Page 8 of 39 [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39  Next

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 4:09 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
(Personally, I don't think panspermia is necessary to explain life on Earth. But I don't think it's impossible either.)

I agree.
Thoughts on George Van Tassel?
I have been itching to visit the Integratron in Landers, CA not terribly close but considerably closer for me than many on this thread.
Find it amusing that he built the Integratron largely with donations from Howard Hughs.

Wiki on the Integratron: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integratron
Integratron website: https://www.integratron.com/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 4:52 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:

Personally, I don't think panspermia is necessary to explain life on Earth. But I don't think it's impossible either.

*or blatant alien space probe, depending on who you talk to...

Exactly. Its not necessary. But its not impossible. And it still begs the question how did life begin on this OTHER planet that seeded the earth. And if it got seeded by a third planet then...

On the other hand in the young solar system Mars was more earth like and earth was rather hellish. Life might have started on Mars. Jumped to earth, and then died out on mars.

I have a theory that UFOs might not space ships carrying alien astronauts (Buzz Aldrin's in reverse) as commonly supposed, but might be themselves living organisms that actually live in space. There is a Mexican volcano were UFOs are often seen. Some think that they are space craft somehow refueling from the sulfur fumes of the volcano. But maybe they are themselves living critters. Maybe they come to earth to spawn (like salmon), and eat sulfur fumes from volcanos, and then jump back into interplanetary space, and feed off of solar radiation and cosmic rays.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 5:09 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:
(Personally, I don't think panspermia is necessary to explain life on Earth. But I don't think it's impossible either.)

I agree.
I have been itching to visit the Integratron in Landers, CA not terribly close but considerably closer for me than many on this thread.
Find it amusing that he built the Integratron largely with donations from Howard Hughs.

Whether or not it could have worked as advertised, I have to admire his dedication and ingenuity in building that thing! Pretty cool that it's now open for meditation sessions.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 6:46 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:

I agree.

Whether or not it could have worked as advertised, I have to admire his dedication and ingenuity in building that thing! Pretty cool that it's now open for meditation sessions.

Not exactly open. They hold a sound bath there as a private session 1-10 people for $500 or 11-15 people for $750.
Pre-covid you could make a reservation usually 2 weeks in advance for a public session which were about $30 a person.
They were completely shut down for a time, now only open for private sessions.
The connection to Howard Hughes is curious too. I haven't encountered much on him being sympathetic to ufologists etc.
Would anyone recommend any of George Van Tassel's literary works? And which are his best?

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 10 Oct 2020, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 6:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I have a theory that UFOs might not space ships carrying alien astronauts (Buzz Aldrin's in reverse) as commonly supposed, but might be themselves living organisms that actually live in space. There is a Mexican volcano were UFOs are often seen. Some think that they are space craft somehow refueling from the sulfur fumes of the volcano. But maybe they are themselves living critters. Maybe they come to earth to spawn (like salmon), and eat sulfur fumes from volcanos, and then jump back into interplanetary space, and feed off of solar radiation and cosmic rays.

Hmm ... interesting idea.
I don't weigh in too much about actual UFOs.
I am comfortable with the idea that many of these are government testing new technology. Well no, I'm not really comfortable with that idea at all, it just seems plausible to me.

When you wrote "critters" it immediately made me think of this!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
My contention was that Cyberdad was just being sloppy in his word usage, or that he may actually be confused about cosmic distances, and how things compare to each other. He may not even understand what a "light year" actually IS. Any of which would be minor infractions for laypersons in most conversations. But for a guy like Cyber who makes a cause celeb out of UFOs , and is now conversing about the topic, its a major infraction. He should up his game. .

Agreed I was being sloppy but this is a discussion forum and not a scientific conference - this avenue of discussion opens up an interesting opportunity to point out that panspermia opens up yet another can of worms. Since we don't know the mechanism by which life arises we have no idea where a hypothetical "seed" arose?
- could have arisen on mars and shot to earth
- could have arisen a few light years away
- hundreds of lights years
- thousands of light years

This is the one drawback with panspermia doesn't resolve is how life first arose and evolved.

Of course if panspermia doesn't apply it means organic matter from a comet was sufficent in a warm pool on earth was an incubator to create the first unicellular organisms (the latter is scientific convention).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

You've been watching Star wars rebels - there are interstellar whale type critters who migrate through space and live of gaseous emissions in space. I think there is an earth bound theory called

My own speculation is that an advanced life-form wouldn't bother physically entering earth and could just send drones OR use artificial life forms (which the greys are speculated to be) or bots to do their bidding.

Another issue is that beings could be entering earth via another dimension or one of the many hypothesised multiverses that are purported to exist. Again portals or doorways between dimensions could be used to enter and leave.

Another thing people don't realise is that earthlings can inoculate other planets when we send probes. Its likely we could have already sent "water bears" called Tardigrades to mars which who knows what long term impact will have? or bacteria to waterbound moons like Europa.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/ ... ter-bears/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:54 pm

Never saw StarWars Rebels. Didnt get the idea from that.

As a kid in the Sixties I read in a book about how we might actually send cyborgs to other planets instead of humans. Ergo that aliens might do the same in reverse.

And send cyborgs here. It occurred to that they might do that or send biologically engineered living robots (like the "replicants" in Blade Runner) here. Maybe the Greys are like giant worker ants breed in some factory at their home planet for the purpose of visiting this hostile planet here of ours. They may only have a passing resemblance to the actual "people" living on their planet.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 10 Oct 2020, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:57 pm

I am comfortable with the idea that many of these are government testing new technology. Well no, I'm not really comfortable with that idea at all, it just seems plausible to me.

Assuming Roswell and/or other theories are valid then back engineered black projects are not impossible.

The only drawback is that the US government are currently funding observation of "bogeys" (UFOs) strafing US naval ships which would seem odd if these are their own devices?

An interesting observation here is Bigelow Aeropsace Industries were given $22m by the Pentagon to conduct investigation of the aforementioned bogeys (UFOs) and they are using the data they are collecting to investigate a real project called the M-drive which is a completely novel propulsion system called a "warp drive". This is actually not fantasy, its a real thing

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-science/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Just asking...they actually have beasties that fit the model you portrayed

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Just asking...they actually have beasties that fit the model you portrayed

Interesting. Will have to check that out.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
An interesting observation here is Bigelow Aeropsace Industries were given $22m by the Pentagon to conduct investigation of the aforementioned bogeys (UFOs) and they are using the data they are collecting to investigate a real project called the M-drive which is a completely novel propulsion system called a "warp drive". This is actually not fantasy, its a real thing

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-science/

Hmm ... very intriguing
What do you know about George Van Tassel
Do you find it curious that Howard Hughes was largely the financier of his Integratron?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Maybe the Greys are like giant worker ants breed in some factory at their home planet for the purpose of visiting this hostile planet here of ours. They may only have a passing resemblance to the actual "people" living on their planet.

I think the testimony from alien abductees (again take it with a grain of salt) is that greys are replicants who serve a mix of masters ranging from nordic humanoids to reptilian shape shifters.

What's interesting is alien-human hybrids which actually seem to be a hybrid with greys which suggest they could have humanoid DNA like the founders in Ridley Scott's Prometheus

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:08 pm

Hmm ... very intriguing
What do you know about George Van Tassel
Do you find it curious that Howard Hughes was largely the financier of his Integratron?

Van Tassel was a contactee and author like the famous Bud Hopkins

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

We were watching a TV doc about alien abductees, and mom quipped that "one day one of these people is gonna come back with a metal tag hanging from their ear. Like those tags park rangers put on wildlife to keep track of their migrations".

Some years later I saw another cable show about how some abductees have...IMPLANTS. Little foreign objects in their bodies of unexplainable origin. Was Mom onto something?

Someone cue up the Twilight Zone music!

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

We were watching a TV doc about alien abductees, and mom quipped that "one day one of these people is gonna come back with a metal tag hanging from their ear. Like those tags park rangers put on wildlife to keep track of their migrations".

Some years later I saw another cable show about how some abductees have...IMPLANTS. Little foreign objects in their bodies of unexplainable origin. Was Mom onto something?

Someone cue up the Twilight Zone music!

Essentially my entire spine is made out of metal
I told this once to a Native American guy who was, very, disturbed to hear this to say the least and recommended I take his spot in a peyote ceremony to protect my spirit from "that thing they put in you." I declined.
Very true story.
However "they" were a team of doctors at the Children's Hospital of Orange County and not aliens

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 10 Oct 2020, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.