Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 4:10 pm

Hope you feel better soon League_Girl. ♡♡

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 5:13 pm

You’re sweet, Lunella.

But please allay your worries. She’s recovered.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 9:35 pm

QFT wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy

Here is proof that not every person who has COVID gets lower respiratory problems, which is why I worry whenever I feel that weird flu-type feeling coming on in the winter (but is not a virus, it just feels like one).

I'm glad you're OK though. Most people get over COVID and although a lot of people have died it is still unlikely to die.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw her list. As far as death, I think stats show that maybe 1% of them die, and then you can pretty much know you won't fall into that 1% by the virtue of not being extremely old or extremely sick. But something I am a lot more concerned about is that I read that 2/3 of people with covid get permanent lung damage (called post-covid fibrosis). But then again, what about people such as her who don't experience difficulty breathing "during" covid. Does it mean they fall into the other 1/3 who don't get post-covid fibrosis, or does it mean that there might be a damage with a delayed action kind of thing, so that even though she is breathing fine now, she might not breath so fine later? I also read that -- apart from this -- there are other kinds of permanent damage one might have: like there was someone who had their legs amputated all because of covid. I don't know how common it is though. In any case, I would worry about permanent damage a lot more than death, at least by looking at the statistics.

Utter rubbish. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 9:39 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When I was at college I knew a (healthy) girl that got the flu, got really ill with it, and it gave her permanent laryngitis. Her voice was never the same after that. But that doesn't often happen, so I think it's the same with COVID; it's known to happen but isn't too common.

Research suggests there are a *MASSIVE* number of people who got the coronavirus but didn't know about it.
People often focus on very rare cases, which I find odd. :scratch:

kraftiekortie wrote:
You’re sweet, Lunella.

But please allay your worries. She’s recovered.

Mate, I'm sweet too, but you never tell *me* that. <huff> :evil:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 9:50 pm

I don't think I have been hit by it, but I am not sure...I have heard even some people have potentially got immunity. But yeah so I have no idea if I carry the virus but am not having symptoms of if some symptoms I have are caused by it. Like in Colorado there is smoke from our own fires but we are also getting a lot of the smoke from the west coast, so like now if you have some trouble breathing it could be more related to smoke than covid. so could be hard for some people to be able to tell if they have covid or are just getting sick from the smoke. Like it's just a bad situation all around.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 9:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't think I have been hit by it, but I am not sure...I have heard even some people have potentially got immunity. But yeah so I have no idea if I carry the virus but am not having symptoms of if some symptoms I have are caused by it. Like in Colorado there is smoke from our own fires but we are also getting a lot of the smoke from the west coast, so like now if you have some trouble breathing it could be more related to smoke than covid. so could be hard for some people to be able to tell if they have covid or are just getting sick from the smoke. Like it's just a bad situation all around.

Most kids have immunity.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Most kids have immunity.

Maybe, still with all the kids having potentially been sent back to school I tend to keep my distance from them. Seems like school would be a great cesspool way for the virus to spread...which is why i cannot figure out why people keep pushing in person learning with a freaking pandemic. But whatever I just keep my distance from unmasked kids at the grocery store with their unmasked parents.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 2:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Most kids have immunity.

Maybe, still with all the kids having potentially been sent back to school I tend to keep my distance from them. Seems like school would be a great cesspool way for the virus to spread...which is why i cannot figure out why people keep pushing in person learning with a freaking pandemic. But whatever I just keep my distance from unmasked kids at the grocery store with their unmasked parents.

And it's frustrating when kids in supermarkets get too close to you and invade your personal space or walk into you, when you're trying to avoid them. :roll:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 8:58 pm

I’m glad you recovered League_Girl :D I haven’t been tested, I would like to, but I don’t want swap up my nose, they do other ways too. I don’t even have a doctor I like, I need to find a different doctor, I can’t have any doctor.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2020, 10:34 pm

Slight fever and sore throat started on a friday and done by Monday covid is overrated for most people but should be taken very seriously as by people with preexisting conditions.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 10:45 pm

Brehus wrote:
Slight fever and sore throat started on a friday and done by Monday covid is overrated for most people but should be taken very seriously as by people with preexisting conditions.

Did the doctor actually "say" it was covid or are you just "assuming" that it was? I mean, long before covid ever started, you probably had those kinds of things happen from time to time. So how do you know that its covid rather than one of those normal things that always happen?

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2020, 8:38 am

QFT wrote:
Brehus wrote:

Did the doctor actually "say" it was covid or are you just "assuming" that it was? I mean, long before covid ever started, you probably had those kinds of things happen from time to time. So how do you know that its covid rather than one of those normal things that always happen?

I tested positive for antibodies for covid so it was either that or I am one who get no symptoms at all

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:10 pm

I just took another test, and tested negative.

It was the PCR test given by my place of employment.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 4:50 am

I just saw this. League_Girl. I am glad you are feeling better. :heart:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 5:15 am

My wife did while we was in China before covid-19 was official announced. She got it during last year in 2019 during November or October or so.

It affected her respiratory system, she had a head ache and felt massive fatigue. I had to take care of her for 4-6 weeks.

During that time, I got a headache and within 2 days or so it went away.

But, I thought she was going to die. At one point I wanted to take her to the hospital in China. But, she said no.

She is fine now. But, I saw first hand what this thing can do.

It's no joke. Do the social distancing. Wear your f*****g masks! Wash your hands often. Use your arm when you have to cough or sneeze not your hand.