Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SocialParadox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2007, 8:31 am

Ok, this is REALLY stupid. I just took my pill (plaxil 20 mg) and now I'm obsessing that maybe I had already taken it

5/10 minutes ago. Short term memory problems, as usual. Will I have adverse effect in case I took 2 ?

Bridge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2007, 8:40 am

i dunno but i would'nt take another just i case, maybe take one later tonight?

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:42 am

I'm always forgetting about whether I've taken my meds (actually, thanks for reminding me- I'll go do it now). When I'm really not sure, I don't take them. I haven't had any problems from skipping them for one day, so I figure it's better to do that than to take double the dosage. I doubt you'll have any bad effects, but I prefer missing a day to a double dose. My therapist suggested a weekly pill organizer, because then you can see whether or not you've take the pill out of its place for that day.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:44 am

SocialParadox wrote:
Ok, this is REALLY stupid. I just took my pill (plaxil 20 mg) and now I'm obsessing that maybe I had already taken it

5/10 minutes ago. Short term memory problems, as usual. Will I have adverse effect in case I took 2 ?

(Edit Changing my answer) Scratching my head, shrugging shoulders. . ."I don't know"

Last edited by whiteskunk on 10 May 2007, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 May 2007, 8:45 am

Not likely you will have any problems. When I upped my dose of paxil (took it a few years) from 20 to 40 mg it had a stimulant effect and I got more work done. It could also make some people sleepy with a higher dose to.

SocialParadox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2007, 8:51 am

LostInSpace wrote:
My therapist suggested a weekly pill organizer, because then you can see whether or not you've take the pill out of its place for that day.

That's a good idea ! :wink:

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:51 am

well if you dont know, best just take one and wash in down with a gin+tonic

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:57 am

I doubt it would matter too much if you took twice the normal dose...with a lot of medication you have to take an insane amount to suffer an adverse reaction.

Ring the chemist if you're worried....

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 9:49 am

SocialParadox wrote:
LostInSpace wrote:
My therapist suggested a weekly pill organizer, because then you can see whether or not you've take the pill out of its place for that day.

That's a good idea ! :wink:

That what I have. It works great. My doctor says its probebly not a good idea to double up on the dosage. But I don't think it'll kill you if you did :)

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 10:31 am

I do this all the time. I really need to remember to get a pill organizer.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 10:33 am

My mum gets mine out for me in the morning, I'd always forget or take too many otherwise.

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2007, 11:30 am

I was just obsessing about this myself. I can't remember if I took my pill last night before bed. My wife usually reminds me but she wasn't feeling too good and was asleep when I went to bed.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 11:54 am

Sopho wrote:
My mum gets mine out for me in the morning, I'd always forget or take too many otherwise.

My mum gives me my pills in the morning before she goes to work. I take them while I'm still half asleep, so I can never remember her giving them to me.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:01 pm

ChrissandraChrissamba wrote:
Sopho wrote:

My mum gives me my pills in the morning before she goes to work. I take them while I'm still half asleep, so I can never remember her giving them to me.

I sometimes do that.