Vegan restaurant ban on cows' milk formula

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2017, 7:03 pm

Quote:
A vegan restaurant in Spain has been both praised and criticised for banning the use of infant formula derived from animals.

The first I knew about the ban was when it sparked considerable debate in the UK-based vegan Facebook groups, of which I, as a vegan, am a member

https://theconversation.com/vegan-resta ... hers-75932

The fanaticism of some vegans is hard to take.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm

Human breast milk is also derived from an 'animal'.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2017, 3:12 am

Raleigh wrote:

I vaguely recall a vegan couple being convicted for negligent homicide for this very reason, after trying to raise their infant on soy milk and vegan formula. For this specific reason.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 11:18 am

I've heard of stories of vegans murdering their own babies because they wouldn't even give them human milk. That's right, I said MURDERING. And they also murder cats by refusing to let an animal that is a natural carnivore to eat meat. That makes me furious, if they don't want to even feed meat to cats they should just get a pet rabbit.

That's not animals rights, that's animal wrongs. :(

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 7:25 pm

Vegan/animal rights extremists don't care for ANY rights.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 8:40 pm

Raleigh wrote:

Yes, but vegans believe human milk is made for human babies just as cow's milk is made for calves.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 8:41 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
Vegan/animal rights extremists are horrible people who don't care for ANY rights.

It's not one size fits all.

ilmreynir
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2017, 9:02 pm

Guys, not all vegans are animal rights activists. I've been a vegan for nearly 10 years, because I don't like the taste / texture of meat, in addition to being lactose intolerant. It wouldn't even occur to me to attempt to convert someone to my dietary regimen, haha. It bewilders me when people assume I would judge them for eating meat.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm

ilmreynir wrote:
Guys, not all vegans are animal rights activists. I've been a vegan for nearly 10 years, because I don't like the taste / texture of meat, in addition to being lactose intolerant. It wouldn't even occur to me to attempt to convert someone to my dietary regimen, haha. It bewilders me when people assume I would judge them for eating meat.

This 100%

Militant vegans even to normal vegans are a pain in the arse. They start nit picking at the stuff you do and end up trying to appear superior out of ego to other normal vegans and it's annoying behaviour.

People aren't gonna go vegan by people doing that s**t. The cool vegans however do actually just feed their cats meat but organic and don't bother other people with their dietry requirements. I went vegan for a while but I couldn't really hack the strictness of it so I just stayed vegetarian. I do eat some of the vegan food because not gonna lie it's tasty as f**k.