Page 60 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 163  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 5:18 pm

Even two hours is a long time for me to clean.

I just don't have the "clean gene," LOL

Though my house never actually gets "dirty." At the most, it gets sort of "dusty."

But if I invite any of you folks from WP to my apartment, I will surely make sure I clean up.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 4:49 am

I put my alarm back another half hour thank God because the new hoover bags didn't fit. I had to fish the old one out

of the dustbin, empty it and reseal with masking tape. I could have done with a couple more minutes but it went

OK, she's a nice lady. She was impressed with how well I'd done on the limescale and vinegar over chemicals.

It takes time kraftie because I only do it every six months :D

:flower: Now it's all over and I'm on a high :flower:

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 6:58 am

So pleased you have got it out of the way again.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:36 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
The only problem is I don't really function until I've had a least 4 cups of tea.

Only 4? Are you sure your British :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:44 am

SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
The only problem is I don't really function until I've had a least 4 cups of tea.

I said function, not function competently.

I have a forty a day habit, so I don't think I'm on the verge of being banished from the tribe for tea abstinence.

:? Maybe I should up it to fifty to make sure.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:53 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

I have a forty a day habit, so I don't think I'm on the verge of being banished from the tribe for tea abstinence.

:lol:

When I was under the crisis team they told me drink less tea , that's when I questioned their sanity. :twisted:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 1:00 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

When I was under the crisis team they told me drink less tea , that's when I questioned their sanity. :twisted:

How do they explain their jobs? "I'm part of a crisis team. If someone can't reach crisis point on their own, we help them there by taking their tea away."

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 1:35 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

How do they explain their jobs? "I'm part of a crisis team. If someone can't reach crisis point on their own, we help them there by taking their tea away."

half of the crisis team were troubled souls themselves , one in particular was bonkers :twisted:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 3:49 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

half of the crisis team were troubled souls themselves , one in particular was bonkers :twisted:

The way I herd it is they were all fine till they met you :jester:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 7:04 am

At a meeting in London (Monument) again. 2 hours of car, train & underground. Thank God for noise cancelling headphones.

I am between the Shard and the Walkie Talkie though so have a good view at least.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 7:16 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

The way I herd it is they were all fine till they met you :jester:

That wouldn't surprise me , I'm a walking contradiction. I'm pretty sure I gave my CBT therapist a major headache because he couldn't work me out , I had more than the allotted sessions the NHS provide and he still wanted to give me more even though we made no progress.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 1:50 pm

Currently, 3 shops good for buying spring bulbs are:

Morrisons (10 allium graceful for £2)

Wilkos (2.5k of daffodils for £2.50)

The Range (3 bags of bulbs for £5 or £1.99 each)

I got my snowdrops on ebay as I couldn't find enough of these as a bargain - 100 for £7.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 3:33 pm

^Thank you. With the inspection over I can get on with the garden now. I've done the rough jobs, just need to

replace the things that died in the heat. Bulbs will help nicely :flower:

My neighbour told me a few years ago that she hated daffodils. She doesn't seem like someone who hates anything,

but daffodils 8O was she attacked by one as a child :jester: I really wanted to ask.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 4:01 pm

Perhaps your neighbour was forced to be a daffodil in a school play when she really wanted the lead.

I think daffs are really uplifting as they symbolise the coming of warmer weather, even if it was snowing a blizzard on my daffs last year. When I see the first signs of snowdrops and crocus I get a fuzzy warm feeling and go all gooey.

My hydrangea looked cooked but has just started to come back which I am pleased about as it is fairly big.

I have been trying to find a way to treat myself and bulbs seem to be fitting as they will come back every year to cheer me up if I hit hard times again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 5:20 pm

I was able to use an avatar of The Kinks for a whole 24 hours. I wouldn't have been able to do that 6 months ago. It will be a few days before I do it again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 6:30 pm

I'm planning on having pasta loaded with grated cheddar cheese for supper. I like the orange cheddar because I grew up with it. Damn! I forgot to have my afternoon tea. That afternoon tea is more of a week day thing when I've got more going on, anyways.