Page 65 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 163  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:13 am

One of my watches updates automatically but my others don't. I haven't changed those yet, so I'll just have to wear the same one every day until I get round to changing them.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 8:44 am

Has anyone sent their ASD report to the DWP ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 10:03 am

SaveFerris wrote:

Yes, for both ESA and PIP. From the reactions I got, especially for PIP, they didn't see it as anything more than confirmation of diagnosis. None of the detail about abilities or support needs has been listened to in the slightest. My initial PIP decision (zero points!) said that there were "no signs of cognitive impairment", which is directly contradicted by at least half a dozen points made in my assessment report! (I received over 20 points at appeal after two years of pissing about). I've sent it again with the papers for my next ESA capability assessment, but I don't suppose it'll make any difference.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 10:21 am

Trogluddite wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Yes, for both ESA and PIP. From the reactions I got, especially for PIP, they didn't see it as anything more than confirmation of diagnosis. None of the detail about abilities or support needs has been listened to in the slightest. My initial PIP decision (zero points!) said that there were "no signs of cognitive impairment", which is directly contradicted by at least half a dozen points made in my assessment report! (I received over 20 points at appeal after two years of pissing about). I've sent it again with the papers for my next ESA capability assessment, but I don't suppose it'll make any difference.

0 points seems to be standard , hoping that you'll give up. I don't want to send my report , it's private and I don't trust anyone with my data. I'm going to just send them the Risk Factors part, they are not going to digest a 10 page report. Are you on ESA and PIP ?

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 10:29 am

^ Yes, I know plenty of folk who were just awarded zero, and all of the ones who appealed ended up being awarded in the end. I get ESA (support group) and PIP at the moment, but I'm bracing myself for the WCA deeming me fit for work. The PIP has only been awarded for another 18 months or so, too; so I'm looking forward to the miraculous recovery from autism that they seem to be expecting!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 10:36 am

Trogluddite wrote:
^ Yes, I know plenty of folk who were just awarded zero, and all of the ones who appealed ended up being awarded in the end. I get ESA (support group) and PIP at the moment, but I'm bracing myself for the WCA deeming me fit for work. The PIP has only been awarded for another 18 months or so, too; so I'm looking forward to the miraculous recovery from autism that they seem to be expecting!

My GF has just been told she has to move over to PIP despite being signed off for life with ESA so she phoned PIP and they said they would send out a starter pack. A starter pack arrived in my name , so I phoned them and said they must have made a mistake , they said no mistake , it was a standard letter and it was for me concerning a review, I said I am not due a review till July , they said we know but as there is such a backlog they are doing it early as it will take time. I said OK and sent off form , within a week I have already had a CAPITA interview and told it will be processed in 4 weeks , wow what a backlog. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :roll:

I had 0 points first time.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:07 am

^ Yeah, a few people I've spoken to have been called in early just recently. I've been wondering if it has anything to do with all the shenanigans with the Universal Credit roll-out.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:12 am

Something smells fishy that's for sure

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 4:08 pm

Next week the job centre will be going over with me what will happen in November when the UC in this area goes

online. I believe I will have to do it over the phone but it helps that the job centre are going to explain in advance

as this will make it less stressful.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 4:37 pm

I have not attempted to be judged as unfit to work. I have no idea how this is even attempted but when I ran out

of money in Nov 17 I went nervously and reluctantly along to the local job centre and asked about help getting a

job and ended up explaining my autism to a lady there who persuaded me a) begin a claim for UC and b) see one of

the disability staff. So I had to do all the things NTs have to do and get the same money but the person I deal with

understands that there are jobs I can't do and problem areas. There was a section on the computer for her to put

in Asperger/autism; I did not need to provide any documentation or have had any assessment for this. I got a part

time job in Feb so I still get topped up, but my appointments have been about once a month and we chat

(usually about my writing) and ideas I have in relation to increasing income or improving job skills such as enter

short stories to magazines. They have been really understanding and helpful. They have moved forward hugely, so

if anyone is afraid they may be deemed fit to work things might not be as bad as you think.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 6:26 am

The assessment process is horrible, Fluffly, to get ESA or PIP.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:54 pm

Temeraire wrote:

The research I did when I was considering trying for anything seemed to say that since you have to communicate that

you have a communication disorder they either say no because you didn't communicate your disorder well enough or

no because you did communicate your disorder and therefor you can't have a communication disorder. Also that the

doctors doing the assessments were not familiar with autism and that some felt that if the autistic person went to the

assessment on their own that was enough to turn them down. I'm ok in the job I have at the moment, but things

change.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 3:59 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Temeraire wrote:

The research I did when I was considering trying for anything seemed to say that since you have to communicate that

you have a communication disorder they either say no because you didn't communicate your disorder well enough or

no because you did communicate your disorder and therefor you can't have a communication disorder. Also that the

doctors doing the assessments were not familiar with autism and that some felt that if the autistic person went to the

assessment on their own that was enough to turn them down. I'm ok in the job I have at the moment, but things

change.

I was on ESA before I was diagnosed as having ASD as I have a list of health issues and conditions so I know how difficult it is if you are trying on the basis of communication alone.

You can apply for PIP even if you are working - this is for a disability and has a care and mobility element. Still very difficult and requires lots of evidence.

They do make assumptions at the assessment and it is usually against the claimant. They will try to find anything not to pay the award.

General advice is always take someone with you no matter what. Preferably someone who knows what they are doing.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 6:10 am

It's a soggy week here.

What indoor activities do we enjoy?

I could do with some motivation.

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 11:35 am

Temeraire wrote:
It's a soggy week here.

What indoor activities do we enjoy?

I could do with some motivation.

Watching the rain while being dry in a house.