What is your favorite USA state and region

Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:52 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Montana and Washington State; the rural Pacific Northwest.

what about it and why do you like the pacific northwest?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:57 pm

I like the southeast best. My favorite states are Georgia where I grew up and Louisiana because New Orleans is the coolest city I have ever been to. You won't find any other city in the US like it!

I also would love to visit Hawaii one day. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:59 pm

New Orleans is a city onto itself.

It is neither Northern, Southern, Eastern, or Western.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 7:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's very much a part of the South, just different from the rest of the cities in this region. They have their own rich history and unique culture.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 7:03 pm

Right. I know what you mean.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 7:03 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
Montana and Washington State; the rural Pacific Northwest.

what about it and why do you like the pacific northwest?

Beautiful landscapes and perfect solitude.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

I like Georgia not only for it's natural beauty but because of the strong sense of community in this area. People really do look out for each other here, unlike Florida. I can't stand living in Florida because the only good thing about this state are the beaches which attract rude tourists from everywhere who all drive terribly. :x

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:05 pm

My favorite region is New England.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm

AlanMooresBeard wrote:
I really enjoyed my stay in California when I visited the US 4 years ago. I stayed in San Francisco, Cayucos, San Diego and Los Angeles over the course of 2 weeks so I got a pretty good look at the state during that time. I would love to do a tour of the Northeast at some point. I spent some time in Boston on a previous trip and I passed through Connecticut and Rhode Island on the Amtrak to New York where I saw some lovely scenery especially in Connecticut so it would be great to spend some time touring the region. I would also like to go to the Pacific Northwest which looks like a really interesting part of the US to visit.

Those are good preferences.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:09 pm

My favorite states are California (Where I live) and Maine. New England and Northwestern states are my favorite. For a Northwestern state I would choose Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. Places with more shy and reserved people.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Probably because it's originally French and that's why its so unique.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:13 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I like the southeast best. My favorite states are Georgia where I grew up and Louisiana because New Orleans is the coolest city I have ever been to. You won't find any other city in the US like it!

Cool good historical sites are in the Southeast and Northeast. Seems like more east you go the more historical it gets.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:45 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Cool good historical sites are in the Southeast and Northeast. Seems like more east you go the more historical it gets.

It seems like in the Southeast where I live most of the historic stuff is related to the American Civil War and the Civil Rights movement. I don't really care about wars because they depress me but I like seeing old cemeteries and visiting Antebellum houses and churches and learning about some of the history that wasn't about the Civil War.

Like the history of Coca Cola which was invented in Atlanta, Georgia and the Trail of Tears. Also Louisiana itself is full of interesting and unique history along with ghost stories, voodoo, good food, and jazz music. I want to go back and visit so badly! 8)

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

It seems like in the Southeast where I live most of the historic stuff is related to the American Civil War and the Civil Rights movement. I don't really care about wars because they depress me but I like seeing old cemeteries and visiting Antebellum houses and churches and learning about some of the history that wasn't about the Civil War.

Like the history of Coca Cola which was invented in Atlanta, Georgia and the Trail of Tears. Also Louisiana itself is full of interesting and unique history along with ghost stories, voodoo, good food, and jazz music. I want to go back and visit so badly! 8)

A lot of history in those two events. Is Coca Cola your favorite soda?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 10:02 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

A lot of history in those two events. Is Coca Cola your favorite soda?

Yup. I like Pepsi and Dr. Pepper too. But I feel proud that Coca Cola came from my state. 8)

I have two vintage posters of ladies in Victorian dresses drinking coca cola that I bought from the World of Coca Cola gift shop

I also would LOVE to get this Pepsi one for my birthday!

Ladies wore such pretty fashions back then! :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 12:22 am

I like Canada. at least the southern parts of it. though I was [in 1991] briefly in West Edmonton AB, in December- everything was frozen. but they had the world's largest shopping mall there, 3 stories tall and 150 blinkin' acres! so I paid 'em a visit. other than that, I far prefer Washington state in the western half.