Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2016, 12:06 am

It hurts me both physically and mentally, I try to avoid it

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 12:08 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who avoids it.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 12:22 am

I haven't had alcohol yet. Next year. But just the smell of it makes me sick, so my first alcoholic drink will probably be a wine cooler. I don't like mind-altering things in general. Laughing gas is a necessity for dental work, but anti-anxiety meds and stuff like that make me feel like my hard drive has been wiped.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 8:10 am

No, it doesn't, and I like a glass of wine along with an appropriate dinner.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Oct 2016, 5:05 pm

It makes me a little tired & it sometimes makes my head & neck feel hot & sweaty like a flushing sensation. I like it sometimes for when I'm relaxing or in a social situation where it's available. I only drink beer thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 5:07 pm

Even though I have epilepsy, my uncle {whenever he visits} always tries to get me to drink alcohol. :evil:

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 5:47 pm

I go through stretches where even a few drinks give me a hangover for almost a week. Doesnt stop me unfortunatley. :roll:

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:43 pm

It sometimes gives me heartburn and sore muscles while drinking it. I still like to drink sometimes, but also try to drink water with it.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Even though I have epilepsy, my uncle {whenever he visits} always tries to get me to drink alcohol. :evil:

That sounds dangerous. I have an uncle that's similar because sometimes when I visit him and my aunt he gives me a glass of wine without asking if I want any. I remember one time I kept drinking and he kept refilling my glass and I ended up getting drunk at their house, lol.

Last edited by slw1990 on 23 Oct 2016, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 10:12 pm

I realize it is a personal preference but I don't use any mind-altering drugs (alcohol or other). I came of age in the late 60s and early 70s and my friends and I never used any type of substances in moderation. I saw many of my family members and friends "crash and burn" as they still partied the same way they did in their formative years as they got older so for that reason I decided not to drink or smoke anymore. Plus with the added knowledge of having HFA, I feel I've got enough on my plate already.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:28 am

I'm an alcoholic living with an enabler. I'm at the point I could go without except it's always in the house.

I'm functioning enough during the day, but don't just have a single drink anymore at night. It's hard for me because sampling has something we've enjoyed as a couple, so it makes it hard for me to set a definitive "no" towards it. I think I will be there very soon, but wrestling with myself is exhausting. :(

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 4:17 am

No, alcohol doesn't hurt me.

I'm intrigued by this phenomenon, though.

rsimmons
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2016, 4:21 am

Never :twisted:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:52 am

You mean beverages?
I can bear the stench. But with a single sip, it BURNS!! !

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 2:53 pm

can't tolerate the burn, it gives me an upset stomach even in trace amounts, much to my frustration as there have been many times I wanted to drown my sorrows with the stuff, to just get blotto and not care. I am an outlier in my family except for my late mother, who also could not tolerate the stuff in any major amount.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 3:12 pm

slw1990 wrote:
It sometimes gives me heartburn and sore muscles while drinking it. I still like to drink sometimes, but also try to drink water with it.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

That sounds dangerous. I have an uncle that's similar because sometimes when I visit him and my aunt he gives me a glass of wine without asking if I want any. I remember one time I kept drinking and he kept refilling my glass and I ended up getting drunk at their house, lol.

My uncle takes pride in being an alcoholic, so there's that. :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 10:26 pm

Unless I drink it regularly, it gives me a killer headache within a few hours of drinking, so I either have to remind myself to have a cocktail or two every day to keep myself acclimated, or be resigned to the pain when I drink out of the blue. Wine seems to hurt me the most, and hard alcohol the least, so I mostly stick to cocktails and shots, especially the latter with the industry I work in.