What things do you think shouldn't have been invented?

Page 29 of 34 [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 12:02 am

The strap. What did teachers get out of harming their students?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 12:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The strap. What did teachers get out of harming their students?

Violence was thought to be an appropriate means by which to enforce authority.
And we wonder why people were so f****d up back then. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 5:10 pm

Cities like Dubai, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and etc or in essence any cities with really dry climates and/or massive urban sprawl.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 1:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Conscription.

I wouldn't oppose conscription in a country like France, Germany, or Russia where a drafted soldier is actually safer than a civilian because most deaths in a good amount of wars were mostly civilian. l.

Faulty reasoning.

The fact that more civilians than soldiers died in a particular war in a particular place doesnt necessarily mean that it was "safer to be a soldier than to be a civilian". The population of civilians is always much larger than the population of soldiers. If your comparing safety/danger what matters is the proportion of people in each group who die, not the actual number. Even in the worst genocidal wars a greater proportion of soldiers die than civilians. More Soviet civilians died in WWII than Soviet soldiers. But the proportion of deaths in the Red Army was still greater than that of civilians.

More Americans die every two months on the highway than died in the Twin Towers on 9-11.

But that doesnt mean that it was "safer to be in the Twin Towers in 9-11 than to be a motorist in normal times".

Good point.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 2:12 pm

I wish nuclear weapons would of never been invented.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 3:47 pm

The political compass.

What the heck is libertarian right, authoritarian right, and left, and etc. It just seems incredibly vague to me and they even have some of the dumbest questions such as are companies hurting the plant seeds of developing countries as if that was an opinion.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 3:58 pm

I wish that the 7.62x51mm NATO and the .308 Winchester would of never been invented as replacements to the .30-06 Springfield.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 7:11 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Nuclear weapons are kind of a necessary evil because mutual assured destruction is one of the biggest reasons a war like WW2 probably wouldn't happen again.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 7:21 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish dividend paying stocks did not have to be invented to keep investors.i wish every stock could be a good investment yet pay no dividend.I especially wish that dividend traps and stock market dogs and long-term low to no return to negative return dividend paying stocks would of never been invented or came into being.I wish no religious Christian holidays like Christmas,Thanksgiving to a certain but lesser extent and Easter would of never been invented.

I like the idea of a gift giving holiday for children and people who don't have jobs to buy gifts. I can heavily agree with you that Christmas is being commercialized and milked for profits.

Okay I was meaning I wish Christmas was not invented to celebrate religiously.But I dont have a job and I have no money of my own so it kind of makes me feel bad.

I'm sorry for that I hope you can find a job and get some money of your own sometime soon.

well I wont be able to get control over any of my own money soon because of the 2000 dollar rule which is another thing I wish was never invented.I am not legally allowed to have a full-time job.I wish church buildings would of never been invented.I wish Dave Ramsey's all debt is bad debt philosophy would of never been invented.I wish that fracking would of never been had to been invented to restore Texan and American oil and gas production.I wish that Standard Oil and Chevron and ExxonMobil would of never been invented.I wish that City-Data and Reddit would of never been invented.I wish government bonds would of never been invented.

I am also on City-Data and Reddit but hardly ever use City-Data and there are parts of Reddit that are pretty cool like the r/autisticpride group and stuff like that. However the site I am most heavily involved on is Quora and I have the same exact username as I do here on wrongplanet.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 7:23 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish that the 7.62x51mm NATO and the .308 Winchester would of never been invented as replacements to the .30-06 Springfield.

Why do you say "would of never"? It's would have never.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm

Amusement park food particularly at places such as Hollywood Studios because you are pretty much being ripped of if you buy it. A lot of times if you order something like a burger it isn't warm and the cheese isn't even melted like a burger should and besides its more expensive than a place that serves better food.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:53 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Why do you say "would of never"? It's would have never.

I dont take english classes anymore so I dont view grammar as a super high priority.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:55 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish dividend paying stocks did not have to be invented to keep investors.i wish every stock could be a good investment yet pay no dividend.I especially wish that dividend traps and stock market dogs and long-term low to no return to negative return dividend paying stocks would of never been invented or came into being.I wish no religious Christian holidays like Christmas,Thanksgiving to a certain but lesser extent and Easter would of never been invented.

I like the idea of a gift giving holiday for children and people who don't have jobs to buy gifts. I can heavily agree with you that Christmas is being commercialized and milked for profits.

Okay I was meaning I wish Christmas was not invented to celebrate religiously.But I dont have a job and I have no money of my own so it kind of makes me feel bad.

I'm sorry for that I hope you can find a job and get some money of your own sometime soon.

well I wont be able to get control over any of my own money soon because of the 2000 dollar rule which is another thing I wish was never invented.I am not legally allowed to have a full-time job.I wish church buildings would of never been invented.I wish Dave Ramsey's all debt is bad debt philosophy would of never been invented.I wish that fracking would of never been had to been invented to restore Texan and American oil and gas production.I wish that Standard Oil and Chevron and ExxonMobil would of never been invented.I wish that City-Data and Reddit would of never been invented.I wish government bonds would of never been invented.

I am also on City-Data and Reddit but hardly ever use City-Data and there are parts of Reddit that are pretty cool like the r/autisticpride group and stuff like that. However the site I am most heavily involved on is Quora and I have the same exact username as I do here on wrongplanet.

wow thats kool.I dont use City-Data anymore but it was real fun helping people decide where to live.I just like to view Reddit as a guest.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 2:00 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Nuclear weapons are kind of a necessary evil because mutual assured destruction is one of the biggest reasons a war like WW2 probably wouldn't happen again.

Ya Thats true but its scary knowing billions of people could get nuked in a single day.Its kind of the lesser of two evils thing.At least it helped us win the war albeit in a very horrible way.I also wish ballistic missiles would of never been invented so you could defend against a nuclear strike easier.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 8:01 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

wow thats kool.I dont use City-Data anymore but it was real fun helping people decide where to live.I just like to view Reddit as a guest.

I love spreadsheets they are really fun and help you to decide things that you don't have to use unreliable GoToQuiz or Buzzfeed personality tests that are most likely inaccurate and spreadsheets are kind of my hobby along with geography and mapmaking. I really like GIS because it kind of combines the two and I am taking my next semester of college in that subject.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 10:10 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I love spreadsheets they are really fun and help you to decide things that you don't have to use unreliable GoToQuiz or Buzzfeed personality tests that are most likely inaccurate and spreadsheets are kind of my hobby along with geography and mapmaking. I really like GIS because it kind of combines the two and I am taking my next semester of college in that subject.

Oh awesome.I am thinking about starting a online geography and real estate website at some point.I love doing math calculations for fun as hobby.