Page 1 of 6 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,121
Location: California

19 Apr 2015, 11:21 pm

...when you're nervous or zoned out?

I was worrying about talking to my doctor, so I decided to calm down by watching youtube videos. Once I got to youtube.com, I started typing "youtube" into the youtube search bar! I was about to search for youtube on youtube, lol.


_________________
Assume nothing, question everything.
DX Central Auditory Processing Deficit


Last edited by starkid on 19 Apr 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 35,248
Location: United Kingdom

19 Apr 2015, 11:31 pm

Spending several minutes looking for my glasses, before I realized I was wearing them.

:lol:



Dreamsphere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Age: 34
Posts: 26
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

20 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

This morning i spent like 5min looking through the drawers in my kitchen for my can opener, was just about to give up then i realized it was sitting on the table in front of me the whole time...



btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,458
Location: Lost Angleles Carmen Santiago

20 Apr 2015, 1:20 am

My life is a series of stupid things I do, but sometimes, I do smart things too.


_________________
Drain and plane and grain and blain your brain, and then again,
Propane and butane out of the gas main, your blain shall sustain!


Booyakasha
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,873

20 Apr 2015, 3:36 am

DeepHour wrote:
Spending several minutes looking for my glasses, before I realized I was wearing them.

:lol:


I do that too :lol:


_________________
Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit.


BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2013
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,590
Location: If not here, then where?

20 Apr 2015, 5:03 am

If I'm stuck in a social situation or a conversation while getting social burnout, and not feeling relaxed, I will start to not be able to make the connections between what someone says in regard to what either of us have just been talking about.

For example, we might be talking about the weather and they will say it's a nice day, but I'll say it feels a bit chilly for me, then they might say something else, then come back to the weather and say "So was yesterday more like warmer for you?"

And I will completely blank and think it's a non-sequitur, and wonder why they're asking me that -- even though it was not long ago that we were discussing weather and temperature. I do this all the time when not entirely relaxed -- fail to put together connections in the conversation. I even do it for movies too -- fail to understand why something is being said or is happening in relation to what we've already been shown or told as a reason why. :?

I guess it's a lot to do with short term memories not getting "laid down" when under stress, but this is like really short term stuff!


_________________
~ ~ ~

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~


Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,802
Location: Meandering

20 Apr 2015, 5:22 am

I have a few examples :oops: , but the time I slammed a car door shut onto my hand, while having a stressful conversation was mind boggling. I was speaking as I was looking at my hand, watching the door close in on it, but it did not occur to me to move my hand in time.



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,934
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

20 Apr 2015, 7:14 am

Amity wrote:
I have a few examples :oops: , but the time I slammed a car door shut onto my hand, while having a stressful conversation was mind boggling. I was speaking as I was looking at my hand, watching the door close in on it, but it did not occur to me to move my hand in time.



Oh, God, I've done that----watch a catastrophe happen, when I had plenty of time to avoid it----like, watch something fall and break, when I could've caught it.

Some of my most "famous" ones, are.....

More than once I've opened an envelope of instant oatmeal, and thrown the oatmeal in the trash, and put the envelope in my bowl! GOD, that ticks-me-off!! LOL

One time, I called the phone company and told them that I paid my bill, in full, last month, and asked them why it didn't say "Amount owed: 0", this month. I got quite angry, and said something like: "I keep sending you money every month, and it never says 'zero'----when is it gonna say 'zero'?" LOL I don't know WHAT I was thinking----and, this was just a few years, ago----it wasn't like I was 18, and never lived on my own / payed my own bills, before!





_________________
White female; age 57; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,185
Location: Canada

20 Apr 2015, 7:22 am

I used my entire grocery budget for the month on buying jalapeno poppers, which I am addicted to. Now I am living for the rest of the month without any food at all; but on the positive side I'm also losing weight I gained by eating jalapeno poppers. :roll:



Commander
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 606
Location: United States

20 Apr 2015, 7:29 am

I jumble up words or misplace things. I'm very scatter brained like that


_________________
Stay classy WrongPlanet


syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,007
Location: swimming in the air

20 Apr 2015, 7:45 am

I post on WP
:oops:


_________________
Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle
-Jaleb

some

people say eyes are the windows into the soul
but aren't hearts, minds and souls
the window into which you should look?


Commander
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 606
Location: United States

20 Apr 2015, 7:47 am

syzygyish wrote:
I post on WP
:oops:


Well that's the game. Hum bugged everyone here so no need trying to top that. Only the most basic of baseless could top that


_________________
Stay classy WrongPlanet


syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,007
Location: swimming in the air

20 Apr 2015, 8:13 am

i donnt doo that
but somnetimew I do


_________________
Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle
-Jaleb

some

people say eyes are the windows into the soul
but aren't hearts, minds and souls
the window into which you should look?


syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,007
Location: swimming in the air

20 Apr 2015, 8:22 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Amity wrote:
I have a few examples :oops: , but the time I slammed a car door shut onto my hand, while having a stressful conversation was mind boggling. I was speaking as I was looking at my hand, watching the door close in on it, but it did not occur to me to move my hand in time.



Oh, God, I've done that----watch a catastrophe happen, when I had plenty of time to avoid it----like, watch something fall and break, when I could've caught it.

Some of my most "famous" ones, are.....

More than once I've opened an envelope of instant oatmeal, and thrown the oatmeal in the trash, and put the envelope in my bowl! GOD, that ticks-me-off!! LOL

One time, I called the phone company and told them that I paid my bill, in full, last month, and asked them why it didn't say "Amount owed: 0", this month. I got quite angry, and said something like: "I keep sending you money every month, and it never says 'zero'----when is it gonna say 'zero'?" LOL I don't know WHAT I was thinking----and, this was just a few years, ago----it wasn't like I was 18, and never lived on my own / payed my own bills, before!

OMG
Your hand can hold things!


_________________
Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle
-Jaleb

some

people say eyes are the windows into the soul
but aren't hearts, minds and souls
the window into which you should look?


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,027
Location: San Antonio

20 Apr 2015, 11:07 am

I always speak without thinking and end up hurting the ones I love. Everyone I love I miss either due to cancer or them leaving me.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z