Any interesting (sleep) dreams lately?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 2:33 pm

Anybody experience interesting sleep dreams lately? With all of the news on the Corona-Virus, I've personally experienced very little in the way of dreams related to current events. I find it most remarkable to have dreams NOT related to current events.

Just before our region, and state were placed into a shelter-at-home order, I had (so far) the only dream related to current events:

>>>>> START of dream description <<<<

I was carrying around one, or two drawings or paintings (created on three-feet long, and two-feet wide inflexible) poster boards; all while riding a bicycle. I had wanted to stop by a thrift store (housed in a warehouse-type building).

I had decided to purchase an item I had previously passed-up on my previous visit. After bicycling (while grappling with two poster-boards of images in one-hand), I had arrived at this warehouse style thrift-store -whose layout had been rearranged in response to Corona-Virus.

Upon entering the store, I was struck-by how much the store had changed in a matter of days. Only a fraction of the store's space was being used in order to minimize patronage, and encourage social-distancing (come to think of it, quite a few of my previous dreams seemed to involve a "social-distancing of sorts"). A person could count the number of patrons in the store that day on their fingers.

The majority of the warehouse-style store had been partitioned-off with blank canvas partitions. Though a space in the partitions, I had seen an empty, unused space (the entire building had been cleaned, and was brightly-lit).

A once bustling warehouse lit largely by florescent lighting, once had stock organized into varieties of seemingly disorganized lots of items scattered throughout on tables, shelves, and even on pallets on the floor, had given-way to an average sized small sized retail shop of limited (very organized) stock in a clean, well lit space.

I had spotted the items I was seeking. It's almost seemed-like the store's managers had "read my mind" and somehow maintained the group of items on display I was viewing with interest on my previous visit - despite the hectic pace of activities on this store's agendas.

I'm not sure what happened here, but either the specific items I had wanted were not within the display, or I had decided not to bother with purchasing any specific items (after, all, I was still grappling with two poster-board images.....in one hand).

I had left the store, walked through a mostly empty parking-lot looking for my bicycle, yet, I couldn't remember where I had left my bicycle. I was struck by the realization that my bicycle had been stolen! Being a dream, I had sensed I was pre-occupied with two poster-board images, and neglected to secure my bicycle (this is different from my ingrained habit of locking / securing anything I leave in public-spaces).

Not quite sure what happened next, I'm still grappling-with two poster-board images - that I had finally decided to carry (one each in both hands). Around this time, I had noticed that bright, yellow-color taking up about a quarter of the poster-board image - the yellow part of the image was inches from the ground - I also sensed that the image was upside-down. I also sensed that I had a moderately lengthy walk ahead to where that day's journey had begun.

>>>>>> END dream description <<<<<

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 2:41 pm

We already have two competing dream threads in General Discussion. I hope that you are aware of that.