Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 10:36 am

Really the toilet is right there in the same room. No need to pee in the shower.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 10:42 am

Quote:
===================
WrongPlanet Rules
===================

Conduct
-----------
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 10:49 am

oh why not?

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:10 am

Fnord wrote:
Quote:
===================
WrongPlanet Rules
===================

Conduct
-----------
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

Here come the sheriff deputy, you best run :jester:

Fnord right tho. He is such a Cassandra tho.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:11 am

In American homes and more modern European ones, this practice doesn't really make sense.

In older European places I've seen, the toilet and shower are not colocated and it's possible that somebody else is using the toilet or that going from the shower to the toilet would cause water to be dripped all over the floor. In which case, peeing in the shower might be a reasonable alternative to consider.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:12 am

am reminded of the last line in "romeo and juliet" - "You are all punished!"

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:20 am

MaxE wrote:
In American homes and more modern European ones, this practice doesn't really make sense.

In older European places I've seen, the toilet and shower are not colocated and it's possible that somebody else is using the toilet or that going from the shower to the toilet would cause water to be dripped all over the floor. In which case, peeing in the shower might be a reasonable alternative to consider.

A related, disturbing oddity I've seen in old houses in France: the toilet is separate from the bathroom, with no handbasin. The closest place to wash your hands is the kitchen sink.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:20 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
MaxE wrote:

A related, disturbing oddity I've seen in old houses in France: the toilet is separate from the bathroom, with no handbasin. The closest place to wash your hands is the kitchen sink.

is the toilet integrated with a bidet function there?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 12:00 pm

NewTime wrote:
Really the toilet is right there in the same room. No need to pee in the shower.

I've never peed in the shower in my life. The only place I ever pee in is the toilet. I don't wish to train my brain to pee anywhere else but the toilet.

Last edited by Joe90 on 04 Jul 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 12:16 pm

What if you're taking a shower and suddenly you need to pee? Do you get out of the warm water and use the toilet while dripping wet and make a big watery mess, or do you just pee in the shower where it just goes down the drain with no trouble? I don't get why this is such a big deal.

On the other hand, pooping in the shower is really gross. :eew:

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 12:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:
MaxE wrote:

is the toilet integrated with a bidet function there?

Just an ordinary pedastal one. Come to think of it, that implies that the owners replaced the pre-existing squat toilet but didn't think to add a sink while they were at it!

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 6:30 pm

George Costanza (from the "Seinfeld" TV show) peed in a shower, got caught and reported and was banned from the gym. The practice grosses other people out, not so much the idea of their own pee, but the idea of someone else's. Disease, germs come to mind, people think they will get sick or get an STD, they worry about the smell too.

Basically I think it is O.K. if the shower is yours and you own it. Your stuff, your rules. From the medical standpoint, there is really no harm. From the financial standpoint, you save water. Mold grows in showers whether you do or you don't. Bleach it out once a month to kill everything growing in there. Pee is sterile as I'm sure everyone knows? Unless you have a U.T.I. that is, in which case the situation changes.

NOT O.K. if you are a guest or roommate in someone's home. Their stuff, their rules. Bottom line, you have to be considerate of others. Whether they find out or not is not the point, you just have to be respectful of their stuff. That way if they ask you, you can honestly report what they prefer to hear.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2020, 6:31 pm

Alright buddy, thanks for sharing.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 7:09 pm

Meh, how condescending.
Fire away

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 8:32 pm

Sorry if I’m contributing to a discussion that shouldn’t be discussed here, I’ll understand if it’s deleted or something.

At some point when I was in elementary school I had a friend tell me it was okay to pee in the shower because it just gets washed away with the water, so I started doing it mostly just because I could. I don’t do it very often anymore, and would never do it in any shower besides the one at home, but on occasion if I forget to pee before I shower, the warm water makes me really need to pee, and the toilet in the bathroom with a functional shower doesn’t work (as in, it no longer even has water in it because we have two other bathrooms in the house so never got around to getting it fixed), and I’m not going to risk being seen by someone else while I’m naked, so if I was going to use a toilet, I’d have to dry and clothe myself (not trusting myself not to drop a towel I was trying to use to cover up) only to disrobe again and return to the shower when I was done, so especially if it’s near the beginning of the shower when there’s going to be a lot of soapy water going down the drain and over the shower floor afterward, I figure it’s more efficient to just do it there if I suddenly need to pee. I also make sure I’m over the drain when I do it so I can be pretty much certain that it all got washed away and there isn’t any left on the shower floor when I’m done.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 4:11 am

Why is this subject so inappropriate?
Everyone pees! It's a natural bodily function.