ... heater central air keeps not cycling the burners in the heater
Unless i go give it special attention.. but it will blow cold air.
Might have it licked for the night .. cleaned contacts , resurfacing them and blowing stuff out .. am having finge.rs crossed for very cold night of all hallows . Still little snow on the ground . Yes grateful for a working heater , even if temporsrily .

you're my new home fix-it hero :hail: i wouldn't dare mess with such high voltage [90-100kw's worth, typically] stuff.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 7:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Might have it licked for the night .. cleaned contacts , resurfacing them and blowing stuff out .. am having finge.rs crossed for very cold night of all hallows . Still little snow on the ground . Yes grateful for a working heater , even if temporsrily .

you're my new home fix-it hero :hail: i wouldn't dare mess with such high voltage [90-100kw's worth, typically] stuff.

Takes a bow ,, ty ty ty.. but we know what , we know , most control circuuts are based on low voltage signals to tell higher power stuff to turn on and off.
But thank you very much .. been application and cross referenced stored info.
From dealing with other devises .. And friggin tired of getting ripped off by so called professionals , must confess refrigeration units are not in my application section of brain encyclopedia . But still acquiring info .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 8:06 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Takes a bow ,, ty ty ty.. but we know what , we know , most control circuuts are based on low voltage signals to tell higher power stuff to turn on and off.
From dealing with other devises .. And friggin tired of getting ripped off by so called professionals , must confess refrigeration units are not in my application section of brain encyclopedia . But still acquiring info .

even if absent other skills, you can still make a living being able to do what you did with your furnace.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 12:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Takes a bow ,, ty ty ty.. but we know what , we know , most control circuits are based on low voltage signals to tell higher power stuff to turn on and off.

even if absent other skills, you can still make a living being able to do what you did with your furnace.

Ty but i think might be requiring a license . Once this gas company guy opened the access door , almost immediately recognized most all the components .
From other places and time , and knew what each one did in other circuits/ me chanisms .. cannot do anything on a regular schedule.. health after my teens
Got very irratic. Accumulated skill sets are pretty extensive , being certain type of affected aspie has its benefits . Did make it most of the way through college to a associate of arts degree...health did not stabilize till after mega dose antibiotics for almost 10 years . After finding competint doctor .Then gov. banned the treatment use of high dose antibiotics for lyme disease...offered no replacement , you cannot imagine the wide range of symptoms that appeared to be cured during those years and then health slowly became same as in my late teens again. But with more knowledge. Most of my life has been spent observing cause and effect. Has not helped with social stuff sadly .

And btw thank you very much Auntblabby for your cheering me up ..
Kudos....and a hug for you. And a big :D

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 7:36 pm

Im so very very grateful for the amazing opportunities that being an FFA member has brought me. I owe this organization so much :heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 8:27 pm

I am greatful for my life and my new online friends. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 10:09 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
thinks future farmers of america is great also.
Hooray for New Online Friends .

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:01 am

(0 new messages)

Simples

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:58 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

A hugg for you.. you Ole Goat . Offered with a hidden smile .

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 7:52 am

Thank you Jakki. You're a gem.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 2:30 am

Velcro

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 5:03 am

Well I guess lyft...just used it myself the first time. First time I used it was for my dad because he came into town and had to head to my brothers after he came here. It was dark out and cold so I figured I'd rather get him a lyft than having him take the bus I live like way across town from my brother and it was very cold out so I just got him a lyft instead. He's homeless and has just been staying with family members in california and is headed out to minnesota so yeah wasn't going to make him pay for the lyft. Just sucks because I see other homeless people and I have nothing to help them with...I mean my dads homeless and I loan him money sometimes he usually pays back but I don't really care like if I give him money and he can't get it back to me I really don't care, but then of course if I am helping my dad and trying to pay bills and crap I don't have anymore money to give to random homeless people as much as I want to sometimes. Like I literally saw a mom and her little girl out on the streets and I really have nothing to give them because currently I am trying to help my homeless dad, gave him a bit of money so he's got something when he gets out to minnesota. I am one step above that poor homeless lady and her child so it hurts to see that but I only have so much myself that I am already using part of to help my dad.

Not really sure the point of this post...I mean I guess I am grateful I at least have enough money I can help my dad out a little I mean there is just so little I can do for him in his situation but he doesn't ask for much and he always tries to help people I mean he is a good genuine person and I think his situation is unfair like I just don't see why someone who cares about their customers and always did their best work gets in such a horrible situation. I mean I am sure the divorce between him and my mom did not help things, but even so he put so much work in and supposedly in the capitalist way that is supposed to help you get to the top. Yet somehow he put in so much work and got nothing...my grandpa on my moms side also worked a long time and guess what he gets, a small sized nursing home with multiple residents(my mom thinks its a nice place) I however suspect my grandpa may not prefer to be around that many people so I am not sure how nice it is for him...I mean it seems like he has always enjoyed having some solitude and not sure he gets that at the new place. And now my dad thinks my mom refused to get him pot edibles...but she was talking to me about it and expressed that she wasn't sure how to go about it...like she didn't just say no to it, she's just uncomfortable about getting it for him. but somehow my dad has gotten the idea she just flat out refused which to my knowledge is not true.

Like if I knew she was still having a hard time with that I would have just had her give me like 20 bucks to go get him a weed candy bar. I mean I don't think she refused I think she was just worried about getting in trouble for it or something...I did tell her if she got something for him she shouldn't mention its for someone else so IDK maybe that freaked her out. But either way I'd certainly get a marijuana chocolate bar for my grandpa if she is unable to do it. But now my dad which doesn't really matter i guess since they are divorced and don't talk...thinks she just refused it which he thinks is messed up but she did't flat out refuse she just wasn't sure how she could get that for him according to her last time I talked to her. She was asking me about it and so IDK I guess I have to tell my dad he's got kinda the wrong idea about that whole thing.

Like basically she wanted to get it for him but she was not sure how to go about it....I said I could just get one for her to give to him but then she never like specifically asked for me to get one so I didn't and now my dad thinks she is just refusing my poor old grandpa the pot edibles he wanted. When really she is just nervous about it and is uncomfortable with the idea of going into a pot store. I mean its a policy thing that you cannot buy weed for someone else...but they already know half the people going in are likely to share their marijuana with people who did not come into the store. And its legal in this state so like there isn't really a way to get in trouble for giving another adult 21 or older some weed unless you explicitly state in a dispensary that you are buying weed for another person aside from yourself and even then the penalty is just the employees of that store may have to ask you to leave and then you could probably just hit up another dispensary...so long as you don't again mention the part about it being for someone else. But it is literally just a policy thing to satisfy the feds, you just have to say its for you and you're good. I think my mom took that to mean it was actually some kind of terrible offence is she got my grandpa weed but its not.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 6:58 am

EzraS wrote:
Velcro

Yaaaaaaaah.... VELCRO....... crackle snap popping sounds all in one
Piece of material ... And You control mostly when it does that .

See, look Ma , no buttons

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 3:04 pm

I'm grateful for having people working with me to help me succeed at finding long-term, sustainable employment.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 9:37 pm

The furnace guy returned .. think he got it right this time .
He is male .. and you must , shut up around males fixing things . Watch him replace furnace brain .. no fixed .. he is confounded .. i give up.. cannot help it , he has worked so hard and made so many positive things come out of his mouth , while been so scared of freezing here. So patient with me,.
So i tell him what i did that kept making the thing cycle on and off correctly. But not consistently working .. Watch him have a AH HAA moment .. and he says . Oh yes that came in the kit the new heater brain control was with.. And he takes out a brand new relay control valve.. one , i had been
Searching for all previous day , from parts suppliers, on the phone . He installs .. been working 5 hours straight a record better than for past 4 days now, of on again, off again . Manual operation . Hope had illuded me today , was soo sad all day..hospital visit . Fill prescription. Home .. Furnance man came back.. and gave me experience for above story . .. he did not give me total yet..
If he comes in below 1200 usd , will be amazed. But am warm.. yaaaayzzzzzz !
High hopes for fixed heater. Have arranged to max out a credit card for this.just in case. :?