Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 6:32 pm

Howdy! It's me, Miss NT! I was just talking about in another thread how I have the perfect hermit setup by having everything (including groceries) delivered to my home by Amazon, Hyvee and QVC all the while being a Jammie Queen. I even do all my schoolwork in my jammies and pay my bills in my jammies! . I do have to go to work my 2 days a week, but come Monday morning it's Hello Jammies! Is anyone else here a hermit like me and love being a jammie king or queen? :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Crusher
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2016, 6:45 pm

Just the other day I was reflecting with gratitude toward my 6$ sweatpants that have served me well for several years of Jammie Queening. Work from home, school from home is great...until I can find someone to employ me as their lawn hermit. Though they probably would want me to dress more picturesquely than black sweats & a tee.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm

Crusher wrote:
until I can find someone to employ me as their lawn hermit

I keep looking for lawn hermit openings on Craigslist, but the only ones I ever see are for people with at least five years of experience and a current hermit license. How's a person supposed to break into a field like that?

There Are Four Lights!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 9:01 pm

Crusher wrote:
Just the other day I was reflecting with gratitude toward my 6$ sweatpants that have served me well for several years of Jammie Queening. Work from home, school from home is great...until I can find someone to employ me as their lawn hermit. Though they probably would want me to dress more picturesquely than black sweats & a tee.

That's great! Good for you, Miss C!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 9:03 pm

Darmok wrote:
Crusher wrote:
until I can find someone to employ me as their lawn hermit

I keep looking for lawn hermit openings on Craigslist, but the only ones I ever see are for people with at least five years of experience and a current hermit license. How's a person supposed to break into a field like that?

What is a lawn hermit? I may have to change my major - after mattress tester, of course! :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

Crusher
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2016, 10:10 pm

Darmok wrote:

:D

Nurse A, lawn hermits are like professional Jammie Royalty who, once upon a time, were housed in quaint huts on rich country folks' property. Often involving wearing a robe, neither bathing nor shaving for years, and looking morbid whilst staring at a skull and an hourglass.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 10:18 pm

Crusher wrote:
Darmok wrote:

:D

Nurse A, lawn hermits are like professional Jammie Royalty who, once upon a time, were housed in quaint huts on rich country folks' property. Often involving wearing a robe, neither bathing nor shaving for years, and looking morbid whilst staring at a skull and an hourglass.

That kinda sounds like the job the grave yard watchers had who stayed up listening for any bells being pulled by people who were buried alive.

Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:25 am

I did this as much as possible in my room during summer break. My mom would bring up meals for me. You have a great set up nurseangela, I hope I can copy it in a few years.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:55 am

Pretty close.

I still have to go to the chemist and doctors (every 6 months), and the occasional stock up on supplies from the nearest corner store 20 minutes away (I do get the main groceries delivered). I suppose I could get the doctor to come here, but I tend to do the chemist and doctor trip in one go, so it works out (doctor = scripts for drugs; chemist = picking said drugs up).

Everything else I get delivered.

I wave to neighbors if I see them driving on the main road, though! I don't want them to think I'm crazy or something (it doesn't matter if I am or not, it's what they think that's the important thing :P).

Pretty interesting that lots of people do this now and not just your people with an ASD, OCD or Schizoid PD (or whatever).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 1:43 pm

It can get boring after a while being a hermit....unless you have a house near the sea.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 4:23 am

What difference does living by the sea make?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 5:29 am

I enjoy just watching the sea.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 5:06 am

Ah me too. And most fortunately I do live by the sea. I'm happiest at the beach (that's nearly empty and it's overcast) and walking in the woods.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 12:48 pm

I aspire to be one some day, but I'll have to work really hard for it. Well, unless your concept of a hermit precludes having a partner or children—then, I'm not interested, even though it's clearly the way I'm most likely to end up—if I don't die first, that is.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 12:57 pm

I'm planning on getting a degree that I can use to work from home. Perhaps web design or graphic design. I can stay home with my dogs and cats all day and that will be awesome :)

I love Amazon Prime! I get nearly everything delivered to me, except food. My mail carrier probably hates me, I get packages nearly every day :lol:

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 1:23 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Howdy! It's me, Miss NT! I was just talking about in another thread how I have the perfect hermit setup by having everything (including groceries) delivered to my home by Amazon, Hyvee and QVC all the while being a Jammie Queen. I even do all my schoolwork in my jammies and pay my bills in my jammies! . I do have to go to work my 2 days a week, but come Monday morning it's Hello Jammies! Is anyone else here a hermit like me and love being a jammie king or queen? :mrgreen:

I do but not these days