Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

I get a lot of house flies, so I ended up buying that clear plastic box on a stick like in a post above. But I ended up killing them try to get the door closed. So now I just pull out the vacuum & suck them up. Bugs are a dime a million, so I don't feel too bad when the go that way.

When I was living in Germany, I had giant wolf spiders! Awesome critters. I think that is what they were - dark grey & prickly legs. When they saw me moving, they'd freeze hoping I wouldn't see them. Sometimes I didn't and a foot was on top of them, but their prickly legs warned me not to step any further! I just see a multitude of daddy-long-legs and midgets spiders here.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:36 pm

I put them outside if it's Summer, late Spring or early Autumn, but let them stay in the house when the weather gets really cold.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 10:20 am

I love spiders, ever since I was a little girl. The fact that most other humans dislike & fear them only makes me like spiders even more. I will put spiders outside if I think they make get hurt inside, otherwise I leave them alone. Sometimes they do startle me, like when I was weeding in the alley this summer & a very large cross orb weaver crawled onto my bicep. I thought a weed was tickling me. 8O :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Oct 2018, 7:29 pm

I kinda want a pet tarantula but I'll never be able to have one with my girlfriend's arachnophobia. I kinda want a pet scorpion too(they're $20 at PetSmart) but Cass doesn't want me to get one of those either :( She's worried about it being dangerous but that's the appeal about both those animals.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition