Page 3 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm

I absolutely love that story, and the moral of the story, and it validates how I am, and the way I like to freely give to others. It brings tears to my eyes, because I constantly feel as though I must restrain myself and the things I offer to others. Not to be negative, but, I have received PM's, here, telling me that "people don't want my empathy", after I have offered, what others might see as too much empathy in a thread. So, I have conditioned myself, out of respect for others, but, pressure builds up inside me, as a result. I am glad to know that I don't have to give it any thought with you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, here. May I copy it? I would love to share it with my students, and others, and, I would be grateful to have a copy, to refer back to, as needed/desired, if ok with you. :flower: :study: I'm not a cat person, however, I very much like this cat emoji. :cat: Off topic, I wonder if I am the only aspie in the world (apart from DeepHour) who has a bit of an aversion to cats. It truly does appear that most aspies are cat lovers. Thank you, again, a b !

Last edited by Britte on 16 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:28 pm

I like cats----but I don't really care for feral cats; I'm really scared of them.

Are you a dog lover?

I feel people deserve all the empathy they can get.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:37 pm

Britte wrote:
I absolutely love that story, and the moral of the story, and it validates how I am, and the way I like to freely give to others. It brings tears to my eyes, because I constantly feel as though I must restrain myself and the things I offer to others. Not to focus on the negative, but, I have received PM's, here, telling me that "people don't want my empathy", after I have offered, what others might see as too much empathy in a thread. So, I have conditioned myself, out of respect for others, but, pressure builds up inside me, as a result. I am glad to know that I don't have to give it any thought with you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, here. May I copy it? I would love to share it with my students, and others, and, I would be grateful to have a copy, to refer back to, as needed/desired, if ok with you. :flower: :study: I'm not a cat person, however, I very much like this cat emoji. :cat: Off topic, I wonder if I am the only aspie in the world (apart from DeepHour) who has a bit of an aversion to cats. It truly does appear that most aspies are cat lovers. Thank you, again, a b !

it is public domain AFAIK so feel free to distribute it to whomever you feel it will comfort. :) and I must say I have a dog aversion as I've been bitten many times. dogs don't seem to care too much for me, I am not the alpha that they expect. and anybody who would tell you "I don't want your empathy," leave them to god.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like cats----but I don't really care for feral cats; I'm really scared of them. Are you a dog lover? I feel people deserve all the empathy they can get.

my sister rescued a feral cat she found, who was starving, diseased and feverish and pregnant. that was 14 years ago, the cat is still with her as a lap cat with attitude. :cat:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:41 pm

Are Feral cats the more wild cats of which can live outdoors for the most part?

I have only bonded with a couple dogs in my lifetime. One is my sister's dog. What is so amazing is that from our initial meeting, we immediately bonded, and we can read each other. She loves when I come to visit. She stays by my side the entire time I am at my sister's house and she loves to play soccer and go for walks with me. I could honestly call her my best friend and companion. I love her with all my heart. I have never felt this way about an animal. I grew up with 2 dogs a 2 cats. 1 dog and 2 cats at a time. I have never bonded with cats, and they bother me, quite frankly. They act bossy and controlling and they don't respect personal boundaries. Including nice cats. Anyway, I am rambling.

Do you have a cat/cats, kk? Or, a dog? Do you like dogs? We once had a horse, and I absolutely love horses. I bond with horses, quite easily. They are exquisite creatures. I am also fond of cows. I don't come across them, but on the rare occasion, but, I adore them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:49 pm

This is going to sound funny: but I had a cat who was my best friend when I was 15. She was a grey Persian longhair who, basically, prevented me from going over the "deep end."

I used to be rather severely afraid of dogs---but I came around as an adult. Nowadays, though I'm scared a little sometimes, I can pet dogs, and play with them.

A feral cat is, basically, a domesticated cat who was once in a home, but either was forced from a home, or left it on its own accord. Subsequent generations of cats from this one cat are also probably considered "feral." Not quite "wild," like a bobcat---but really close.

There are feral humans, too. They are the ones who were raised by animals, and have difficulty adjusting to "civilization."

I like horses, too---though I'm afraid to ride them because I was thrown from one when I was 8. I was made to get back on the horse by a camp counselor, resulting in me falling again. The horse was a temperamental horse, and I should never have been riding him/her. I do feel a bond when I'm around horses, though. I used to enjoy the show "Mr. Ed" very much when I was a kid. And I enjoyed other shows about horses, too.

I don't know that much about cows; I haven't been around them that much.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm

my dad as a child had a pet farm cow, a bull named Ferdinand, who acted like a dog.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it is public domain AFAIK so feel free to distribute it to whomever you feel it will comfort. :) and I must say I have a dog aversion as I've been bitten many times. dogs don't seem to care too much for me, I am not the alpha that they expect. and anybody who would tell you "I don't want your empathy," leave them to god.

Ok, I will do. Thank you, a b ! Interestingly, it wasn't the people I had been empathetic towards, but, rather, others in the threads. It has not occurred for a couple years. It has helped to acquire knowledge regarding the vastly differing ways that we can all process emotions. I do wish to respect others needs, and level of comfort. Anyway, thank you, again. :mrgreen: :study: :flower: :geek: :cherry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm

Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ok, I will do. Thank you, a b ! Interestingly, it wasn't the people I had been empathetic towards, but, rather, others in the threads. It has not occurred for a couple years. It has helped to acquire knowledge regarding the vastly differing ways that we can all process emotions. I do wish to respect others needs, and level of comfort. Anyway, thank you, again. :mrgreen: :study: :flower: :geek: :cherry:

prego :) be aware that some people react badly to kindness.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:
squeak. Image

Mickey Mouse is having a nasty divorce with Minnie Mouse.
Judge: "I'm sorry Mr Mouse , but after reading your statement I can't grant you grounds for divorce because your wife has buck teeth"
Mickey: "I didn't say she had buck teeth, I said she was f*****g goofy!"

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my dad as a child had a pet farm cow, a bull named Ferdinand, who acted like a dog.

How lovely! Ferdinand. That is a wonderful name for a cow/ bull. I would have enjoyed meeting him. It would have been interesting to observe a dog-like disposition in a bull. :cat: :cherry: :flower: :geek: :study: :mrgreen: I can hardly bare to use these emoji's as they remind me of SSF and I miss her, profoundly.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:10 pm

"SSF"? can you tell me who was that person? and Ferdinand would be so glad to see my dad when he came home from school, that he would sidle up to him sorta prancing sideways, tail swishing about, mooing loudly.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:10 pm

I never really gave much thought to cows until I saw them in India. And there's no way to really describe how amazing they can be in writing.
Decided I was going to take a picture of every one that I saw, but gave up after a day. Then broke my camera while holding it between my toes in order to film a scooter ride.

Not sure that I could possibly offer adequate tribute to auntblabbly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:12 pm

I feel it’s better to have offer “inadequate” tribute than no tribute at all.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:22 pm

Is there a "pot of gold" emoji?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
I never really gave much thought to cows until I saw them in India. And there's no way to really describe how amazing they can be in writing. Decided I was going to take a picture of every one that I saw, but gave up after a day. Then broke my camera while holding it between my toes in order to film a scooter ride. Not sure that I could possibly offer adequate tribute to auntblabbly.

thank you for thinking of me :flower: