Responding to WP discussion-threads @ bottom of 'page 1'.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 6:06 pm

As discussion-threads on 'page 1' naturally receive the most online traffic, it might be helpful to reassess (and respond) to important discussion-threads (which may have become increasingly overlooked); hence placing the thread towards the top of 'page 1.'

Important discussion threads can move-off of 'page 1' , and become listed on 'page 2', and pages beyond - hence sometimes important threads receive less and less online traffic.

I've responded to the thread 'I Hate Holidays' in the 'Random Discussion' thread. Could this apply to all WP Forums?

Any specific threads worth reclaiming?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 6:56 pm

You can pick any thread you want.

In fact if you like a thread, and it has dropped below the horizon of page one because of neglect, and you want to bump up back to page one all that you have to do is post in it. And if you cant think of anything to say you can always just make a post with the word "bump". If you bump the same thread that way too often you can get the Mods angry at you. But you shouldn't need to do that too often.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 3:39 pm

I visit the site so often that I see all thread titles before they go to page 2. But bumping topics from page 2, 3, 4 or even 5 is OK, as it's still pretty recent.