Page 3 of 919 [ 14699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 919  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 8:13 pm

If they're guppies, you have my sympathy. I bought one guppy (well, actually two, but the one died almost as soon as I got home) a long time ago. She turned out to be pregnant. It took me years to get rid of the 40+ guppies (because I didn't want to kill them).

I confess that I always feel slightly odd if I respond to the same person more than a few times, especially if I'm not seeking to continue the pervious conversation.

I confess that it's so fark that I now can't see the keyboard. I'm doing this through trial and error; as of right now, I seem to be doing better than I thought I would.

I also confess that I hope we drive straight through, even though I know that my father plans to stop tonight. I just want to get home at this point.

And finally I confess that I got a bottle of soda, put it in the cupholder, turned away, and it promptly fell out and hit me.

Three years!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 8:32 pm

RainSong wrote:
If they're guppies, you have my sympathy. I bought one guppy (well, actually two, but the one died almost as soon as I got home) a long time ago. She turned out to be pregnant. It took me years to get rid of the 40+ guppies (because I didn't want to kill them).

Block Mollys.

RainSong wrote:
I confess that I always feel slightly odd if I respond to the same person more than a few times, especially if I'm not seeking to continue the pervious conversation.

I confess I was a bit sad reading this since I was enjoying replying to each other's posts.

RainSong wrote:
I confess that it's so fark that I now can't see the keyboard. I'm doing this through trial and error; as of right now, I seem to be doing better than I thought I would.

I confess I do not know what fark is like.

RainSong wrote:
I also confess that I hope we drive straight through, even though I know that my father plans to stop tonight. I just want to get home at this point.

Good luck!

RainSong wrote:
And finally I confess that I got a bottle of soda, put it in the cupholder, turned away, and it promptly fell out and hit me.

I hope you did not get hurt and that the soda did not spray all over the car when you opened it.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 8:54 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

I confess I was a bit sad reading this since I was enjoying replying to each other's posts.

I confess that I'm still enjoying replying, I'm just never sure when the conversation has ended and I'm being rude.

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

I confess I do not know what fark is like.

It's like dark without thr benefit of a flashlight.

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks. He remembered a work call tomorrow morning, so he's considering driving on. (I can drive, but I'm not insured with this car. If I was, I would drive myself.)

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

I hope you did not get hurt and that the soda did not spray all over the car when you opened it.

Thanks. I confess that I haven't opened it yet, but I think I will soon..

Three years!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:06 pm

RainSong wrote:
I confess that I'm still enjoying replying, I'm just never sure when the conversation has ended and I'm being rude.

I confess that I would not consider it rude if someone did not want to reply back to my reply to their post.

I also confess that I strongly believe in open and honest communication. If I ever say or do anything that upsets or hurts someone, then I want to be told. In all likelihood I did not intend whatever I said or did to upset or hurt them and it may be a matter of interpretation. If someone does not like me, has criticism for me, or just plain wants to tell me to bugger off, then I have no problem with hearing the truth.

I confess that I want to clarify that previous confession was not meant for anyone in particular and that I was only generalizing one of my philosophies on life due to the general nature of the first confession.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:14 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

I confess that I would not consider it rude if someone did not want to reply back to my reply to their post.

I also confess that I strongly believe in open and honest communication. If I ever say or do anything that upsets or hurts someone, then I want to be told. In all likelihood I did not intend whatever I said or did to upset or hurt them and it may be a matter of interpretation. If someone does not like me, has criticism for me, or just plain wants to tell me to bugger off, then I have no problem with hearing the truth.

I confess that I want to clarify that previous confession was not meant for anyone in particular and that I was only generalizing one of my philosophies on life due to the general nature of the first confession.

I confess that I'm the same, but I'm still awful at determining when the conversation has ended, and I'm dregding up what should remain alone.

I confess that I like open and honenst communication too, but I believe it's very rare. I confess that I'll stay closed to spare others' feelings. I also confess that I'm far too swinging in my emotions to have one set emotion for any length of time. I may like something one day and hate it the next.

I further more confess that my father has now told three people that I am "playing on the computer and having fun." Fun ins not currently in my vocabulary at the moment. (What is it about travel that makes it so exhausting? It's not like I'm actually doing anything but sitting here, typing this, but I'm far more exhausted now than after any of the days I spent in the city. There are other factors contribbuting to my not-so-great mood, but I think the weariness is the worst.)

Three years!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:24 pm

RainSong wrote:
I further more confess that my father has now told three people that I am "playing on the computer and having fun." Fun ins not currently in my vocabulary at the moment. (What is it about travel that makes it so exhausting? It's not like I'm actually doing anything but sitting here, typing this, but I'm far more exhausted now than after any of the days I spent in the city. There are other factors contribbuting to my not-so-great mood, but I think the weariness is the worst.)

I confess I now am on a mission to find something funny for you to laugh at.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:31 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
RainSong wrote:

I confess I now am on a mission to find something funny for you to laugh at.

I confess that I appreciate it, but I don't think it will work... Exhaustion has taken second place now, and I just want to cry.

I also confess that something I thought was iron actually turned out to be frayed string.

Three years!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:32 pm

Not funny per se, but amusing. Look at the middle and the dots eventually disappear. Until you blink again anyway.

It's a start!

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

27 Jul 2007, 9:36 pm

I'm not sure where the best place to post this might be... I'm not even sure that I should post it... But, if we seek catharsis through confession, perhaps this is the best place to attempt to do so... Please, bear with me for a bit; this confession requires more than a few words...

Today was an emotional roller coaster for me the likes of which I have not experienced in some time; I'm still a bit sore from the ride. I will skip over the bits of the day that were frazzled and nice; I suppose they are inconsequential.

It being a Friday afternoon with work mumbo jumbo under control, I decided to check the forums here at WP. I found a response to a message I'd sent RainSong yestereve over some trivial matter, which kicked off a train of events leading to me reading RainSong's blog. After reading back through most of the archives, I found an old posting in which there was a horrific story about a 13 year-old boy with AS who was brutally beaten by two thugs. Apparently, the reasons were the typical mumbo jumbo that he was odd and different.

Upon reading this, I felt something really snap inside of me, emotionally. I found myself hearkening back to my younger days, when, ironically at the same age as the boy who was beaten in the story, I was beaten up by a pack of my "schoolmates", though not so badly as the boy in the story. I was jumped from behind on the long walk home from school (I used to always walk alone), without so much as a clue of warning, or any provocation; I was just sport for the bullies; suffice to say, in the process my nose was broken and I was pelted with several large rocks.

I found myself gripped by a seething rage at reading the story of this happening to someone else, and even worse. I found I could no longer stand to be at work, and left, passing a fellow coworker and completely ignoring her greeting [I'll have to apologize to her later].

I wanted to swing by the grocery on the way home, and for the short drive there, the thought of that boy being beaten like that was burning in my mind. I found myself wanting to give anything to go back in time, and appear behind those thugs just as they were attacking that boy. I relished the thought of taking them both down at once, and dozens of scenarios for how I might cripple and maim them were racing through my mind all at once. I do not wish to give the impression that I am some badass bruiser [I'm not], but neither am I small or weak anymore, and there dwells within me a spirit of rage that is "thermonuclear" at best, one of the many demons I struggle to keep under lock and key from day to day. A few lines from Hamlet come to mind:

"Thou pray'st not well.
I prithee, take thy fingers from my throat;
For, though I am not splenitive and rash,
Yet have I something in me dangerous,
Which let thy wisdom fear: hold off thy hand!
"

So, I went into the grocery in a black mood, mostly off in my own world, violent thoughts still racing through my head. I had grabbed the item I was seeking, and was making my to the cashier at the far corner of the store, the one most people don't know about so it is less busy there. As I was passing the magazine racks, someone came around a corner and bumped my shoulder rather roughly; he came from the left, and I was looking at the magazine covers on my right. About half a second after this happened, and it was apparent that the guy was going to continue on without so much as an "excuse me", things slowed down to bullet time; if you've read this far, thank you; here I were the story becomes worth reading.

Without so much as a thought, and without even looking and the fellow who'd bumped into me, my left hand shot out and grabbed him by his left shoulder sleeve, and I spun him around, hard. In my tunnel vision, the first thing I noticed were his large glasses, then the eyes behind them, and the look of stark terror in them. Then I looked at him; he was some late-middle Indian guy, mostly bald, kind of frail. In a thick Indian accent, he mumbled something about being sorry, and not meaning anything by it, and being in a hurry to catch his wife at the cashier. I was focused on his eyes, and the terror in them. Then I realized what I was doing...

I had spun him around so hard, I had ripped his shirt, and I was still clutching a fist-full of the half torn-off sleeve. It was some generic yellow polo shirt, the shade I like to call "Prozac yellow". And then I noticed he was not really looking at me, but at my right hand... Which was drawn back and frozen at the apex of a punch, where it happened to be as I noticed the terror in this guys eyes. And then I realized what I was about to do; it was not just any punch; I realized I had intended to hit him in the throat, in a manner that is designed to collapse windpipe and arteries; a death blow. And it was just the first in the sequence of blows I had plotted out in my mind; the second was to have been a close elbow-smash to the nose, also intended to be a death blow. I will not say more. I realized that in the moment that poor fellow bumped into me, he became one of those thugs who beat and maimed that 13 year old boy with AS; I cannot imagine the hellfires he saw burning in my eyes...

Once I realized what I did, and what I was about to do, those fires froze over; I could amost feel myself physically shrink. I let him go, and he stumbled back a step, still trapped like a deer in the headlights. I put out my hands, open palms out in an attempt to gesture piece, and blurted out, "I am so sorry! Soooo sorry!" He relaxed just slightly, and there was an awkward moment where we stood there staring at each other, neither of us sure what to do. Then I noticed his ripped shirt again, and told him that it was my mistake, please let me give you something for that; I fumbled around and grabbed two 20's out of my wallet, then made it three, and grabbed his right hand [which was limp and cold], and shoved the money into it. Then I tried to give a friendly gesture by patting him on both shoulders, and said one more time, "I'm so sorry; please forgive me." He squeaked out something like, no worries, and scurried off.

I looked around, and noticed nobody had witnessed our altercation, which seemed like an eternity to me, but couldn't have lasted more than several seconds in real time. I hurried to checkout, and left.

On the drive home, I was haunted what I had almost done... After some thought, I realized I had almost become very much like the thugs who I hated and wanted to destroy. What the hell happened to me? I don't go around attacking people, honest. Then, as I calmed down and banished the violent thoughts I was having to some dark corner of my mind, I found myself thinking about the situation from the opposite direction. I found myself wondering about the boy who was beaten; and I found that what I really wanted more than anything, was to be able to go back in time and be a friend to him in his time of need; insofar as people with AS can form friendships [I notice it's some more than others]. But, just to be there for him in any way that I could, to let him know that he was not alone, to make him feel better somehow.

I wonder where he is today; I wonder if he's doing OK. Gods, I hope so... But I fear that that beating will be a demon that will haunt him for the rest of his days. I confess, I know what that feels like... And, after all this, I confess I'd still like to put the smack down on those thugs... My mind is spinning...

Thanks for listening.

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 9:44 pm

RainSong wrote:
I confess that I appreciate it, but I don't think it will work... Exhaustion has taken second place now, and I just want to cry.

Don't fret...there is always something to look forward to at the end of the rainbow.

Wait a minute, I think the saying is that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh well...the principle is the same.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

27 Jul 2007, 10:03 pm

Gads, sorry to spoil the mood; I didn't realize there was playful banter going on whilst I was writing; please excuse me. I confess I'm a mood spoiling jackass. :?

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 10:16 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Gads, sorry to spoil the mood; I didn't realize there was playful banter going on whilst I was writing; please excuse me. I confess I'm a mood spoiling jackass. :?

Good fortune,

- Icarus

That was quite alright. Hopefully Heather has drifted off to sleep in the car. I was failing miserably anyway finding something poignant and funny to cheer her up. You needed to get that out. I hope you find peace in yourself not to ever come to that state of mind again. Let today be a lesson to learn from.

I confess I am a failure at cheering anyone up tonight.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 10:17 pm

Nah, you didn't spoil any moods, Icarus (or at least you didn't spoil mine - I did that by myself this afternoon). Serious, silly, it's all the same...

Trigger11, your picture did make me smile; thank you. I confess (this is the confess thread, right? I don't remember) that I looked at it three times before I got the joke. (The light at the end of a tunnel is a train, the end of the rainbow your picture, and the cloud's silver linings are covered by night at the moment. But all the same, I'm feeling better. 'Tis due to a number of circumstances, but this was one of them... Thank you.)

Three years!

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

27 Jul 2007, 10:19 pm

Trigger11 wrote:

Not so! I actually spent a bit staring at your optical illusion; for me, the dots kept dissapearing and re-appearing; I sat for quite a while to see if I could see a pattern in this, but it was apparently random. It really helped take my mind off things; thanks, Trigger11. :wink:

Good fortune,

- Icarus

UnrelentingHorror
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2007, 10:32 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Trigger11 wrote:

Not so! I actually spent a bit staring at your optical illusion; for me, the dots kept dissapearing and re-appearing; I sat for quite a while to see if I could see a pattern in this, but it was apparently random. It really helped take my mind off things; thanks, Trigger11. :wink:

Good fortune,

- Icarus

Thats sad icarus, I'm sorry.

I confess that I'm rather hungry right now.... and I crave ice cream even though I shouldn't have it. mmmm ice cream.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 12:33 am

Trigger11 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I am a Christian, but I have lied and said I was an atheist so I could meet fellow South Park fans

Many social conservatives find South Park very offensive, and if you ask them to watch South Park, you might as well be asking them to watch porn.

Tim

I confess that this is sad, since South Park makes fun of EVERYBODY equally. Plus it is HILARIOUS! :lol:

I was referring to all the naughty words they say on the show. Social conservatives want to go back to the way TV was in the 1950s, when you couldn't even say the word "pregnant" on TV.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!