Vegan. 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Vegetarian. 31%  31%  [ 20 ]
Carnivore. 59%  59%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 64

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:10 pm

We need a forum on food. Anyways, I am a vegetarian although I used to be vegan. I'm going to become vegan again as soon as I get an appetite back for anything other than toast and cheese.

ATTENTION!! ! I got carnivore confused with omnivore, so if you are omnivore please choose carnivore. Consider carnivore to mean omnivore for the sake of this poll. Thank you.

Last edited by ChrissandraChrissamba on 02 Jun 2007, 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:11 pm

Why not omnivore? Technically, that is what a human is.....

On sabbatical...

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:13 pm

Quatermass wrote:

Oh yeah... :lol:

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:13 pm

I am definitely a carnivore. I like to eat meat, but not all meat. Plus, I'm not a fruit/vegetable person at all. I like all grains, all dairy, some meats, some fruit juices, very few vegetables, and some fats. I know that I have to reconsider some of my dietary habits, but I'll try to think of something.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:14 pm

ChrissandraChrissamba wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Oh yeah... :lol:

I do enjoy things other than meat, thank you very muchly. I have plenty of steamed vegetables. Love broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, peas, beans, spinach....

On sabbatical...

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:15 pm

vegetarian

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:20 pm

i am playing with the thought of becoming a vegetarian for long time. i am not very comfortable with being a part of the reason for some animals to suffer and die. to eat meat is just easier, though. but i am on the path to be a vegetarian.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:21 pm

omnivore...but i was a vegetarian for about 10 years...from age 14 to 25
Started eating fish because I was having SERIOUS problems with my short term memory and thought I was suffering from vitamin deficiencies and anemia.
I still need to find a healthy balance. I lost alot of weight when I became a vegetarian (which is a good thing, since I am kinda on the heavy side)
Now that I am an occasional meat eater..not having those restrictions on my diet has opened a serious can-o-worms and I think i do better with a restricted diet..especially as far as my weight is concerned.
I'd like to just eat fish and cut out chicken and red meat, but I sure do crave steak fajitas form time to time..i like nice chewy red meat. yum yum..
It is this point where my deficits in empathy come into play....
when i first became a vegetarian I thought I would never eat meat again...acknowledging the deplorable conditions of the factory farm industry etc etc...I was on my way to becoming a full fledged animal rights activist...I read all kinds of books..like Diet for a New America..etc...
Now, unfortunately, several year later...still knowing everything I have read...I am unable to even take it into regard anymore...what happened to me?..I do not know....

Last edited by poopylungstuffing on 02 Jun 2007, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:22 pm

I'm a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:23 pm

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
I'm a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat.

Neither do I.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:31 pm

I could never be a vegetarian because I like the taste and texture of meat too much.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 7:57 pm

As soon as I realized where meat came from I was uncomfortable. Vegetarian.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:02 pm

There's an old saying "you are what you eat". That's why I only eat vegetarians. :D

(I love meat.)

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2007, 8:52 pm

The problem is, I have a hard time committing to anything particular. I am trying to become vegetarian because eating meat just grosses me out. . . . but today I ate chicken teriyaki which I regret eating (I felt incredibly sick I don't know why I do these things to myself.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:53 pm

Omnivore. I dwelt upon the idea of becoming vegan at one point, until I came to the conclusion that even if I was only eating plants I'd still be destroying a form of life, so until I can learn to harness energy directly from the sun, I think I'm sticking to being an omnivore.

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:59 pm

TheResistance wrote:
The problem is, I have a hard time committing to anything particular. I am trying to become vegetarian because eating meat just grosses me out. . . . but today I ate chicken teriyaki which I regret eating (I felt incredibly sick I don't know why I do these things to myself.

You do these things, because your body knows better than to starve itself from precious meat. Just honour the sacrifice of the animal and give it a proper burial or something and that might allay your meat problems. I dont bury my prey, but I try and remember that it died for me.