Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

25 May 2019, 10:22 am

I believe creativity to be very important. I much prefer to see home made (Scratchbuilt) trains and rolling stock then ones that were bought in a shop. The homemade ones have character, even if they are rather crude. They tell a story of those who made them. Even a kit built item can be made in a very individualistic way.

I will see if I can copy a photo of my loco number 1.

https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... &mode=view

I hope no one minds me copying that link. If ir is a problem I will remove it.

The loco was made from a kit but has gone through many modifications and little alterations. These are the type of trains I like making. Slightly unique, my little railway will be doing its own thing. I make my own couplings and nameplates for economy reasons, and just because I can. I am not interested in conformity, hence why I model in 7mm narrow gauge which I find really lends itself to my style of creative modelling.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

26 May 2019, 4:44 pm

Anyone else enjoy a creative hobby?