Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2021, 8:33 pm

Is there anyone here interested in traffic lights and road signs? I am pretty interested in them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 9:02 pm

i like the 3 colors, but that is all i like about them.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 9:13 pm

https://youtu.be/sONkwcCA2hM

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 9:55 pm

I like the little green man. I always wait for that Sweet Pea before I cross.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 10:15 pm

I guess my answer is YES. Why???? When a stop light goes out, it backs up traffic for miles. And I hate being gridlocked in traffic.

Normally I do not think much about stop lights, except every once and awhile. For example, if we sustain a major solar storm, it has the potential for knocking out a large portion of our electrical grid. Which means stop lights will have no power and in major cities, the effect will produce a massive gridlock. Therefore, I like the newer stop lights that use LED technology because it runs on minimal electricity and is much brighter. Some of these types of stop lights might even have battery backup.

I hate non- conventional stop lights. For example, I have seen stop lights that have 5 lights instead of the normal 3 red/yellow/green. I also prefer vertical stop lights rather than horizontal stop lights. In one city they had a row of stop lights on the freeway. That was totally confusing. The reason why they did it was because some lanes were one direction in the morning and the reverse direction in the afternoon. It is a good way to cause a traffic wreck especially to someone new to the city.

Another reason why I hate non-conventional stop lights is because I am color blind. There are times when I am driving and I will come upon a flashing light. I have to ask my wife if it is flashing yellow or flashing red. And the worst thing about stop lights is when one of the lights is out. It is not always obvious which blackened light is broken.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 3:40 pm

^ afaik they will only flash yellow, as flashing means they're not operational, or flash as a warning to use caution.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 3:43 pm

I've always found road signs really interesting, I don't know why. When I was practicing for the knowledge test to get my permit I spent way too much time trying to memorize all the road signs they listed. lol

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:07 pm

The colours are pretty.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:09 pm

I think it would be cool if --

The traffic lights, they turn blue tomorrow, and shine their emptiness down on my bed.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:17 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ afaik they will only flash yellow, as flashing means they're not operational, or flash as a warning to use caution.

The lightbulbs will burn out of some stop lights and they just go black. So when one bulb is burned out but the other two lights are still operational, it takes a while to realize this is the problem.

For example if the green light burns out. You have a red light, followed by no lights, followed by a yellow light. So you must figure out the problem and then pass through the intersection when you have no lights lit. This seems to be a common problem in Chicago.

----------------
Also in the States, you can have flashing yellow and flashing red. The flashing yellow means proceed with caution. The flashing red means you must come to a full stop and then if no traffic present, proceed through the stop light. A flashing red light is the same as a stop sign.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 4:20 pm

No, my special interests are mostly in the normal range.

auntblabby wrote:

You are also in the normal range then. btw whos that in your avatar, for some reason it reminds me of Lenny Bruce.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 11:34 pm

theprisoner wrote:
No, my special interests are mostly in the normal range.

auntblabby wrote:

You are also in the normal range then. btw whos that in your avatar, for some reason it reminds me of Lenny Bruce.

the actor art carney, in character as henry corwin, a dissipated dep't. store santa whose best days were behind him until xmas night, when things turned around for him, on The Twilight Zone.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 10:22 pm

They have to be there for commuters, so I have no opinion.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

27 Jan 2021, 8:56 am

Mhm, I like them and I always look after them when walking the streets. I turn my head.

I like lights in general, from my readings it's a common interest on the spectrum. It's very unisex, it's never female labeled nor male while still being very noticeable. It's pretty cool.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.