Meme names are stupid 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 16

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 6:51 am

Feyokien wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
We actually do have a serious name for him, but it's hard to resist the urge to also call him Big Chungus. Rabbits look so fat. lol

:lol: No one said pets can't have nicknames :wink:. We have 4 cats and like 20 something different nicknames.
You too, eh? Our dogs, turtles and guinea pigs all had one name and plethora of nicknames.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 9:29 am

Only give your pet a name that you feel comfortable responding to when you are waiting at the vets office. My mum learned this lesson the hard way lol

You need to share a photo. We need to see this chunky monkey.

My rabbits have respectable human names (how boring of me) but a million nicknames including little splodge, which one gets called when she sploots (this is a technical term in the bunny community) and her fluff just goes splodge.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 11:05 am

hurtloam wrote:
Only give your pet a name that you feel comfortable responding to when you are waiting at the vets office.

Seconded. Mum and I were having a discussion on daft pet names and Trouser was one that came up though going to the park and shouting FLUFFY COME HERE to your dog would be funny. Dad seems to think Mrs/Mr Chuckles is a good name for a dog while also referring to dog V1 as Mrs Baggins. In addition there are Mr Snuggly, Clunk (noise dog V4 makes when he collides with something) and not forgetting Fuzzy.

Of course, none of these are their real names which I will not reveal to spare them the embarrassment!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 11:23 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Only give your pet a name that you feel comfortable responding to when you are waiting at the vets office. My mum learned this lesson the hard way lol

You need to share a photo. We need to see this chunky monkey.

My rabbits have respectable human names (how boring of me) but a million nicknames including little splodge, which one gets called when she sploots (this is a technical term in the bunny community) and her fluff just goes splodge.

I usually give my pets relatively human names, I feel bad if I name them something dumb which is why "Big Chungus" would be a nickname. Though, making the vet have to call out "Big Chungus?" when it's his turn would be funny and is now tempting.

I've also been trying to get proper pictures of him but he's very excitable. When he's not in his enclosure he's running around (or begging me for pellets and then running off when he doesn't get any...). When I can get an actual proper picture though you can be sure I'll be posting it all over. :wink:

(By the way, your bunny sounds adorable. I love her nickname. lol)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 11:25 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Only give your pet a name that you feel comfortable responding to when you are waiting at the vets office.

Seconded. Mum and I were having a discussion on daft pet names and Trouser was one that came up though going to the park and shouting FLUFFY COME HERE to your dog would be funny. Dad seems to think Mrs/Mr Chuckles is a good name for a dog while also referring to dog V1 as Mrs Baggins. In addition there are Mr Snuggly, Clunk (noise dog V4 makes when he collides with something) and not forgetting Fuzzy.

Of course, none of these are their real names which I will not reveal to spare them the embarrassment!

I've definitely heard some... interesting pet names. I believe someone named their pet Toaster once. :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 11:33 pm

Why not Humongous Chungus?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 12:19 am

What a fun name!

or Roger Rabbid?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 10:37 am

There's a rabbit I follow on Instagram called Lenny Rabbitz

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:59 am

Feyokien wrote:
Maybe something more respectable like Hazel, Fiver, Strawberry, or Bigwig?

Or El-ahrairah if you're into naming your children after religious figures/folk heroes

These suggestions are all approved. Extra approval for the Prince With a Thousand Enemies.

Richard Adams wrote:
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 10:11 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
These suggestions are all approved. Extra approval for the Prince With a Thousand Enemies.

Richard Adams wrote:
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

I was hoping someone would pick on the ref :D

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 10:12 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
I always thought Stu was a good name for a rabbit.

great name :lol:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 8:32 am

Rabbits are the only pets I've had where people make jokes about eating them. It's weird. When I had a dog no one ever told me they like dogs... in stew.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 8:37 am

C'mon. Update please. What's the rabbit's name?