Hobby would you get into if time, money weren’t issues?

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Mar 2019, 6:31 am

TUF wrote:
This will probably have people questioning how girly I am, I don't care.

Making dolls houses and making little furniture for them. I'm dyspraxic so a lot of it would be just painting and things like that. I'd try to make houses I've been in and houses I've lived in and houses I've read about. All in miniature.

Trouble is 1 it costs a fortune 2 it takes a lot of time 3 even one dolls' house is a massive space invader in a little one roomed cabin like mine. I'd need a mansion and then there'd be pressure, internal and external, to invite people to go and have a look at the dolls' houses. Because in my ideal world, they'd be perfect replicas.

I too am taken by the attraction of building miniature dolls houses. Don't worry about being thought girly; CG Jung built a miniature village in his backyard - highly beneficial to his health.

Have you considered starting with one room? Would you build it yourself? What wood? And for miniature pieces, I've seen some nice ones on eBay, not too expensive. Could you make your own furniture? I find this fascinating.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 9:50 pm

Hobbies I'd like to get into if I had the time/talent/money would be guitar and drawing, especially animation.