Guest house. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Duplex. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Other. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2019, 2:16 pm

Well, for me, its a medium sized apartment. It has enough room for about 3-4 people, there are 2 rooms, living room and a small kitchen and shower. I live in a big city(Jerusalem), so larger apartments are very expensive here.
I also used to live in a smaller apartment by myself alone(netanya). It was a one room studio apartment.
I'm assuming most Americans live in large houses, eh? Especially in smaller cities and rural areas.
To be honest, I was always kinda pissed off at the fact you are kind of forced to live in a small apartment / small house whe nyou're in a big city, because prices are high and there is also high demand.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:25 pm

I live in an early 20th Century terraced house, of the sort that is sometimes described as a 'two up, two down'.

On the subject of prices, I bought a studio flat in London in the late 1990s for £35,000. It would cost £200,000-£250,000 now. The housing market in many parts of the UK has gone insane over the last two decades. Incredibly, some people see this as a good thing.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:37 pm

I live in a 1 bedroom housing association flat . You have to go up a flight of steps to get to it. There is one other flat next to mine . There are 5x 2 flats blocks .

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm

Live in my Mums house. We have a house, a barn and two little fields and a workshop/shed, a challet and a little shed and another shed, and two duck pens and a tý bach... Oh. And a greenhouse which has seen better days! Also have a pond which is fed by more then one spring... The house is difficult to date. It was built before the 1600's as we know that because the thatch roof blew off in a storm and landed on a neighbours property back in the early 1600's during Storm Timotei. (They used to name storms by the name of the first ship that went down, hence we found a date for when the thatch came off). The house is likely to be much older then that though it has been rebuilt many times over the years.
There is a "Llan" two fields away which is where our origional village started. A Llan is an early Christian settlement dating back between the 4th and at the latest, the 6th centuary AD. About a mile away is a burial mound. The early Christians never buried their dead where they lived. It was always at the very least half a mile away but usually a mile to two miles away from where they lived. The reason for this is that any evil spirit which was in any of the people who died would not enter one of them. It makes sense to me.
About a hundred or two hundred yards from the Llan, was a very small cell building where the early Saint used to pray.
We recently found out that our house may have had a windmill, which makes sense, as about 40 yards away is a place where there is said to be wind even on the calmest summers day. I can certainly vouch for the place as when I have stood there (Which is just inside the forest which this house used to own), there has been wind blowing there.
Here is a photo of the view of the estuary below taken from just up our drive.

I live on a mountain near the sea.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 4:46 pm

In a two story apartment. Two rooms, one bathroom, with a small balcony on front.
In a flood-prone village within a subdivision too.

The reason why we hadn't moved out because it's has the cheapest rent available to my household... For the last decade or so. Cheap. As in, less than 100USD per month cheap.
It's supposedly near as 2/3 more expensive as our current rate, if it weren't for the fact that we're living here for over 10 years now.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
In a two story apartment. Two rooms, one bathroom, with a small balcony on front.

The reason why we hadn't moved out because it's has the cheapest rent available to my household... For the last decade or so. Cheap. As in, less than 100USD per month cheap.
It's supposedly near as 2/3 more expensive as our current rate, if it weren't for the fact that we're living here for over 10 years now.

Flood prone.

I do hope where you are is safe.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:41 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Flood prone.

I do hope where you are is safe.

From where I live, we call it 'normal annoyances/inconveniences'. Because we deal with typhoons on yearly basis.

But thanks for the concern.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:21 pm

Our home is small, by US standards. But, we are grateful for a roof.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Live in my Mums house. We have a house, a barn and two little fields and a workshop/shed, a challet and a little shed and another shed, and two duck pens and a tý bach... Oh. And a greenhouse which has seen better days! Also have a pond which is fed by more then one spring... The house is difficult to date. It was built before the 1600's as we know that because the thatch roof blew off in a storm and landed on a neighbours property back in the early 1600's during Storm Timotei. (They used to name storms by the name of the first ship that went down, hence we found a date for when the thatch came off). The house is likely to be much older then that though it has been rebuilt many times over the years.
There is a "Llan" two fields away which is where our origional village started. A Llan is an early Christian settlement dating back between the 4th and at the latest, the 6th centuary AD. About a mile away is a burial mound. The early Christians never buried their dead where they lived. It was always at the very least half a mile away but usually a mile to two miles away from where they lived. The reason for this is that any evil spirit which was in any of the people who died would not enter one of them. It makes sense to me.
About a hundred or two hundred yards from the Llan, was a very small cell building where the early Saint used to pray.
We recently found out that our house may have had a windmill, which makes sense, as about 40 yards away is a place where there is said to be wind even on the calmest summers day. I can certainly vouch for the place as when I have stood there (Which is just inside the forest which this house used to own), there has been wind blowing there.

Wow, you have your own little piece of heaven Mountain Goat! I love it. :heart:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:46 pm

"Large, single-family detached dwelling in a pleasant neighborhood near schools, shopping, and a hospital. 4br, 2.5ba, kit, dr, lr, fr, 3cgg, ac/ch, fplc, cbl. No covenant or committee."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 3:26 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Wow, you have your own little piece of heaven Mountain Goat! I love it. :heart:

If you look across the sea to the left... Just right of the left tree in the first photograph, you get to this place.

Now if you look back on this photograph, you will see a grey bit of land right in the distance. It is where I live, right on top of the hill.
We are going to relocate one of these days though, to somewhere even more exciting!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 4:22 pm

A three-bedroom house with two bathrooms, a garage, a kitchen, and a laundry room.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Aug 2019, 10:25 pm

We live in an old townhouse apartment. It's two bedrooms & our place is kinda small & skinny but we have a basement at least for some storage.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 1:04 am

Some of these options mean nothing to me, presumably for geographical reasons. What is a 'shotgun house' or a 'duplex', for example? I have a fair idea what a 'condo' is, but it's not a term you'll ever hear in the UK to describe a property.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2019, 1:51 am

I live in a semi detached house in a village beside the sea in a very scenic part of north west England. I've always lived beside the sea (except for a brief six months) and would hate to live inland.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 2:39 am

i live in a tin can out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by tall douglas fir trees. nearest neighbor is a few hundred feet away. mostly tin cans out here, surrounded by trees.