Page 107 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 163  Next

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 4:20 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
people would argue who got me in their group

I used to get that one for the opposite reason - no-one wanted me on their team. Football was the worst: being picked last always meant being goalie - you know; the sole last line of defence where lightning reflexes and supreme co-ordination are vital. So it was always my fault that the team I was on lost! The only time I recall accidentally saving a ball, I was so astounded that I ruined my moment of glory by stumbling backwards over the goal line with the ball still in my hands. It took a while to sink in that the other players' shouts and gesticulations weren't in celebration of my amazing feat! :oops:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 5:30 pm

I was always the last one to be picked for a football team. I actually saved a goal once when I couldn't get out of the way in time.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 5:38 pm

I stopped an absolute exocet missile of a shot once that was destined for a goal - with my face :oops:

The sky turned green and the grass blue :lol: This colour change lasted for about a minute 8O

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 5:59 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I stopped an absolute exocet missile of a shot once that was destined for a goal - with my face

Hmm, I see, yes; I think this may explain a few... erm... things... :lol:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:01 am

32 photos showing 1970s London

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2019, 7:18 am

Trogluddite wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
people would argue who got me in their group

I used to get that one for the opposite reason - no-one wanted me on their team. Football was the worst: being picked last always meant being goalie - you know; the sole last line of defence where lightning reflexes and supreme co-ordination are vital. So it was always my fault that the team I was on lost! The only time I recall accidentally saving a ball, I was so astounded that I ruined my moment of glory by stumbling backwards over the goal line with the ball still in my hands. It took a while to sink in that the other players' shouts and gesticulations weren't in celebration of my amazing feat! :oops:

haha, very unfortunate!
I'm reasonably physically active now, when I was a kid I was glued to computer screen so was terrible with sport, plus it's always team sport, I don't play well with others!!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 11:50 am

^ That sounds very like me. At first, it was my Lego that no-one could tear me away from. Then, when the first affordable home computers came out, I got totally hooked on them. I never had the situational awareness, reflexes, or co-ordination to be an athlete of any kind. But thankfully, I always loved nature, and when circumstances meant that the family had to economise, I discovered that I loved camping much more than package holidays to hotel resorts. When I left home for Uni, I found that outdoor pursuits enthusiasts often seemed to have a mind-set more in tune with mine, so got into climbing and, especially, caving/pot-holing (hence "Trog"). I don't do anything quite so adventurous these days, but I've often sacrificed other conveniences so that I can live somewhere with easily accessible greenery - it's good for my body, and possibly even more so for my mental health (contrary to what some of my posts in this thread might suggest! :wink: )

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 12:12 pm

I was always last because of bad coordination but my teacher said I was the best one at PE theory. Knowing the rules etc. And knowing why keep fit is important.

Shame they don't have female Celtic fans who actually know the rules as football refs because I'd make a good one. Someone tells me the rules of a game and unless it's cricket (or outside of sport as long as it's not chess, as long as it's not incredibly complicated basically) I get it and enforce it fairly.

In the end I was the ref or whatever it's called in netball/hockey. You have to be relatively fit but not as coordinated as a player.

Happy St David's day everyone who's celebrating.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 12:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
32 photos showing 1970s London

Seeing the old 70's British cars in those pictures really took me back - they're just what I was surrounded by as a kid. I'm always fascinated by old films, pictures, and maps of places that I'm familiar with, and local history in general.

Here's my fave British classic car, and a Le Mans class winner, to boot (I'm a bit biased, as it was made just down the road from me in Bradford).

Jowett Jupiter

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

My Dad had a TR 3a.

When I was four he decided to do it up and took the wheels off and put it up on bricks, temporarily :o by the time

we moved when I was ten it came with us mostly in boxes. And basically stayed in them. I never got to see it

looking like the one above but my Dad used to take my sister and me to car shows and we could identify all the

different Triumphs. I'm not interested in modern cars, they all look the same to me, but when a Triumph is on telly

and they call it by the wrong name I shock people by suddenly turning into a car expert :lol:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 9:45 am

This is a Vauxhall Prince Henry, like the one belonging to one of the main characters in my novel :D

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 4:53 pm

When I was in my early 20s, I wanted to own a TR7. Never actually got round to doing so, and thereby probably avoided a whole lot of aggro... :lol:

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 9:41 pm

DeepHour wrote:
When I was in my early 20s, I wanted to own a TR7. Never actually got round to doing so, and thereby probably avoided a whole lot of aggro... :lol:

Me too! My brother had a Jag. I had an Austin Marina. Fun to drive, but not as fun as a Triumph would have been. Horrible electrical wiring, constantly blowing fuses. And the oddest mix of things on the same fuse. If you had the rear defroster on, along with a turn signal and tapped the brakes you’d lose all exterior lights. Try turning a corner, shifting gears and hand signalling your turn!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2019, 2:58 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
8O My bins are still upright.

You must be throwing bricks and iron away! I believe mine have gone to a galaxy far far away.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200