Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 7:43 pm

This is for all things traditional, especially for the things still made.
Things like this:

https://www.pashley.co.uk/bikes/bicycles/guv-nor.php#

And music like this:

https://youtu.be/G0Thn9ay1rw

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 6:53 am

Tradition is cool.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 9:31 am

I love the simplicity of it. :) I think things are soo complicated today.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 11:20 am

I love learning about traditions and different cultures so much. You could say traditional music, mythology and different customs are one of my special interests!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 11:56 am

AprilR wrote:
I love learning about traditions and different cultures so much. You could say traditional music, mythology and different customs are one of my special interests!

Interesting. History is interesting.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:29 pm

^Yup! Since i'm in Hungary right now here is some Hungarian folk music:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:33 pm

Oh noo. I can only see youtube in link form to click on... Hungary.. Nice. Are you on a holiday?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

Ahh i wish i know how to fix that but idk how! They're a hungarian band called Ghymes i've just discovered and i really love their stuff!

Yeah i am, sadly returning tomorrow though :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 1:18 pm

AprilR wrote:
Ahh i wish i know how to fix that but idk how! They're a hungarian band called Ghymes i've just discovered and i really love their stuff!

Yeah i am, sadly returning tomorrow though :(

Seems like you have had a lovely time. Is there a big difference in where you live and Hungary? I have travelled once to Scotland, A few times to England and all over most of Wales. I rarely go outside of Wales though. Wales, as long as I am in the less crowded parts of Wales, feels safe. I think I would find it a bit scary to go outside of Wales for too long, but if I did go abroad I would want to take my car, because at least in my car I have something familiar to have with me. Not sure if I am making sense!

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:20 pm

Yup, i'm loving it, there's so many historical builddings that are so well-preserved!

Where i live city-wise is mostly like Eastern Europe so yeah there are some similarities though there are differences too!
Ooh Wales is one of the places i want to see most, the celtic culture interests me so much! I've seen some european countries and the states but Asia interests me a lot too. Also you're making perfect sense, the only reason im able to travel so much is bc my family is with me, sometimes my close friend. Still Europe seems a bit scary to me since people here (hungary) for example are a bit cold. Or maybe it's just the people we met, i don't know.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:32 pm

AprilR wrote:
Yup, i'm loving it, there's so many historical builddings that are so well-preserved!

Where i live city-wise is mostly like Eastern Europe so yeah there are some similarities though there are differences too!
Ooh Wales is one of the places i want to see most, the celtic culture interests me so much! I've seen some european countries and the states but Asia interests me a lot too. Also you're making perfect sense, the only reason im able to travel so much is bc my family is with me, sometimes my close friend. Still Europe seems a bit scary to me since people here (hungary) for example are a bit cold. Or maybe it's just the people we met, i don't know.

If you want to explore Wales I know some nice places. I have always lived here and am still finding more to explore and see. :)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 2:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
AprilR wrote:

If you want to explore Wales I know some nice places. I have always lived here and am still finding more to explore and see. :)

I'd love to check those places out! Hopefully i'll visit when i have enough money and time!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:33 pm

AprilR wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
AprilR wrote:

I'd love to check those places out! Hopefully i'll visit when i have enough money and time!

No problem. :)