Page 148 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 163  Next

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2020, 9:10 pm

^^"Meanwhile, a reckless policy of discharging older patients from hospitals to care homes without testing allowed the virus to spread and kick start a second epidemic of community infection." So the UK's approach to the crisis has actively spread the virus.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2020, 1:43 am

^ Amongst the population demographic with highest risk of developing life-threatening illness as a result of infection no less. :wall:

[sarc]At least B****t is going well.[/sarc] :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2020, 2:19 am

DeepHour wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nice to see you poms have a thread....the Australian thread is just me I think...

how many other aussies are there here on WP?

Brictoria and Pepe are the only ones who come to mind but there may be more. Neither particularly care for my ways :lol:

I believe that the following members are also Australian:

Raleigh, Wallflower Asparagus, The Grand Inquisitor, ImAnAspie, Juliette

Apologies to any of these that I've listed in error.

Not sure why I'm posting this in the UK thread, BTW... :lol:

Yes I have interacted with The Grand Inquisitor, don't know the others.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2020, 2:22 am

Misslizard wrote:
Never met a real Aussie, just a few Kiwis and Brits around here.

The last true Aussie

They don't make em like this anymore....

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2020, 12:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Never met a real Aussie, just a few Kiwis and Brits around here.

The last true Aussie

They don't make em like this anymore....

He was a wonderful human being.
It was a great loss. :cry:

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 2:55 pm

This is the most united the country has been in five years, if not fifty. Whether we voted Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP or UKIP; whether we voted for or against Brexit; be we young or old; white, black or Asian; Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jew or atheist -

- EVERYONE hates Dominic Cummings. It warms the soul.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 4:03 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
This is the most united the country has been in five years, if not fifty. Whether we voted Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP or UKIP; whether we voted for or against Brexit; be we young or old; white, black or Asian; Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jew or atheist -

I can’t wait for the fifth of we all know which month :D

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 7:16 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:

For what Americans call a 'sweet sixteenth' present, mum took me to America. As a surprise. I had a meltdown.

Apparently (according to his own bots online and what he's said in interview) he dragged a 4 yo autistic kid across the country during lockdown/his own having the virus & it was a surprise trip. Then the kid got it and had to go to hospital.

All I can think is 'poor kid'. :(

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 8:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i have met aussies, they seem decent. never met a "bogan" though, i wonder if they are down under's magas?

In many cases yes (especially when it comes to discussing immigrants) but it's possible for them to be left-wing or totally apolitical.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 1:56 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i have met aussies, they seem decent. never met a "bogan" though, i wonder if they are down under's magas?

In many cases yes (especially when it comes to discussing immigrants) but it's possible for them to be left-wing or totally apolitical.

so it seems then that the typical "bogan" is not behaving bloodymindedly in the way the typical maga here has shown themselves to behave all too often.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 3:01 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:

It's been quite a spectacular weekend of politics. I have been fairly glued to it. Just amazing how many times one group of people can continually shoot themselves in the foot. It's been said for a while that Cummings is the man pulling all the strings in Govt and holds a lot of power but this really has emphasised it to the country.

Michael Gove on telly this morning asked if he would go on a 60 mile drive to test his eyesight and he said he would. Just how many dead bodies are there in that party that Cummings knows the detail of?! :lol:

as an aside, it did make me laugh how quaint and British the setup was for the Cummings press conference. Bloke who can't dress properly shambles his way to a little table to take his seat and he looks like he could be at a village summer fete stall.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 5:15 pm

:lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

so it seems then that the typical "bogan" is not behaving bloodymindedly in the way the typical maga here has shown themselves to behave all too often.

A few of them are. Some if them are quite good natured. Some of shout racial slurs at Indians. Bogans are a diverse group. There are even cashed up bogans (upper-middle class), who grew up poor, retain their accent and spend their cash on tacky but expensive things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 8:34 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

A few of them are. Some if them are quite good natured. Some of shout racial slurs at Indians. Bogans are a diverse group. There are even cashed up bogans (upper-middle class), who grew up poor, retain their accent and spend their cash on tacky but expensive things.

a lot of magas here like to spend much on spendy tacky shiny things.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 7:14 pm

Lovely to see this place still breathing.

Missed you all of course but especially my Issy and Fluffy.

:heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Lovely to see this place still banning breathing.

Missed you all of course but especially my Issy and Fluffy.

:heart:

cheers love