Page 52 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 2:45 pm

some middle age guy hanging around neighbours yard , dont recognize him from anywhere am supposing he might be related to the older widow who lives there but idk . looks and dressed like a thug , and have to do work on the boundry between these 2 yards between my home and thug guys front yard he has been standing in , think he maybe friend to the thug ,ex con living on the other side of me 2 houses away. Not feeling very comfortable in my own home with buncha men hanging about . Guess these ppl are not or not ever had a job or be able to keep one.

where ever you go ,there you are

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:40 pm

Repeated failed attempts to download clips from YouTube via two different applications. These YouTube bastards are continually modifying their systems to block people from downloading, that's when they're not censoring and removing a whole lot of interesting material that people post on there.

'Big Tech', dontcha just love 'em?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:04 pm

^ Ha! I've just installed an update for 4K Downloader, and can now grab videos from YouTube again, until they catch up again, of course.

Take that, YouTube!

:D

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:05 pm

Only being able to stand or walk for maybe a minute before I have to sit down because I’m graying out badly enough that I can barely see where I’m going and my sense of direction has switched off so I don’t even know which way is up or down anymore. I can get myself to and from the bathroom, the dinner table, and upstairs/downstairs for bed/starting the day, but I usually have to stop at least once per trip. It’s so dang frustrating to barely be able to do anything. (This is all part of the anemia, not anything new that’s joined it.)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:20 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Only being able to stand or walk for maybe a minute before I have to sit down because I’m graying out badly enough that I can barely see where I’m going and my sense of direction has switched off so I don’t even know which way is up or down anymore. I can get myself to and from the bathroom, the dinner table, and upstairs/downstairs for bed/starting the day, but I usually have to stop at least once per trip. It’s so dang frustrating to barely be able to do anything. (This is all part of the anemia, not anything new that’s joined it.)

Take care please hope it improves soon .... severe chronic fatigue had similiar symptoms for me in distant past . different issue for me was tunnel vision , narrowing to a pinhole then nothing but was concious ......Full nights sleep helped but only if absolutely did not stress anything. am holding good thoughts for you .

where ever you go ,there you are

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:26 pm

Jakki wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Take care please hope it improves soon .... severe chronic fatigue had similiar symptoms for me in distant past . different issue for me was tunnel vision , narrowing to a pinhole then nothing but was concious ......Full nights sleep helped but only if absolutely did not stress anything. am holding good thoughts for you .

Thank you. I do make sure to sit down even in the middle of the floor when I start feeling like that so I don’t fall and hurt myself, and a good thing about quarantine is that now there are always people home to help me if I need it (my mom can’t even work from home so I know I’m not interrupting anything too important if I ask her). I’m waiting to hear back from my doctor about when she wants to see me next.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 9:06 pm

Being told by employers that they are not hiring for various reasons.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 9:25 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I'm sorry this is still happening.

Have you ever had heart tests or worn a heart monitor?
Did you have a full "iron panel" done in your blood tests? (Includes ferritin, saturation and TIBC) ?

I'll attach this for your reference so you can ask your doctor.

http://www.irondisorders.org/Websites/i ... erted_.pdf

The iron panel tests are in red ^.
Sometimes doctors only check one or two iron levels instead of the full panel.

Are you sleeping any better?

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 4:53 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Another parcel I ordered about two months ago didn't get sent. At least I got a refund this time. At least they told me I would get one.

Don't trust anyone or anything, not even yourself, for you are a human, and humans are almost as trustworthy as a dog being left alone to guard a steak.

Omg, same and this was for a new hoover that was ordered around that time. It told me that it was to be due for the 15th May.
That obviously passed that day and was wondering what is going on?
Turns out after looking at the tracking page that it was still in a warehouse in Stratford Le Hope and then for some reason or another, it got returned to sender.
I was refunded for it, thankfully but it was not a very good experience and would probably never order anything on Amazon again. Bad experience.
Yesterday, went to go to Argos inside of a Sainsbury's and nobody on earth told me that you have to order this online. Thank God for my friend who was there and his quick thinking ordered this through his phone somehow and we were able to collect it.
Somehow I don't know how he was able to singlehandedly lift it with no problems, but hey. He is quite a big lad. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 4:54 am

the local postmaster defending incompetent mail delivery people's continued misdeliveries of my own [and a distant neighbor's nearly identical address] mail parcels.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 4:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I'm sorry this is still happening.

Have you ever had heart tests or worn a heart monitor?
Did you have a full "iron panel" done in your blood tests? (Includes ferritin, saturation and TIBC) ?

I'll attach this for your reference so you can ask your doctor.

http://www.irondisorders.org/Websites/i ... erted_.pdf

The iron panel tests are in red ^.
Sometimes doctors only check one or two iron levels instead of the full panel.

Are you sleeping any better?

I have not had anything done regarding my heart. I’m guessing that they did not do a full iron panel since the only information I received was my iron level, nothing more specific. I’ll make sure to ask for that at my next doctor appointment, or I suspect my next step may be to see a hematologist, and I expect the first thing they’d do is a full panel test.

I’m not sleeping much better, but it’s about at a “normal for me” amount, so I can manage it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 9:44 am

Someone on Reddit claiming Canada Dry isn't from Canada and it isn't dry.
I told them it *is* from Canada, and it's called dry because because it's not as sweet as most other kinds of ginger ale, similar to dry wine.

The cultural ignorance of other people never fails to amaze me. :roll:

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2020, 10:41 am

About people, my life situation, my environment, my neediness, loss of money, feeling of being stucked, own lack of motivation

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 10:53 am

People who, when they hear "Ginger Ale", automatically think of Canada Dry -- it is not the only Ginger Ale.  Vernors is the oldest surviving Ginger Ale sold in the United States.

The cultural ignorance of other people never fails to amaze me.  :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 11:33 am

john densmore's drumming appears just a hair behind the beat on a newly remastered [from original multitrack elements, by me] "Touch Me" :o i wish i could fix his drumming. if i slide it backwards in time to compensate it loses its groove somehow. :scratch: no wonder it was mixed low in the original release.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 2:30 pm

My next doctor’s appointment isn’t until June 16 :x There’s really no need to wait that long, it’s been more than three weeks since my previous iron infusions and none of them had any effect, why would this one be any different? Just means I have to put up with this stuff for an extra two weeks before anything is actually done :roll: And even then, probably all that will happen is that they’ll take some blood to check my iron level again, then I’ll have to wait another few days for the results, which will probably be either about the same as they were before or lower, then I’ll probably have to wait a while before making another appointment, either with my doctor or a hematologist. So. Much. Waiting.

And ordinarily I’d go pull weeds or scrub the bathtub or something so I was productively working out my frustration, but with the anemia, my energy levels are such that I probably could only pull, like, two small weeds or give the tub about five swipes with a sponge before I’d have to stop (assuming I could even bend down to do such tasks at all), and that will only make me more frustrated.