Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2020, 2:15 pm

It's true. You don't get the same effects as when someone else tickles you.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 4:20 pm

I can if I touch a certain part of my side, but it only works in that one specific place (or actually two places, one on each side).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 4:48 pm

I heard that schizophrenic people can tickle themselves but I don't know if that's true or not.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 4:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I heard that schizophrenic people can tickle themselves but I don't know if that's true or not.

Interesting!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 7:38 am

I can tickle my self on the bottom of my feet, I can't stand it

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 8:18 am

I've never been able to tickle myself and find it funny. The thought that schitzophrenic people can tickle themselves and find it funny is amusing, but it does make sense.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 8:31 am

It never actually occurred to me to try :)
I just have to put a certain expression on my face and hold my hand out and move towards them and my little grandsons will already be rolling about laughing hysterically in anticipation of being tickled. They absolutely are ticklish everywhere.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 8:56 am

I've never been ticklish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 10:11 am

Maybe if a person were to inject an anesthesia into their index finger so that the finger would be numb, you could then use the numb finger to tickle yourself.

My theory is that its the combination of the nerve stimuli coming from both the tickling finger and the target body area being tickled hitting your brain simultaneously that causes it ... a cancel-out effect that surpresses the giggle outbursts from tickling.

So..if you could somehow trick your body by numbing your finger (so that only the sensation from the body spot being poked by the finger gets through to your brain, but the sensation from the nerves in your attacking finger are blocked) then you would sidestep this cancel out effect, and your body would be fooled into thinking that you are being poked by a second intrusive person- and you would be tickled- by your own finger. :lol: