Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

Milk chocolate has always been and will always be one of my favorites. White is good too, but it gets overpowering very quickly. Dark I just hate.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 7:51 pm

I like milk and white. Dark is all right too, but I don't like it as much.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm

I go back and forth between dark and milk. Kind of depends what else is in it. There is a company called chocolove that makes a milk chocolate with toffee that has been one of my favorites for a while now.
But I think the best I've had was turmeric and ginger in dark chocolate, made by vosges. Someone gave it to me last Valentine's day. I think it's an $8 candy bar, so I'll probably never have another, but it was heavenly.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 8:52 pm

Depending on my mood, I might pick any of them, but I'm most likely to pick milk, then white, and least likely to choose dark.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 8:55 pm

Dark.
The higher the percentage of cocoa the better.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 9:44 pm

Milk chocolate is my favorite.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm

i never liked chocolate.
i can tolerate small amounts of dark chocolate as long as it is wafer thin and has some other zesty ingredient like intense orange flakes.

the worst type of chocolate to me is white chocolate.
it is quite sickly. too "lactosey". i love to suck on tubes of sweetened condensed milk which may seem similar, but white chocolate has a stinky babies milky head taste about it.
milk chocolate is diluted with milk and sweetened with extra sugar and i do not like it.

i have given some thought to chocolate however.
i think early south american civilizations like the aztecs or even earlier the maya discovered chocolate.

the cocoa bean is outrageously unpalatable and whoever discovered it by accident while maybe trying out foods in the forest, must have spat it out, but afterward felt a sense of calmness and stability of alertness.

he may have wondered about that effect, and then collected some of the beans to take them back to the tribe to ask them to try them and, even though they have a ferociously bitter taste, report whether they feel any positive physiological or psychological effects.

maybe many reported the effects i outlined above, so they incorporated it as a medicine.

to increase the palatability, someone invariably would have added some type of sugar (probably corn syrup) to assist in the consumption (a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down).

so an astonishing discovery was made that the addition of sugar not only made it less bitter, but perfectly augmented it's underlying taste, and it became an appetising taste, rather than just a tolerable one.

this would be how the modern idea of chocolate was discovered i believe.

but i still don't like it anyway.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 10:20 pm

I love dark chocolate. And mocha (chocolate in coffee).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Nov 2017, 11:11 pm

Milk is my fave, I like white OK, & I don't care for dark but will eat it

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2017, 1:14 am

I don't consider myself a choco-holic, but I do enjoy getting my chocolate jam on occasionally (lol). And my preference is the dark variety. Not to mention, it also has health benefits. Many studies have shown it supports blood flow to the heart and may help destroy free radicals..courtesy of its substance called flavonoids, which are more abundant in dark chocolate. I like Dove, but Hershey's Special Dark is a close second.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 5:11 am

The last few years it's been dark. I really like Dove dark.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 5:53 am

Definitely prefer milk chocolate

white can be alright

I used to hate dark chocolate, didn't find it tasty at all, but over the last decade there have been some dark chocolates I have liked, and sometimes I crave them

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 5:56 am

I think the first time I took to dark chocolate is when I ate a dark chocolate covered marshmallow christmas tree candy.

elenorh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2017, 7:28 am

Definitely dark, then milk. Don't really like white chocolate.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense --Dune, Frank Herbert

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 7:56 am

Dark chocolate for cooking, or pairing with a J. Lohr cabernet sauvignon.

Milk chocolate for desserts.

White chocolate ... isn't.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 8:15 am

Every once in a while I enjoy a white chocolate Kit Kat or Reeses. But I like the dark version best.