I have something special to celebrate in 2019.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

This year is the 30th Anniversary of the coming down of The Berlin Wall. All the more reason for me to love myself the way that I am helmets, flags and all. Instead of trying to do Swinging London, I will put my sights on this instead. What a perfect thing for me to celebrate. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:11 pm

Does anyone else have something special to celebrate this year?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Mar 2019, 4:29 am

I'm glad you won't celebrate the 80th aniversary of something different...

For me, 1989 has more local and very important meaning. I still remember it, thought of course as a small child I understood very little back then... but streets were full of demonstrations and adults were so excited!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 5:26 am

I’m here. According to my surgeon I was not expected to survive my tongue cancer.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 7:42 am

Like JFK's assassination and the explosion of the Challenger, I remember clearly the day I had learned the Berlin wall had come down. I had been in a wilderness situation for three weeks with no news. Usually when I come out, I remark that in three weeks, the news hadn't changed. But this time was a shocker. I had grown up thinking the Berlin wall would be there forever and it was amazing that it came down and Germans could reunite.

I'm not sure I have anything particularly special to celebrate, but I do try to celebrate each day as a gift of life.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 11:51 am

I can't believe it's been 30 years since the wall fell.... I remember the news well, and our teacher told us that we were witnessing history and that it would be something to tell our kids.
Later on there were ads selling pieces of the wall. Pieces of a wall at any rate!

This year is the 25th anniversary for a pet joining our family, but that would be much more special if she was still alive, so I don't see this year as very special.
Will be celebrating our usual birthdays though, and also celebrate "our" wolves as our favorites in particular turn 7 and 11 years old :heart: At going on 11, Denali the Rocky Mountain wolf is the oldest wolf ever to be in Exhibit Pack with his younger pack mates rather than in retired pack. He is an amazing and beautiful wolf and he deserves to be celebrated :heart:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 9:08 am

The Berlin Wall fell on the eve of my 25th birthday. I remember watching it on the news.