Page 56 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 282  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 1:26 pm

I discovered a *new* hydroponic gardening shop less than ten minutes from my house! Which is great, because I was going to drive an hour one way to find one in the next state over. Why? Because I need a miticide for my dwarf Alberta Spruce, and for some reason only hydroponic shops seem to carry the enzymatic miticide I want.

So instead of a two hour plus round trip, I had a twenty minute one. AND I have a new place to play - they have all kinds of neat stuff.

(Yes, yes, I know what many hydroponic gardeners grow. I'm perfectly OK with that, more power to 'em, they work their butts off, those guys. And these guys seemed to be perfectly OK with me. It's all good.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Jul 2018, 1:41 pm

Yesterday I got frustrated with a my girlfriend due to her changing plans again. She had been saying all week how we'd go shopping but when we were supposed to go kept changing & getting put off which annoyed me cuz I hated plans changing all the time. She sensed I was angry & she got upset cuz she was feeling bad. I apologized & she felt better after abit. I ended up going to RiteAid to get a few things that I needed since she decided not to go shopping that day & she's spending the weekend with her parents so she wouldn't come back with things till Tuesday. I had to carry some heavy things back. I was supposed to wash dishes yesterday but I put that off cuz I was kind of worn out for a while & then went to bed. There were things that needed to happen this morning before she left to go to her parents so i didn't get a chance to wash em yet. I really should go for a walk today cuz the weather is nice so I guess I'll be washing dishes tonight.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 2:57 pm

I went shopping.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2018, 9:13 pm

I went on my weekly grocery-getting mission and returned to base in one piece.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 10:40 pm

Going grocery shopping again on my own and avoiding getting yelled at by my mom.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 10:41 pm

occupied space just as efficiently as I did yesterday and the day before.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 1:21 pm

I just accidentally flooded my refrigerator and about half my kitchen with milk! :mrgreen: I thought about bringing my two cats over to drink it, but I read that most adult cats are lactose intolerant. So I had to clean the whole mess myself. :(

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 2:34 pm

Watched my fav kdrama and cooked some pasta.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 11:39 am

I made a vet appointment for the cat for tomorrow. I think he may have swallowed a foxtail while grooming his fur. He won’t eat dry food or treats & seems to feel pain when attempting to yawn. He’s lost weight. Luckily he was kind of fat to begin with (14lb) & will still eat the tuna salad I make him. :heart: He’s only twelve years old. Practically still a baby. :(

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 1:24 pm

I held a sharp, serrated knife for two seconds without cutting myself. Granted, my mom was right there, and another moment and I would have done it anyway, but still, with my self-harm urges being as bad as they are, that is a huge accomplishment for me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 2:07 pm

I awoke and got outtta bed.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 2:30 pm

Broke my vacuum cleaner!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 2:46 pm

^^^drat! how did that happen?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 2:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Yes, i am that good at cleaning :)
Well actually only the head part broke, i was trying to clean under the sofa and the head piece got stuck somewhere. Since it's plastic and pretty cheap i can probably get a new piece so it's fine. Doesn't change the fact that i'm very clumsy though!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 3:03 pm

AprilR wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes, i am that good at cleaning :)
Well actually only the head part broke, i was trying to clean under the sofa and the head piece got stuck somewhere. Since it's plastic and pretty cheap i can probably get a new piece so it's fine. Doesn't change the fact that i'm very clumsy though!

yeh, everything is made of flimsy plastic nowadays so you'll buy replacements when they inevitably break. no room to slide anything under my sofa so if I ever get a wild hare to wanna clean down there i'll hafta move the sofa.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 6:13 pm

I packed up two bags of finished projects to sell at Art's Alive in three weeks time on the third Saturday of August. I'm going to pack up a couple more after supper. I'm going to make myself look really presentable that day so I sell a lot of things.