Do you like seeing 3D movies at the theater?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2018, 8:37 pm

I've seen some 3D movies recently where you put on 3D glasses.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 9:30 pm

No, because tickets for 3D movies in my area tend to be expensive, some close to ten dollars.

Conner42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2018, 9:42 pm

I really, really hate 3D.

I think it's because I already wear glasses so wearing glasses on top of glasses feels kind of uncomfortable.

But even when everything is adjusted, the 3D never really adds anything to the movie and, after a while, I don't really notice it anymore. And when it is noticeable, it really just kind of looks weird.

I'm hoping it's a trend that will go away soon, but I guess people really like it and people keep paying to see films in 3D even though I have never seen a movie that made the 3D worth even when the critics say "It really makes a difference this time" They were talking about Gravity at the time...the 3D really didn't do anything for me.

From what I know, it might also be a a cheap way for people to make more money really easily. I've heard of some stories where the 3D was added at the last minute and the movie would actually end up looking pretty terrible because of it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 1:03 am

I've only seen one 3D movie so far, and that was Finding Dory when it came out. At first I was very anxious and worried the 3D effects would induce headaches or motion sickness, but I settled down pretty quickly and enjoyed the movie.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 5:25 am

I was never into the whole 3D thing. 2D is enough for me.

The only movie I recall seeing in 3D was James Cameron's Avatar back when it premiered.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 11:35 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
I was never into the whole 3D thing. 2D is enough for me.

Agreed, but I can go for HD. Besides, how can anyone stand to wear those 3D glasses?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 11:35 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
No, because tickets for 3D movies in my area tend to be expensive, some close to ten dollars.

8O

$10?

A regular movie ticket costs something like $14 here, and 3D are more like $20.. more for D-box seating/reserved seats etc like $23 or some BS. That’s a small part of why I only bother to go to a movie in a theatre about once every 8-12 months.

I like 3D movies, though. Best was when Avatar came out. 8)

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2018, 4:19 pm

I do not; whenever I watch one, it feels like my personal space is being invaded. It's possible the movies I saw didn't use 3D well, rather than me being the problem, but I have no interest in giving it another chance. It makes the intense, danger-filled scenes a lot scarier than they're likely intended to be.

I'm reminded of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmjOdfVmIRo