Escalator "no wheelchairs" warning.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2019, 7:23 pm

An escalator at the local mall has a warning sign that includes "no wheelchairs". Apparently someone tried to use the escalator in a wheelchair.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 7:03 am

That's a standard sign that you see on escalators ...I guess so that the mall can avoid lawsuits from folks who claimed that they weren't warned.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:23 am

Check out a typical electric blow-dryer. The warning label may tell the user to not operate the dryer in the shower or tub. I wonder how many electrocutions occur each year because people failed to heed that warning.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

27 Oct 2019, 10:28 am

There must be some thick people around because on a packet of peanuts there are now allergy warnings that they have been prepared where there maybe traces of nut.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

27 Oct 2019, 10:32 am

"What's wrong with people?" said the lady as she cycled down the esculator.... :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:40 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
"What's wrong with people?" said the lady as she cycled down the esculator...
After which, she likely contacted her lawyer to sue someone for not posting a guard who would have protected her from her own stupidity.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 10:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
"What's wrong with people?" said the lady as she cycled down the esculator...
After which, she likely contacted her lawyer to sue someone for not posting a guard who would have protected her from her own stupidity.

Haha! Yes! Or sued the descendants of the inventor of the esculator....

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 7:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Check out a typical electric blow-dryer. The warning label may tell the user to not operate the dryer in the shower or tub. I wonder how many electrocutions occur each year because people failed to heed that warning.

Why would anyone use a blow dryer while in the shower? That is when they are getting their hair wet.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 7:05 pm

NewTime wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Why would anyone use a blow dryer while in the shower? That is when they are getting their hair wet.

Yes. I was thinking that.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 10:13 am

Amurricans need warnings for everything so they don't end up suing for doing something stupid because they were not warned, like an ADULT-sized Superman costume that came with a warning saying you won't be able to fly like Superman when you wear it, or a jar of peanut butter with the warning that it contains peanuts.