Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:09 am

Anyone here fascinated with freeways?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:17 am

Oh my god finally someone else with the same interest. I always been fascinated with them too. I just love them. Looking at business signs. Signs on the road. And all the businesses off of it. I find a fascination with them that no one else does. Other people probably think that's weird that I think about it and find a interest in it.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

I love the way they are organized, with odd numbers for north-south routes and even for east-west, at least in the US. I can only tell which direction I'm facing if I know where the nearest freeway is relative to my location.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 2:26 am

Redxk wrote:
I love the way they are organized, with odd numbers for north-south routes and even for east-west, at least in the US. I can only tell which direction I'm facing if I know where the nearest freeway is relative to my location.

If you can't afford a GPS thing, you oughtta spend 89 cents for one of those dashboard compasses. I have never gotten around to unpacking my GPS unit because 90 percent of the time all I need to know in order to navigate is what compass direction I am going- which that low tech cheap compass I already have tells me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 3:50 am

There are a bunch of youtubers out there that film freeways and post them. My favorite is FreewayJim. He has an encyclopedic knowledge freeways and music and is a great video editor. While I am not fascinated by freeways, I find these videos very relaxing and stress reducing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

We don't have freeways in Canada, we only have highways.
My mom's GPS measures distance in kilometers, but it refers to highways as freeways. Strange.