Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 12:19 pm

She peed in one of her box with toys in it, should I wash it or throw it away?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

29 May 2019, 12:25 pm

Wash. Assuming the box is washable. Wipe it down with perfumed dissinfectant. Why not put a cat litter tray there fot the cat to use?

Alterity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2019, 9:20 pm

Depends what it's made of... Cat pee is very resilient so Clorox, fantastic, Nature's miracle works quite well but not as harsh. There's another cleaner Jackson Galaxy recommends for cat urine I can't remember the name. The harsher chemical ones you'll need to make sure are dry before the box is exposed to the kitty again.

Why did your cat per in the toy box? Was it's litter box dirty?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:22 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Wash. Assuming the box is washable. Wipe it down with perfumed dissinfectant. Why not put a cat litter tray there fot the cat to use?

It was a cardboard box

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:28 pm

Alterity wrote:
Depends what it's made of... Cat pee is very resilient so Clorox, fantastic, Nature's miracle works quite well but not as harsh. There's another cleaner Jackson Galaxy recommends for cat urine I can't remember the name. The harsher chemical ones you'll need to make sure are dry before the box is exposed to the kitty again.

Why did your cat per in the toy box? Was it's litter box dirty?

Yes, sometimes I feel like a bad mom. Can I wash her toys?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

31 May 2019, 4:56 pm

Of corse you can wash her toys. As long as the toys don't have glue that falls apart if they are wet. Other then that, go for it!