What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Astridlora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2018, 2:24 pm

I'm having a quiet Christmas this year with my boyfriend and our children. What about you?

3subjectnotebook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2018, 2:34 pm

Hopefully, I get to spend it with family this time around in England
Hey!
question..Are you really 21 Astridlora?, I could have sworn I read somewhere that you said .something like.....and now look six years down the line, who would have thought that I would be able to get 2 kids and a husband/boyfriend
..don't remember verbatim...I mean....kudos to you

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2018, 2:49 pm

Probably heading up to my grandma's place in Utah with the rest of my family.

Astridlora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2018, 2:51 pm

3subjectnotebook wrote:
Hopefully, I get to spend it with family this time around in England
Hey!
question..Are you really 21 Astridlora?, I could have sworn I read somewhere that you said .something like.....and now look six years down the line, who would have thought that I would be able to get 2 kids and a husband/boyfriend
..don't remember verbatim...I mean....kudos to you

I am 21, I just had my first daughter when I was still considered too young but I won’t go into that as it’s personal. I met my boyfriend when I was seventeen it was like love at first sight. But yes I am 21 it’s just that I had a something that changed me forever and I moved forward with my life and wanted to waste no time as you don’t know how long you have on this world. Also just to note my mother already had my older brother and was married to my father when she was 20. The only thing that was a little too soon was my first daughter but that's complicated to explain.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Nov 2018, 3:01 pm

I don't really have any plans except my girlfriend's family may have a gathering a few days before since the buses won't be running that day.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Astridlora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2018, 3:08 pm

nick007 wrote:
I don't really have any plans except my girlfriend's family may have a gathering a few days before since the buses won't be running that day.

That sounds nice for you all. Family gatherings are always nice at Christmas.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Nov 2018, 3:26 pm

Astridlora wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Me & Cass visited my family for Christmas the 1st few years after I moved up here. My parents aren't really getting together with the rest of the family anymore & Cass rathers spend the holidays with her family. We did do the Christmas get together thing with her family in the middle of the month before we went down. Last year we went down to seem my family in February & we did the Christmas gift giving thing then. I'm not sure when we're going down to see them this year.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Astridlora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2018, 3:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
Astridlora wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Me & Cass visited my family for Christmas the 1st few years after I moved up here. My parents aren't really getting together with the rest of the family anymore & Cass rathers spend the holidays with her family. We did do the Christmas get together thing with her family in the middle of the month before we went down. Last year we went down to seem my family in February & we did the Christmas gift giving thing then. I'm not sure when we're going down to see them this year.

Sometimes you have to celebrate Christmas at a different time of the year in order for the whole family to get together. And sometimes families stop coming over for Christmas, my grandparents no longer come down at Christmas but they did for three years in a row before suddenly stopping. My father used to work away and sometimes we celebrated Christmas in January or February. Christmas is after all more about family than presents so we were happy to wait for him to come home before celebrating :) .

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 7:34 pm

Being with my family, but hoping my d-bag uncles don't show up because they ruined Christmas last year.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 8:00 pm

I haven't planned Christmas yet. I'm hoping to wake up with my boyfriend on Christmas morning and then get him to run me to my parents house with their presents so that I can spend the rest of the day with my family. That is just a thought of mine that I haven't discussed with anyone yet, so it depends on what my boyfriend wants to do. He might come up with the same plan, as it does sound like something he'd plan.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 11:46 pm

The usual.. spoiling a bunch of kids, friends, and family with presents. Christmas day will be at my parents I believe. Not sure who all is coming of my siblings and their families, but could be a very full house from breakfast until dessert & drinks. Or could be that some of them come and go etc. But it's always good times, a fantastic spread of food & drinks, and happy spoiled kids.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 7:58 am

Church activities, including singing in the choir and social events
Spending time with family and friends
Christmas party at work

Diana Short
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2018, 8:05 am

I'm singing in our local church choir this year as well, on Christmas Eve just like I did last year. I like singing especially around Christmas time.

This year we're having my brother and his girlfriend over on Christmas Day but that's about it. I like Christmas Eve best, such a warm and peaceful night. I sit with my family on Christmas Eve and usually have a cuddle with my parents.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 8:40 am

I just bought one new Christmas decoration today. All the decorations we usually put up are in the loft, and my parents are avoiding going up there because we keep getting animal infestations (hornets, bees, rats etc.), so I've decided I'm going to buy new decorations and only put those up. I'm planning on going out every few days over the next month and getting one or two decorations each time, gradually bringing the Christmas spirit into the house. Last Christmas was kind of sucky for me, so I'm going to try to make this Christmas as fun as possible. Lots of music, food and some games should do the trick. I saw an ad in a magazine I bought yesterday for a Winnie-the-Pooh handbag, and I'm going to order it for my mother just before Christmas.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 9:44 am

Just hang out with my family at home, play video games and hope that it snows. I get to spend my Christmas money on Black Friday so I’ll have plenty of things to enjoy.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 1:14 pm

I'll probably be spending a few days with my parents. My immediate family and relatives will be having turkey dinner at my parents place.